- Identify and evaluate new technology, tools and products for Business Intelligence and Decision Support Solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, good analytical, problem solving skills and out of the box thinking
- Managing and Hands - on development of Business Intelligence systems
- Working with and knowledge of Big Data, Business Objects, VBA, JAVA, Tableau
- Extract Transform and Load(ETL) data into data warehouse(Data Services, Datastage)
- Work within multiple methodologies including (SDLC) Software Development LifeCycle
- Manage internal and offshore consultants in order to maintain database repository
- Establishing guidelines(Documentation) and gather requirements needed for tasks.
Software Applications: SAP BO Applications(WEBI, BEx, DESKI, Explorer, CMC..), ETL(Datastage, BODS), APOS, Tableau, Eclipse, JIRA, ASP\JSP, SDK, Shell, PL-SQL, Powerbuilder, VBA, SAP (ABAP, SapScript, BASIS), C, SQL, Java, SAS
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Informix, Sybase, DB2, MS Access
Operating Systems/Servers: Linux, UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX & AIX), Windows (multiple platforms), Safeboot Security Boot, Putty, IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic
Tools: & Utilities: 360+, SSMS, APOS, Toad, SQL Analyzer, Teradata Client, SQL Navigator, MS Access, Shell Scripting(vi, awk, sed),Telnet, LoadRunner, Erwin, Microsoft Suite of tools (including Word, Project & Excel).
Confidential, Orlando, FL
BI SAP BO Developer
- Setup and Manage User Security and Groups on accessing environments (BO 6.x through 4.x).
- Universe design\maintenance; development of reports based on needs and requirements
- Migrate reports and Universes to multiple platforms along with assist to implement and support BI tools (Business Objects suite
- Manage and maintain the database connectivity, including regularly evaluating datasets working heavily with SQL coding for troubleshooting and performance tuning database. Databases use includes Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Informix and Teradata. SQL engines include SSMS, TOAD, SQL Analyzer and SQL Assistant.
- Performing data quality tasks on information transmitted and received from outside vendors.
- Implement the department s continuous improvement initiatives to upgrade processes, systems, and reporting using Business Objects.
- Prepare documentation for development tracking and training internal users.
- Meet with department heads to review requirements and implement reporting solutions.
BI Data Analyst\Developer
- Using these tools perform upgrade of SAP BO to version(4.2 sp3) and apply patch accordingly.
- Maintain User Security access for all users(between 1000 - 3000)
- Gather data requirements and maintain reports using SQL Server database along with SSIS ETL for building and maintaining datawarehouse.
- Work with APOS tool in order to set up massive busting of thousands of emails as needed.
- Work within technical and business team in order to develop new BI Model
BI SAP BO Developer
- I used my SAP background with SD and other components in order to deliver what was requested
- I developed Universes and Reports using SAP BW brought into a Datawarehouse by ETL management tools
- I documented areas of reporting and application training as needed to assist the Business Analysts
Senior Business Intelligence
- Focus on the development of solution approaches and designs for projects using BI Tools including Business Objects 4.0 suite(WEBI, Rich Client, Designer(UDT; IDT), Publisher Import Wizard and CMC).
- Using ETL(Datastage); leverage the information available in order to create and maintain database(DB2) tables used within Universes(datamarts).
- Design and Develop reports and dashboards using WEBI & Rich Client using BO suite. Reports created; range from simple to complex using multiple universes. Set up Scheduling of reports to groups of users. Use CMC in order to obtain latest reports\universes within BIAR files and implementing them onto multiple systems for continued development as needed.
- Discuss technical concepts, issues and ideas with technology and business stakeholders by initiating collaborative discussions, and presentations.
- Support day to day operations mentoring users including holding training sessions to help empower them to work more efficiently.
Confidential, Plainview, NY
Senior Business Intelligence
- Using Business Objects XIR3 and suite of applications I was in charge of BI environment.
- Using SAP BODS as the ETL application I developed and maintained the datawarehouse(Oracle). I also used TOAD (SQL Generator) in order to troubleshoot and\or create SQL Queries on an as needed basis.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs gathering requirements for report development. Reports were developed using WEBI, Rich Client, Polestar Explorer and Xcelsius. They ranged in complexity from simple, crosstabs and dashboards. Reports were also scheduled and bursted to individuals and\or groups. When needed assist end users with writing reports and performing ad hoc queries.
- Assist Administrator in the support and maintenance of users, servers and application suite including the use of Universe Designer, Import Wizard and CMC.
- Hold training seminars in order to educate department users.
- Maintain documentation for universes and reports used by the users in order to better understand