- SAP BO Specialist, Architect, Lead consultant with 10 years of BO experience with 8 development, 3 upgrade projects on SAP BO XI 4.X / 3.X / XIR2 / 6.X, SAP BO DS 4.X and SAP BO DI 3.X.
- Strong experience on BO Platform Installation and configuration, Server Clustering, Load Balancing, SSO Integration with LDAP, SAP, BO Migration and upgrade, performance tuning, troubleshooting and monitoring
- 9 years of hands on experience on Reporting using Webi/CR/DeskI, Designing universes via universe designer (3.1 or old versions) and Information Design tool (4.0), Dashboard Designer XI4.0, Xcelsius 2008/4.5, Import wizard, LCM, Upgrade management, Live Office, Explorer as Subject Metter Expert.
- Specialized in best practices, solution positioning, implementation assessment, feasibility and SWOT analysis, BO Architecture, Design, Development, Configuration with recent and old versions of SAP Business Objects, ETL/DW technologies like SAP DS, DI, Informatica, Oracle DI.
- SAP BO Migration & Upgrade Projects, post - production support and sustenance activities for BOXIR2, XI3.0, 3.1, XI4.0 with gathering, analyzing business requirements, functional requirements, and data specifications.
- Strong hands on data warehouse design, data modeling, database technologies like Oracle, Sql server etc.
- Strong experience with databases (Oracle, sql, db2) queries creations, fine tuning, procedures, and database activities and ETL tools like SAP Data service 4.0, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica and Good knowledge of Oracle, SQL, Procedures, Views and DB activities.
- Excellent communication skills combined with system ownership attitude.
BI Reporting / ETL Tools / OLAP / DSS Tools: SAP Business Objects XI4.0 / XI 3.1(R3.1)/R2/R1/6.x Administration, Installation, Configuration, Support SIA, Central Management Console, Central Configuration ManagerWeb intelligence, Webi Rich client, Desktop IntelligenceCrystal Reports XI, 4.0, Crystal Xcelsius 2008/4.5, Dashboard Design 4.0, Universe Designer, Information Design Tool, SDK, COM SDK, Translation Manager, Performance Manager, Deployment Tool Life Cycle Management, QAAWS, RCT
Upgrade Management Tool: MicroStrategy 8.x, 9.x, Microsoft SSRS, SAP Data Services 4.0, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator
Data Modeling / Oracle Utilities: Erwin Model, TOAD, SQL Developer
Databases: ORACLE 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Perl, Visual Basic 6.0.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
Other Tools: FOG Light, BMC Remedy, SalseForce.com, SAP CSS Change Management System, IBM Portal, Jira
Confidential, Paramus, NJ
- Leading BO - CCB reporting upgrade project as SAP Business Objects Expert and lead, architect for TCS and Confidential teams spread across USA and India.
- Responsible for assessment of the old system, finding gaps, analysis of requirements and proposing the strategy for BI governance.
- Created Best Practices, Process work flows Methodologies for environmental Migrations and performance enhancements for BOE and BODS Jobs.
- End to end responsibility of 4 BOE and BO DS Environments from layout plan, architecture, design, hardware sizing, installation, development, maintenance and administration support.
- Initiated discussion on Hardware Sizing, User requirements, process design and closed the decisions successfully with proposed requirements.
- Served as Business Intelligence architecture expert, reporting lead for data model design and infrastructure teams.
- Planned and laid out Architecture of SAP BO DEV, SIT, UAT, PROD and DR environment as per the requirements perspective.
- Installed Business Objects XI 4.0 on Windows/Unix with Apache/Tomcat on Development, QA, Production and DR Environments and worked as primary support contact for all environments.
- Worked on Server monitoring, User experience, Scheduling services, Group managements, Integration activities, SAP Maintenance Activities.
- Investigated and proposed the options for Clustering v/s no clustering, and Load balancing requirements.
- Worked on Auditing and Monitoring POCs for BOE report Scheduling, DS Meta Data Access and Report reconciliation Activities.
- Integration of SAP BO with third party Cisco tool “TIDAL” for report scheduling
- Created Version and Release Management process for team to code migration and maintenance purposes.
- Worked closely with DBAs, Infrastructure teams for DW recommendations and requirements.
- Interacted with end users to know their requirement understanding while gathering the report requirements and provided several report mock-ups to finalize the requirements.
- Helped Data Architect to build the data model and Fact/ Dimensional requirements.
- Identifying and removing bottlenecks in order to improve the performance of dashboards and reports.
- Worked on ETL Design Guidelines and Best practices document for developers to work on.
Environment: Business Objects 3.1, XI 4.0 (Designer, UDT WEBI, Web Rich Client, Xcelsius, Dashboard Designer 4.0), Oracle 10g/11g, CC&B Application, Toad, Apache/Tomcat, Windows 2008 R2, UNIX.
BI Lead - BOBJ Architect / Lead
- Interacted with Business Sponsors, Business Teams, Analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Interacted with end users for requirement, gathering the system requirements and provided several system requirements.
- Served as Business Intelligence design expert, solution manager and collaborated with peer business intelligence and data warehouse leads and developers on solution design.
- Responsible for all technical design deliverables, system design document, and conversion of business requirements in business/technical requirement documents.
- Delivered 3 Environments, 100+ Reports, 4 Dashboards, 4 major universes with 100+ tables each.
- End to end responsibility of Administrations, Installation, configuration and support of BO environment.
- Deployed Business Objects Universes and Reports in a Secure Environment from One Server to Other Servers using LCM and BIAR file methodology
- Guided technical resources through design, construction, testing, and implementation of solution
- Assisted technical resources in troubleshooting and tuning of reporting solutions
- Involved in Tuning and server configurations for different environments and applied Service Packs and Fix packs to stabilize Server environments.
- Technical expertise in Analyzing, Design, Implementation and administration of security models with row level data security, role based security etc. in Business Objects Universes and Central Management Console (CMC)
- Designed, developed, deployed and maintained universes used Business Objects designer and IDT.
- Trained end users and developers on SAP BOXI3.1 and XI4.0 product tools.
Environment: Business Objects XI 4.0 (Designer, UDT WEBI, Web Rich Client, Xcelsius, Dashboard Designer 4.0), Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Server 2005, Toad and Apache/Tomcat, Informatica, ODI.
Confidential, SFO, CA
Business Objects Design Architect / Sr Developer / BI Admin
- Worked in BI Development and Production Support, maintaining Business Objects environments with 1000+ user base.
- Designed, developed, deployed and maintained universes using Business Objects designer.
- Documented user requirements, translated Functional requirements into Technical Requirements and develop implementation plan and schedule.
- Created highly formatted reports to visually represent data.
Environment: SAP Business Objects 3.1, Oracle 10g, UNIX
Confidential, Santa Barbara, CA
Sr BO Consultant, Upgrade Lead
- Involved in understanding of requirements and proposing the migration approach.
- Administration, Architecture design, support for BO 3.x and BO 4.x system.
- Working with business analysts and vendors to understand business requirements.
- To act as a single point of contact for delivery/testing teams and business users as BO Expert.
Environment: SAP BO XI3.1, SAP BO 4.0, Oracle, Windows Server 2008, Xcelsius,CR
Confidential, Santa Barbara, CA
BI Lead - Sr BO Consultant
- Conduct on-going System Administration duties such as reports publishing configuration, scheduling, and setting up users security groups and report group hierarchies
- Administration tasks including Business Objects server and service pack updates and system patching maintenance as recommended and required
- Miscellaneous Technical Support as needed to support organizations requirements
- BO report, Dashboard and Universe development.
- Monitor, maintain analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose system and report issues with third party teams, subject matter experts, and colleagues.
Environment: SAP BO3.1 (full tool set), Oracle, Windows 2008
BI Specialist - Lead/Architect
- Working with different client to discuss and analyze BO / BI strategy and business requirements.
- Worked as Business Objects Lead Specialist and Subject Metter Expert.
- Best Practices design and Methodology development activities.
- New technologies evaluation and helping client and team in adapting to the new technologies.
- To be engaged with multiple teams, working on effort and cost estimation for projects.
- Defining high-level solution and blueprint for solutions on which technical specialists can work on.
- To work with leadership to define processes and guidelines for improvements.
- Managed day to day activities in coordination with senior management and technical teams.
- Providing technical leadership to the multiple project teams by solving problems and issues where the development team is stuck and engagement with management is must.
- Building, go-to market solutions and review technical design document.
- Help development team in technical related activities and defining high-level solution.
- I was involved in complete delivery support responsibility from Vancouver/Paris
- Helping Identify gaps and work on process improvement with offshore team.
- Worked in Development and modification of Sales and marketing universes.
- Developing, Testing, Tuning Business Repots in XIR2 and XIR3.
- Created 50+ complex reports in web intelligence using java report panel.
- Responsible for Administration of BO Server with admin activities.
- Understanding existing system and enhanced the reports as per the requirements
Environment: SAP BOXIR2, XI3.0, XI3.1, Oracle, SQL, MS Access, Windows