Dynamic and outcome - oriented executive leveraging 19 years in progressively responsible leadership roles to provide sales leadership and drive revenue growth in any business environment. Versatile financial manager with the business acumen to reliably conduct budgeting, reporting, forecasting and planning. Adept at creating and directing staff development initiatives that elevate performance and lead to new business development. Demonstrated track record of in sales leadership and management in the fields of oil and energy, alternative fuels and media sales. Recognized for expertise integrating disparate business cultures in support of M&A. Superior Sales Director with the verbal skillset to translate complicated concepts into language that lay audiences understand. Consistently attains sales goals, comfortable interfacing and communicating with diverse audiences. Team leader who implements strategic business objectives, identifies benchmarks and delivers results.
Sales Leadership, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Account Management, Marketing, Benchmarking, Product Launch, Forecasting, Budgeting, Financial Planning, Consultative Sales,, Proposal Process, Contract Negotiation
Confidential, Saratoga Springs, NY
Vice President of Business Development
- Responsible for development and execution of company sales and marketing plans including implementation of new ideas and tools aimed at increased branding and company growth. Development and oversight of business relationships with international companies as well as government agencies.
- Negotiation and securing contracts with strategic partners as well as logistics companies and owners of heavy-duty fleets to aid in long-term sustainability plan.
- Management and responsibility for the all proposals related to the RFQ and RFP process.
- Well versed in the fields of oil and energy, alternative fuels, Confidential heavy duty trucking, Confidential storage systems and Confidential Infrastructure
- Created marketing campaign as well as marketing materials, presentations and public relations campaigns
- Complete overhaul of website and social media campaign
- Furthered relationship with Confidential and worked one on one to research and develop strategy
- Secured relationship with Confidential logistics as one of their approved infrastructure providers
- Train and implemented a compressed natural gas strategy for the Confidential division of DEB which included 170 sales professionals domestically
Confidential, Albany, NY
Regional Market Director
- Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day business operations, planning and management in a market with declining revenues.
- Conceive and develop core operating plans and deployment strategies.
- Identify key market trends and uncover client needs to capture new business.
- Perform ongoing budgeting, forecasting and complex fiscal planning.
- Lead recruiting, hiring and employee reviews.
- Craft innovative initiatives, structure individual compensation packages and implement dynamic staff development programs across the sales team.
- Recruited, trained and developed 2 future sales managers and 3 Sales trainers
- Consistent top performer in new business productivity
- Progressively built digital business to $1,266,248 with 20% + growth year over year
- Consistently performed 5% above company renewal average year after year. This was during a time of economic downfall.
- Successfully launched new products/initiatives to marketplace including magazines, direct mail, community mailers, merchant services, and online stores.
- Maintained a mastery level of digital knowledge and applied to reps to assist in skill development
Regional Market Director
Confidential, Brunswick, GA
- Lauded for effective leadership in post-acquisition territory that suffered significant personal and revenue loss.
- Was responsible for the direct comprehensive transition of a newly acquired company in a hostile environment.
- Successfully turned markets suffering from revenue loss and poor operational plans into profitable markets.
- Planned and launched multiple new markets in Florida.
- Created and directed full-scope onboarding program for all Sales Representatives, identified weaknesses in existing sales practices and strategies and hired new staff.
- Developed operating plan and carried out long-range sales forecasting, analysis and budgeting.
- Recruited, trained and developed 7 future sales managers and 6 Sales trainers
- Hired and continuously coached and mentored 8 direct reports and a sales force of 70
- Launched new markets yielding $2.1m in new revenues
- Turned 16 struggling markets into profitable regions yielding revenue gains
- Represented the company in multiple lawsuits resulting from market acquisitions disputes
District Sales Manager
Confidential, Plattsburgh, NY
- Provided general sales leadership while proactively managing team of extremely successful sales professionals.
- Developed standard operating procedures (SOPs) and extensive curricula targeting specific sales skills in support of strategic company goals.
- Coached all employees to set and accomplish aggressive revenue goals.
- Effectively supervised and directed broad-spectrum sales efforts across the North Country.
- Developed and supervised a traveling sales force that specialized in loss prevention.
- Hired and continuously coached and mentored 8 sales representatives
- Traveled to markets for loss prevention efforts while remotely driving local sales results
- Recruited, trained and developed 2 future sales managers and 2 sales trainers.
- Saved over $400,000+ in revenues yearly with loss prevention team