- PMP certified IT professional with 16 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive 7 years of Software Asset Management experience, working as a Lead Consultant for Confidential in charge of a team of 8 consultants.
- Manage software assets for 15,000+ servers and 50,000+ users with inclusiveness and flexibility in accommodating all business complexities and strong customer focus .
- Experience of software audits and transfers for 45+ divestitures across the globe.
- Produced savings of $13MM approx. by proactively doing software internal audits, reharvesting unused licenses and unlimited License agreement declarations.
- Manage software support & subscriptions renewals and translate software contract terms to understand the software usage for business users.
- Extensive experience in managing large programs, multiple projects, product releases, client relationship management, delivery with large teams and in diversified domains and pre - sales. Experience in account mining activities like creating proposals, billing and accrual, procurement, resource management, project health checks, quality processes, internal auditing etc.
Senior Solution Architect
- Program Manager for software audits and license management of 45+ sub-businesses’ Confidential Capital server software inventory.
- Expertise in Server & Desktop Software reconciliation and remediation activities for giant software vendors like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Symantec, SAS etc.
- Currently leading team of 8 software asset specialists at offshore to support SAM projects of 45+ geographically distributed businesses under the umbrella of one SAM program for 15000+ servers and 50,0000+ business users.
- Established procedures to work with automated software asset management tool to have real time compliance information.
- Analyze software compliance. Work with Software Governance Leaders to communicate gaps on their software installations.
- Work with sourcing, finance, legal and software vendors to support software governance activities and maximize resources.
- Manage reconciliation efforts to make sure all installed software is covered by the proper license and to achieve maximum savings through the reuse of licenses.
- Review software contracts to understand software use rights and make sure software within the organization is used per such rights.
- Manage Unlimited license agreement of software declaration for software vendors like Oracle, VMware etc.
- Perform software audits during business acquisitions and divestitures to prepare initial stock take and assist with software transfers.
- Carry out risk analysis to create preventive controls to avoid non-compliance.
- Use ASPERA Software Asset Management tool for License management. And HPAM tool, ServiceNow and CMDB for software discovery.
- Extensively work with ServiceNow and CMDB team to gain machines environment and configuration thorough knowledge like clusters, VMs, ESX hosts, Cloud, Processors, Cores etc. to map the software vendors’ respective licensing guidelines for license management and audits.
- Managed projects of different domains and technologies, with maximum of 40 team members size.
- Project estimations and resource planning for fixed bid and Confidential & Confidential projects.
- Project billing and accrual activities.
- Project health checks using different types of metric sheets and conducting review meetings at different level like team, account and QA.
- Involvement into the preparation of the proposal against the RFPs and SoW
- Track and control the life cycle of projects by means of project plans, reviews and steering meetings with the stakeholders.
- Involved into appraisal and training activities for the team.