Business - savvy, results-driven leader offering strong credentials, coupled with experience in developing, leading and maximizing performance of both individuals and teams. Accomplished leader in driving change and excelling at developing and championing corporate values, vision and mission. Recognized as an excellent communicator with a proven ability to provide partnership to management and staff. Strategic business partner and catalyst for innovative solutions that address today’s business challenges of attaining revenue goals, controlling expenses, satisfying clients, all with a total Human Capital focus. Member of key management teams and directly involved in the total operation and growth of an organization. Strategic planner and sound decision maker focused on bottom-line results, superior service quality, and internal and external client satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Talent/Performance Management
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Development
- Employee Development
- Succession Planning and Implementation
- Compensation Reviews and Planning
- Employee/Labor Relations
- Team Conflict Resolution
Confidential, TROY, MI
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner
- Establish and lead progress against Human Resources priorities for the business, with a strong focus on talent management, recruitment to support growth, and employee development.
- Provide consulting and guidance to the Leadership team on issues related to their people resources, including employee relations, leadership development, recruitment, compensation, employee engagement, organizational design and diversity.
- Assimilated and integrated EVP, Chief Risk Officer and EVP, General Counsel.
- Lead Talent Acquisition initiatives to develop and implement proactive recruitment strategies and sourcing pipelines, identify and attract a diverse and highly qualified pool of candidates, manage capacity plan changes based on business dynamics, and drive internal mobility plans.
- Partner with Learning and Organizational Development, Performance Improvement and business management teams to build and drive the development and leadership agenda across the organization.
- Partner with Compensation to apply the right strategy that attracts and rewards employees based on business goals, local markets and employee performance via 2013 compensation re-design project.
- Lead team of two Talent Acquisition Consultants and one Human Resources Generalist.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Human Resources Business Partner (Manager)
- Strengthened relationships with functional Lines of Business by making HR a strategic business partner in process development, staffing, leadership development, talent and performance management and employee relations.
- Lead the IT Divisional rollout of Talent Review, Succession Planning, and Performance Management processes through implementation of new Integrated Talent Management System (ITMS).
- Provided HR counsel for IT Performance Transformation efforts that concluded with a 40% reduction in systems delivery lifecycle ($4 million in savings), and subsequent 12.45% reduction in IT staffing cost.
- Played a key role with the IT Executive Team for moving the IT Division towards leveraging talent and implementing programs to move teams toward achieving excellence.
- Served as Workflow Team Leader on Workforce Planning module of Integrated Talent Management System, with pilot for IT Division on track for completion in September of 2010.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
Director, Human Resources
- Lead and directed the HR operations for a 50+ employee organization that included the development and execution of HR programs, services and solutions to successfully meet both organizational and corporate goals.
- Created recruitment and selection process for Experienced Hire and Campus Recruiting efforts, resulting in a 50% increase in full-time hires for fiscal year 2007.
- Implemented online recruitment system to streamline candidate management process and reduce administrative processing time in recruitment and selection process.
- Initiated relationships with Leadership at key universities for Intern recruitment.
- Provided expert advice, counsel, and coaching to senior leaders, managers, and employees on all employee related issues such as performance management, company policies and procedures, leadership development, performance management and employee relations.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Manager, Corporate Human Resources
- Provided, coached and delivered operational excellence through strong HR practices and programs which included compensation planning, employee relations, leadership and employee development, and retention efforts.
- Assimilated 2 new Chief Information Officers and two Vice Presidents to lead Information Technology Division.
- Developed partnership with Chief Information Officer and Executive Vice-President, Administration and IT in the integration of Human Resources into budgetary reviews, financial decision-making, and overall strategic business planning affecting the Information Technology Division.
- Partnered with Chief Information Officer and Executive Vice-President, Administration and IT to strategically re-design Information Technology Organization in achievement of a more efficient, cost-effective approach to technical business solutions.
- Deployed and trained leadership on an improved Performance Management Process, with a focus on written and verbal feedback and future career development.
- Developed and deployed a career development process and Dual-Ladder IT Career Path to Information Technology Division.
- Ensured legal compliance of and carried forth all employment decisions, such as termination, reduction in force, counseling, and investigation of discrimination and harassment complaints, via consultation with the Legal department and the Diversity Department.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Manager, Human Resources
- Created and managed HR function for startup internet services provider, to include staffing, policy and procedure development, compensation planning and administration, payroll and benefits, and onboarding.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
Regional Manager, Human Resources
- Provided planning, coaching and HR partnership to Michigan region leadership, employees, and labor representatives for a long-term care organization.
- Implemented procedures and policies on staffing and workforce management to optimize productivity and enhance organizational achievements.