Languages: Java, C, C++, Assembly Language (RISC and CISC Architectures), SQL, VHDL
Design Programs: Crystal Reports, ModelSim and Active - HDL VHDL, Matlab, PSpice, Synplify, Xilinx ISE, Handel-C, Html, MicroStrategy 8.x-9.x (MCE certified)
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/XP/2000/Server 2003, UNIX, Linux, Active Directory, Sun, DOS, Mac OS X
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MS Access, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Sybase
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer/Administrator/Architect Lead
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Analyzing Design and Architecture of BI Solutions using MSTR.
- Coordinate with offshore teams and resolve/clarify the project issues.
- Review design and code components.
- Work with multiple client teams and lead the project.
- Upgraded entire MSTR environment from 8.x and 9.x to latest version of MSTR.
- Client presentations on architecture and solution design.
- Advise and consult with business users, developers, and management in the creation of analytical solution to support business insight and decision making.
- Architect and optimize existing MicroStrategy infrastructure with a focus on usability, performance, reusability, long-term flexibility, and standardization.
- Provide technical oversight for the development of integrated MicroStrategy solutions through expert guidance, review and validation of existing reporting and new solutions to ensure continuous accuracy and front end ease-of-use.
- Collaborate closely with other Architects and development teams on MicroStrategy application design for enhanced insight capabilities. Establish standards.
- Develop MicroStrategy Schema, reports, report services documents and dynamic dashboards.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
Business Intelligence Engineer
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Analyzing business and technical problems and creating solutions to these problems.
- Rotating through other areas of the company as needed including engineering, technical support, production support, managed services and product management.
- Building new processes and materials to improve the knowledge and efficiency of peers including writing tech notes, building scripts, developing business processes, and generating other materials.
- Performing training and other tasks as needed while communicating closely with others.
Technical Support Engineer
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Provide complex and challenging support for MicroStrategy’s Business Intelligence product suite and its underlying technologies.
- Develop strong relationships with MicroStrategy customers and partners through daily interactions during customer project development and production system maintenance.
- Find creative and sophisticated solutions to problems reported while using MicroStrategy’s product suite through analytical talent and strong troubleshooting abilities.
- Work in a strong team environment to provide unparalleled support to customers in a wide variety of industries.
- Prioritize and communicate product defects and enhancements to development teams.
- Suggest initiatives that drive technology services towards a common goal of providing a service that exceeds expectations for quality, technical expertise, and timeliness.
- Integrate with the counterparts in appropriate Development and QE groups to advance product quality and support effectiveness .
- Author and maintain high - value technical articles in the MicroStrategy Knowledge Base.
Application Systems Analyst
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Administer comprehensive client data set up determined by business requirements and client protocols.
- Analyze data contained in databases and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Participate in system - wide, 2nd level technical support activities and investigations.
- Working trouble tickets within a CRM trouble ticketing environment.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Produced and enhanced stored procedures and ad hoc queries in SQL.
- Provide quick resolution to system anomalies.
- Escalate as necessary & recommend/document permanent solutions.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Set Up MicroStrategy and Windows Performance Counters and Log them to Text or CSV for Performance Tracking.
- Suggest and implement an idea each quarter that results in documentable efficiency and enhances performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Developed and Analyzed Application Objects (Metrics, Reports, Filters, Documents, Prompts) using the Microstrategy Desktop and Microstrategy Web interfaces
Confidential, Springfield, VA
- Implementing change requests (enhancements & defect corrections) and ensuring that coding standards are adhered to at all times.
- Monitor e - mail and voicemail queues.
- Create, assign and track tickets in Sales Force.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve/fix (when appropriate) outages/issues (either directly or by follow up) and communicate said information to the appropriate parties/customers.
- Creating and maintaining functional/technical notes relating to a support issue or new enhancement.
- Create and execute VB scripts as needed to test application functionality.
- Obtain, install & configure third party software and components.
- Establish functional & technical specifications for integration.
- Created and edited Crystal Reports.
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records.
- Resolve and or fix issues as required following SOP. If unable to resolve issues directly, follow escalation procedures set forth in the SOP.
- Hosted training sessions for new users to enterprise applications using GoToMeeting.
- Created Dynamic dashboards using MSTR to improve marketing by product, customer, geographic and promotion analysis.
- Created MSTR reports with various object prompts to generate various Ad hoc reports.
- Actively participated in creation of Dashboards for Revenue recognition, Claims processing and employee Performance.
- Organize crisis conference calls when required for high severity issues as defined by the SOP.
- Respond quickly and effectively during critical and emergency situations.
- Generate and/or maintain pertinent documentation.