- Experience working within multiple industries including Higher ; Entertainment\Hospitality; Financial; Gaming; Pharmaceutical; Manufacturing; Insurance; Telecommunications
- Identify and evaluate new technology, tools and products for Business Intelligence and Decision Support Solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, good analytical, problem solving skills and out of the box thinking
- Managing and Hands - on development of Business Intelligence reporting(Visualization, Distribution, Maintenance)
- Working with and knowledge of Big Data, Business Objects, VBA, JAVA, Tableau
- Extract Transform and Load(ETL) data into data warehouse(BODS, Datastage)
- Work within multiple methodologies including (SDLC) Software Development LifeCycle
- Manage internal and offshore consultants in order to maintain database repository
- Establishing guidelines(Documentation) and gather requirements needed for tasks.
Software Applications: SAP BO Applications(WEBI, BEx, DESKI, Explorer, CMC..), ETL(Datastage, BODS, SSIS), APOS, Tableau, Eclipse, JIRA, ASP\JSP, SDK, Shell, PL-SQL, Powerbuilder, VBA, SAP (ABAP, SapScript, BASIS), C, SQL, Java, SAS, DDL
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Informix, Sybase, DB2, MS Access
Operating Systems/Servers: Linux, UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX & AIX), Windows (multiple platforms), Safeboot Security Boot, Putty, IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic
Tools: 360+, SSMS, APOS, Toad, SQL Analyzer, Teradata Client, SQL Navigator, MS Access, Shell Scripting(vi, awk, sed),Telnet, LoadRunner, Service Now, Microsoft Suite of tools (including Word, Project & Excel).
Confidential, Orlando, FL
BI Data Analyst\Developer
- Setup and Manage User Security and Groups on accessing environments (BO 6.x through 4.x).
- Universe design\maintenance; development of reports based on needs and requirements
- Migrate reports and Universes to multiple platforms along with assist to implement and support BI tools (Business Objects suite
- Manage and maintain the database connectivity, including regularly evaluating datasets working heavily with SQL coding for troubleshooting and performance tuning database. Databases use includes Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Informix and Teradata. SQL engines include SSMS, TOAD, SQL Analyzer and SQL Assistant.
- Data Mining within Photopass RDBMS system for reporting purposes
- Performing data quality tasks on information transmitted and received from outside vendors.
- Implement the department s continuous improvement initiatives to upgrade processes, systems, and reporting using Business Objects.
- Prepare documentation for development tracking and internal users.
- Gathering requirements from department heads to implement reporting solutions using WEBI, Lumira and Tableau.
- Work within Service Now ticketing and follow up accordingly
BI Data Analyst\Developer
Environment: Business Objects(Admin, Universe, Reporting(Webi, Data Visualization: Explorer & Tableau), APOS. SQL Server, SSMS, SSIS
- Using these tools perform upgrade of SAP BO to version(4.2 sp3) and apply patch accordingly.
- Maintain User Security access for all users(between )
- Gather data requirements and maintain reports using SQL Server database along with SSIS ETL for building and maintaining datawarehouse.
- Work with APOS tool in order to set up massive busting of thousands of emails as needed.
- Work within technical and business team in order to develop new BI Model
BI SAP BO Developer
- I used my SAP background with SD and other components in order to deliver what was requested
- I developed Universes and Reports using SAP BW brought into a Datawarehouse by ETL(BODS) management tools
- Including Data Visualization using Explorer along with Universe support
- I documented areas of reporting and application as needed to assist the Business Analysts
Senior Business Intelligence SAP BO and ETL Administrator\Developer
- Focus on the development of solution approaches and designs for projects using BI Tools including Business Objects 4.0 suite(WEBI, Rich Client, Designer(UDT; IDT), Publisher Import Wizard and CMC).
- Using ETL(Datastage); leverage the information available in order to create and maintain database(DB2) tables used within Universes(datamarts).
- Design and Develop reports and dashboards using WEBI & Rich Client using BO suite. Reports created; range from simple to complex using multiple universes. Set up Scheduling of reports to groups of users. Use CMC in order to obtain latest reports\universes within BIAR files and implementing them onto multiple systems for continued development as needed.
- Discuss technical concepts, issues and ideas with technology and business stakeholders by initiating collaborative discussions, and presentations.
- Perform ASP maintenance as needed for use within WEBI application
Confidential, Plainview, NY
Senior Business Intelligence Business Objects and ETL Administrator\Developer
- Using Business Objects XIR3 and suite of applications I was in charge of BI environment.
- Using SAP BODS as the ETL application I developed and maintained the datawarehouse(Oracle).
- I also used TOAD (SQL Generator) in order to troubleshoot and\or create SQL Queries on an as needed basis.
- Adhoc, and Canned reports were developed using WEBI, Rich Client. They ranged in complexity from simple, crosstabs and visualization dashboards. Reports were also scheduled and bursted to individuals and\or groups.
- Development of Data Visualization reporting was completed and maintained using: Polestar Explorer and Xcelsius. Assist Administrator in the support and maintenance of users, servers and application suite including the use of Universe Designer, Import Wizard and CMC.
- Hold seminars in order to educate department users on reporting using WEBI as well as the Visualization tool: Explorer
- Maintain documentation for universes and reports used by the users in order to better understand
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Intelligence Consultant
- Administer and Development using Business Objects and its suite of applications including Universe Designer, Import Wizard, CMC along with Data Services(ETL).
- Conduct detailed assessment of current data warehouse and reporting infrastructure and define reporting and analytic needs of the College.
- Work with IT personnel and department directors defining requirements and implement solutions.
- Using Business Objects Webi, Rich Client and Polestar Explorer to build and implement visualization dashboards in order to support College strategic planning. Develop presentations and reports that translate complex information into clear communication for users.
- Conduct seminars to empower campus community on the utilization of BI and data visualization tool(Explorer).
- Develop documentation library for internally educating departmental personnel.
Confidential, New York, NY
BI Developer Consultant
- Meet with user teams to discuss and gather requirements
- Successfully implement new or enhanced Analytics for Global Securities Lending team.
- Develop data marts(Universes) for report development and create reports as recommended
- Maintenance of reports as outlined by changes in requirements\needs
- Work with DBAs on table\index creation using SQL Server as Database
- Develop supporting documentation adhered to on stringent bankruptcy laws
Confidential, Radnor, PA
Business Analyst Consultant
- Provide leadership direction for team members and Interface directly with Human Resources on report requirements, status on day to day and cycle (bi-monthly) processing activities.
- Identify and improve performance, stability or functionality of existing reports including working with Database(Oracle) team
- Maintain User Security environment through BI area using Business Objects security modules
- Develop\maintain ASP pages for use with WEBI interface into BO reporting application.
- Perform JSP maintenance as needed for use within WEBI application
- Work on migration to new release of Business Objects XI R2 from original 6.5 version. Test out new version and work on plan of action for implementation\migration.
Confidential, Horsham, Pennsylvania
Business Intelligence \ Datawarehouse Consultant
- Migration of new business units of current BI environment
- Oversee application environments(Development - Production of Business Objects 6.5 including Dashboards)
- Work in UNIX environment running scripts and applications
- Work with DBA group in support of databases. These include Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Create\Maintain documentation and Train departmental users on BI Tools.
Datawarehouse \ Applications Engineering Consultant
- Work with multiple teams to create\maintain in-house reports\applications using Business Objects.
- Develop and Schedule Shell scripts to perform system wide tasks.
- Work alongside DBAs and UNIX Administrators in order to maintain UNIX servers and fine-tune their databases
- Set up Disaster Recovery for Business Intelligence platform.
- Upgrade and apply ‘Hotfixs’ to BI Application as needed
- Document Standardized method of development and System Environments.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Sr. Technical Advisory Analyst
- Business Objects and Platinum Reports(Batch Reporting)
- Upgrade and deploy versions and maintain users\groups security
- Created and maintained datamarts\universes
- Create and deploy an automated in-house Report Email Distributor(similar to BCA Publisher).
- Created Adhoc reports as needed as well as created and maintained departmental reports.
- SAP Implementation.
- BASIS (1 of 3 basis users - Certified)
- ABAP Programming(Certified), both creation of new code and modifying existing programs
- SAP Sapscripting Language to create and maintain report layouts
- Maintenance of data-warehouses by way of PL/SQL and an ETL package called ACTA. Stored procedures were written and maintained in Oracle using PL/SQL.
- Daily creation and maintenance of UNIX scripts running on servers via cron jobs.
- Participated in weekly production planning meetings with Senior Development Staff in order to schedule and track IT tasks for the departments.
- Documented and held seminars for both internal and external users.