- 10 years of IT experience in requirement gathering, analysis, mapping, data and dimensional modeling, design and development, testing, implementation and support of Data Warehousing solutions, ETL/ELT and performance tuning.
- Strong experience in Teradata, Informatica, Datastage, Mainframe and UNIX.
- Working experience in various industry domains like Banking, Insurance, Telecom, networking and energy & utilities.
- Experience on Financial services data model (FSDM/ FSLDM).
- Working experience in implementing projects with agile methodology (Agile Scrum, Rally).
- Highly Proficient in client interactions, leading the team and has onsite experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, team building and handling skills with proficiency at grasping new concepts quickly and utilizing the same in a productive manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and flexible in work schedules.
- Teradata Certified Technical specialist.
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
Database: Teradata V2R5, 12.0, 13.0, 14.0, 15.0, Oracle 8i/9i/10g
ETL Tools: Datastage 7.5/8.1/8.5, Informatica 7.x/8.x/9.x
Scripting Languages: SQL, Unix
Domain: Banking, Telecom, Energy & Utilities, Insurance, Networking
Data Model: FSDM
Methodology: Waterfall Model, Agile Scrum (Tool used: Rally)
Tools: and Utilities: Mainframe, SQL assistant, TPT, Teradata Utilities(Mload, Fload, Bteq, Fastexport, Tpump), GCFR
Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, Power point, Sharepoint, MS Visio
Requirement gathering from Business users and analyze the same.
Creation of User stories using Rally tool and Test cases.
Converting the business requirements to mappings and models.
Developing ETL codes using Teradata SQL, utilities and tools and testing the same.
ETL jobs creation using Datastage and Informatica.
JCL creations in mainframe to run Teradata scripts and ETL jobs.
Have experience on Performance Tuning.
Creating QA testcases and testplans of ETL codes or jobs developed.
Basic knowledge of Hadoop.
Sr. Technical Consultant
- Model, create, implement and maintain EDW for Confidential using SAS DI and teradata.
- Requirement gathering from business users and analyze the same.
- Create Micro Design and mapping documents based on business requirements.
- Creation of Use cases, flow diagrams, test cases and include same in Micro Design.
- Leading development team to develop, test and implement SAS jobs using control framework modules to load EDW as per business requirement.
- Work estimation and task assignment to the team and handling issues in production.
Business Analyst/Onsite Coordinator
- To model, create and implement an EDW for Confidential Insurance based on business requirements. Data sources were Guidwire and MDM.
- Requirement gathering from buisness users and Analyze the same.
- Decompose business requirement and map it to FSLDM subject areas and entities.
- Assign the business requirements to agile user stories for each sprint of 2 weeks.
- Conducting daily standup meetings, sprint retrospective, sprint planning etc.
- Analyze the source model (Guidewire, MDM) and identify the entities and attributes required to complete each business requirement.
- Identify and create mappings to map the source attributes to FSLDM entities and attributes of different subject area as per business requirement.
- Create prototype and present the solution to business user/architect for approval through Power point presentations and prototype codes generated in SQL.
- Creating functional design document and working with development team for design, testing and implementation of the same using Informatica and teradata.
- Creation of test cases and test plans using SQL and capture the results in Excel.
- Maintain all documentations on sharepoint.
Lead Technical Solution Architect/ Onsite coordinator
- Daily interaction with business users and client manager to discuss about new requirements, status of current assignment at offshore and handling issues.
- Responsible for work estimates and task assignment to team members and taking care of any issues and concerns if any by discussing with onsite manager and team.
- Requirement Gathering and analysis.
- Working with BSA and datamodeller for development of System Requirement Specification, Mapping documents and data models, flow diagrams, activity diagrams using Visio, Excel, Word etc.
- Create technical design documents detailing the activities to be executed as part of the technical Solution.
- Developing the code for ETL using Teradata SQL and utilities(Mload, Fastload, Fastexport, TPT), Datastage jobs and mainframe Codes (JCLs, Cobol, Focus).
- Ensured high quality and accuracy of deliverables by creating and executing test plans resulting in defect free releases.
- Following the process to promote developed code to production using Endevor and Scheduling changes through Mainframe Zeke, if applicable.
- Supporting and monitoring the implementation activities.
- Facilitated Solution walkthrough sessions and handovers with clients.
- Creating and updating userstories and tasks on Agile tool( Rally) for each sprint.
- Attending daily standup meeting, Sprint retrospective meetings etc.
- Mentored new members and provided technical and process related
Data Quality Analyst
- Analyze and understand the requirement.
- Develop and run test plans and test cases using Teradata SQL, Oracle SQL, UNIX, mainframe, SQL assistant and Toad based on the mapping documents.
- Raising Defects on HPQC and following up with development team for rectification of same.
- Support and Maintenance of the application by resolving the issues in production and implementing the change requests using Informatica, Teradata and Unix within the given time duration and thereby meeting SLAs.
- Performance tuning of existing ETL codes (Teradata SQLs, informatica jobs) to load EDW.
- Handling individual PRs (Performance problem ticket)
- Analyzing the core reason of the problem (low performance)
- Finding solution to improve performance
- Testing and implementation of solution on live (Production)
- Preparing all documentation related with the PR
- Support, Maintenance and enhancement of existing EDW.
- Handling the change request as per the client requirement.
- Development, Testing and implementation of CR using Informatica, SQL Server and Unix.
- Preparation of documents related to change request.
Data warehouse Developer
- Development and Enhancement of banking EDW and datamarts.
- Development of ETL scripts using Teradata utilities, Teradata Sql, Informatica, Mainframe (JCLs) as per business requirement.
- Creation and execution of test plans and test cases.
- Work with QA team to resolve any issues appear during System testing.
- Maintaining proper documentation of all process
- Adherence to prescribed quality procedure