- Accomplished, seasoned software professional, with 9 years of overall experience in software testing, quality assurance and development of mission critical software applications.
- Six years of software testing experience, which includes manual, smoke, regression, Integration, System, User acceptance and automated testing using QTP/QC.
- About 3 years of solid experience in testing Web 2.0/Call Center/Agency applications of property and casualty insurance domain.
- Expert level skills in creating and maintaining Regression test scripts for Web 2.0,Intranet,back end and client - server applications using QTP.Very good understanding of Java,Selenium,TestNG,Python.
- Over three years of software development experience using VB and VB.Net. Strong database design, SQL and UI design skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi task in a fast paced environment. Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills. Proactive, detailed and Quality oriented.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
Test Tools: Mercury QTP/QC, Selenium, TestNG, Win runner, Load Runner
Languages: VB, VB.Net, ADO.Net, ASP.Net, Java Script, Crystal Reports, VB, DHTML,XML XSLT, CSS, SOAP UI, PERL, Python, Webservices, WSDL, Shell S
Dev Frameworks: Spring, Struts, Hibernate
Dev Tools: MS Visual Studio, Toad, MS Office, MS Visio
Dev Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, Sprint
Database & OS: MS Windows, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8i, MS SQL 2002, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, UNIX, Linux
Middleware: Microsoft IIS, Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache JMS, AWS Cloud
Environment: Mercury QTP/QC, Selenium, MS Office, MySQL,SOAP UI, Apache Tomcat, AWS, EC2, Agile/SCRUM,LINUX
- Analyzed business and system requirements, created detailed test plans specifically for Partner Call Centers, Agencies and Web 2.0 applications.
- Created traceability matrix mapping the requirements to the test cases in QC, to ensure 100% test coverage
- Actively participated in requirements analysis, test plan, test approach, test strategy and test case review meetings.
- Generated test case execution reports through Quality center.
- Developed automated test scripts for Regression testing using QTP.
- Developed repository of complex SQL queries for database and Back-end testing.
- Performed Smoke testing after every build, to ensure proper functionality of the application.
- Periodically interacted with Project Manger and clarified on the important functionalities and end to end scenarios in the application for functional testing.
- Coordinated and managed testing processes including, Regression, Integration, System and User acceptance testing for the successful delivery of the project on schedule.
Environment: Mercury QTP/ QC, Dot Net, MS Office, MSSQL Server, IIS, Agile/SCRUM
- Developed comprehensive test plan, test strategy and test approach based on the business scenarios of Web 2.0, Call Center and Agency applications.
- Generated weekly Status Reports to the team manager & participated in weekly status meetings with Team members, Team manager, Business analysts & Technical team.
- Performed boundary value analysis and ad-hoc testing.
- Performed Regression testing using automated VB script after every bug fix.
- Created defects for the appropriate test cases, assigned a priority based on the severity of the defect and logged them under Defect module of the Quality Center.