- An accomplished executive seeking a new professional challenge; offering specialties in technology visioning within the financial industry, executive leadership talents, project management skills and the ability to tactfully engage stakeholders, end - users and clients.
- Change catalyst offering superb qualifications in all facets of IT systems management, procedure development and budget planning.
- Proven track record of successfully deploying critical programs/applications through the application of best practices and proven ITIL methods.
- Consistently delivers high-impact results, with a focus on alignment with company directives and goals.
- In-depth knowledge of government regulations and Confidential standards - ensures compliance.
- Guides direct reports and IT teams, with a knack for instilling a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Ability to gain consensus amongst personnel, including senior and C level management.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
Global IT Delivery Project Management Enterprise Systems Planning/Integration Global Site Deployments Data Center Management Infrastructure Deployment Vendor Relations Business Continuity/Security Management Budget Planning/Management Strategic & Executive Leadership Global Staff Development/Management Team Building Mobility
Windows Server 2008/2012 | Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 | Microsoft Office Suites | Microsoft SQL | VM Ware BlackBerry |Citrix | RSA | Bluecoat | Checkpoint | SAN (HP) | EMC | Sonicwall | Mac | Bloomberg Pertrac | QuickBooks | Salesforce | PMP
Executive Director of IT
- Provided leadership and management of day-to-day Technology Operations Group responsible for Systems and Server Hardware and Software, Data Centers, Networks, Telephony, Systems Administration and Engineering, Storage, Databases, Disaster Recovery, Security and Compliance
- Led the strategic planning across the department to align company C-Level goals from the top down & bottom up. Led innovation across various technology stacks to engineer the goal of Highly Available Data Centers
- Lead talented group of 14 Confidential engineers, developers, and project managers with the appropriate skillsets to execute on their functional responsibilities. This resulted in successful release of multiple applications and reduction of firm-wide production outages, risk mitigation and documented and structured approaches to troubleshooting and support of infrastructure and software applications
- Provided advanced technical knowledge and analysis of various system platforms and technologies including virtualization, storage, monitoring, web, desktop applications, database, reporting, and messaging platforms
- Administered and responsible for operational budget amounting to $2.5M annually as well as a project budget of up to $6M - initiated several cost-avoidance strategies including vendor consolidation and streamlining to realizing a 10 to 15% reduction in IT expenses annually
- Negotiated and finalized contracts with vendors and providers in order to secure cost and lower rates at times of contract renewal and to establish strong SLA’s to ensure delivery of products or services
- Logistics - responsible for scheduling/coordination and on time delivery of all NY projects from IT network/software projects, Data Center build outs, and 3 office relocations
- Responsible for all IT procurement and inventory control to manage technology assets
- Perform advanced IT Architecture and Engineering work.
- US lead for Confidential Global Infrastructure team.
- Proactively maintain/troubleshoot infrastructure to avoid unplanned failure and/or obsolescence
- Manage the day-to-to operational activities related to in-house IT support and 3rd party vendors
- Outlined a 5-year plan iterative plan that encompassed upgrades to technology, hardware and software that would net savings and reduce IT-related capital expenditures
- Business Information Security Officer - responsible for reviewing and granting request from Global Users for access to any data residing on US Data Center within scope of US and Swiss regulations
- Assist Confidential Global Technology Group on technical considerations when designing, proposing, and implementing solutions for multi-site global network infrastructure
- At the helm of high-stakes, critical projects including:
- The development and implementation of multiple applications including Risk & Portfolio Management tools and Client Reporting Applications
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware in accordance with Confidential global policies to accommodate US and Swiss regulations
- At the helm of 3 major system moves and upgrades in NYC to multiple locations from hosted and onsite solutions including vetting all site vendors and requirements.
- Aided SMEs with all their IT needs - gathered requirements and planned, executed and finalized projects
- Diagnosed and resolved network and user issues while maximizing network performance through network design and configuration
- Created, documented and tested procedures - modified network operating systems as necessary
- Lead projects created for assigned clients
- Assisted clients in projecting IT budgets then managed given for projects and procurement
Senior Systems Administrator
- Monitored, managed, and maintained Windows network environment including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2003, Citrix, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Lefthand SAN Systems with Confidential and Confidential BackUp Exec
- Responsible for restructure, migration and upgrade projects which includes deployment of HP Blade Systems, Cisco switching infrastructure, workstation upgrade, software migration, data reallocation
- Handled all procurement needs, including the purchasing of communication devices
Network Engineer, Help Desk Support
Confidential, Greenwich, CT
- Monitor and maintain and troubleshoot Windows 2003 network environment that extends to the UK
- Maintained Bloomberg and Reuters systems and resolved user issues
Director of IT
- Directly responsible for the design and implementation of multi-site network infrastructure covering 4 locations
- Responsible for moving to a Hosted VOIP system to help reduce costs in telephone expenses by 50%. Lead the design, structure, and deployment of systems and used new technology to also reduce and maximize overall marketing budget.
- Day to day monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Windows network, Local/Wide Area Networks, hosted VOIP systems, mobility devices to include Blackberry, Palm, and Goodlink software
- Managing of IT support staff (3) including outside consultants also to include project planning and scheduling
- Providing Tier 1and 2 help desk and desktop support to 4 offices with 285 network users as well as provide software training for agents and staff members
- Design, authored, implemented, and validated disaster recovery plan
Confidential, New York, NY
Executive Director of IT
- Accountable for all technology visioning/planning activities that affected more than 110 end-users, hardware/software procurement, Project Management, and IT budget management for flagship office.
- Ensured alignment with global company policies.