My perspective on integration and security has been sharpened by 20+ years’ experience in the field of EAI, MFT and EDI. I have lead software selection efforts, designed and deployed secure Managed File Transfer, B2B gateway, EDI, and EAI infrastructures for some of the largest, most - demanding global and start-up enterprises in financial services, travel, government and supply chain/logistics.
Core strengths: Development of competitive MFT/EAI/B2B technical approaches and key differentiators for on premise and Cloud deployments. Integration of MFT, EDI and EAI solutions to meet strategic objectives. Extensive experience in systems integration development life cycle.
Industry experience includes application infrastructure provider, aviation, hosted services, system integrators, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, financial and government.
Technical areas include middleware products, MFT Solutions, EDI/XML standards, EDI translators, communications, programming, database technology and data modeling (detailed list on separate page).
Middleware Products: TIBCO; IBM MQ Series, Webmethods
EDI/XML Standards: ANSI X12 (NWDA, VICS & ASAP), EDIFACT, TDCC, UCS, Rosetta Net, HIPPA, CXML & SAPIDOCs
Web Service API’s: SOAP and REST
Transactions: 204, 210, 211, 215, 270, 271, 277, 310, 352, 354, 355, 810, 811, 820, 823, 824, 830, 832, 834, 835, 837, 840, 841, 842, 843, 846, 850, 855, 856, 860, 862, 869, 870, 997, 999
EDI Translators: MessageWay (UNIX/Linux), Inovis TLE(UNIX), Premenos (EDI/400), Sterling Gentran (IBM 3090), Sterling Director (Windows NT), Sterling Gentran Server(UNIX), Mercator, Tie Commerce eVision, Tie spEDIMap, Data Junction (NT & Solaris), XML Spy, Contivo Analyst
MFT: EDIINT (Cyclone/Templar), SuperTracks 4.3.1, Connect Enterprise,Connect Direct, Asynchronous, Bi-synchronous Protocols, FTP/PGP, SFTP, FTP/S, HTTP/S, Confidential MoveIT DMZ, MoveIT Central, WS-FTP and MessageWay
Value Added Networks (VAN/Cloud): Sterling, GXS, Liasion, SPS Commerce
Programming Languages: JCL, RPG, SQL, Java, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl
Database Technology: Oracle, MySQL & MS SQL
Data Modeling: Fabulous Force DB Designer, Erwin & Rational Rose
Operating Systems: IBM mainframe MVS/CICS/TSO, Windows, UNIX, Confidential Solaris, Red Hat Linux, IBM AS/400 & VAX
Confidential, Lexington, MA
Senior Solution Architect
- Primary responsibilities are to support the Enterprise sales team in understanding Client requirements, developing solution definitions, demonstrating the technical capabilities of the software and translate capabilities into a value based proposal.
- My technical product knowledge coupled with my business process and industry knowledge gives me the ability to support the Sales Team in leading clients through the entire sales process.
- My role requires a solutions-focused approach that includes leading in-depth needs analysis, presenting technical presentations, demonstrating both B2B, MFT and EAI product capabilities, responding to RFI/RFPs, leading proof-of-technology workshops, and leading proof-of-concept projects.
- I am also responsible for developing and presenting solution designs, private vs. public cloud deployment options, competitive differentiators, and value propositions to the client’s senior IT and business management teams.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
EDI Consultant/Team Lead
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of MessageWay in Production, Disaster Recovery, QA and Test environments.
- Re-architected application processes to eliminate legacy data extraction and file transfer methods.
- Developed functional templates that highlighted MessageWay features and streamlined internal processes.
- Setup translation maps to convert various HIPPA related data to and from XML, X12 (270, 271, 276,2 77, 834, 835, 837) and flat file formats.
- Conduct presentations for IT Executive Management, Developers and Business Units that highlighted MessageWay Strategic and Tactical capabilities.
- Identified areas in the IT Organization where the deployment of MessageWay will and has created efficiencies and reduced costs.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Senior Consultant/Program Manager
- Drove, directed, and managed complex business critical enterprise programs for high visibility customers like Weyerhaueuser and International Paper.
- Helped design interfaces between SAP’s IDOC formats for multiple business transactions to Weyerhaeuser’s XML based canonical models for the OTC(Order To Cash) process using Contivo Analyst.
- Also defined and expectations and program deliverables as set forth in the Statement of Work (SOW) to ensure customer satisfaction with successful delivery of project deliverables.
- Assessed risks and mitigated issues.
- Held accountable for delivery quality and customer satisfaction upon program “Go-Lives”.
- Ensured customer-facing programs were adequately staffed and delivered.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
EDI Architect/Technical Lead
- Architected a high-availability B2B gateway with geographic fail-over POC, which was successfully tested at Confidential.
- Developed and implemented transactions later adopted by the UPU, a specialized United Nations institution that regulates over 200 member postal organizations worldwide.
- Contributed to a $1.5 million annual cost reduction by leading consolidation of three EDI organizations, each with its own EDI translators, into one organization with one translator MessageWay.
- Removed the need for 20 dedicated T1 circuits and eliminated the associated hardware and software costs for maintaining the Mail Relay Host (MRH) by re-engineering and converting the MRH to an EDIINT (Cyclone) solution.
- Provided the ability to track mail while paying carriers based on delivery performance, which resulted in overall delivery performance improvement from 85% to 98%.
- Developed and designed EDI infrastructure and transaction maps that supported Pay for Performance and Mail Tracking initiatives for domestic and international carriers.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Product Development Manager; EAI Architect/Technical Lead
- Architected and built a revenue-generating, fully scalable, fault-tolerant B2B integration hub, XUMA Data Gateway, this was used to integrate distributed eBusiness applications to customers’ remote back-end systems (including SAP and Oracle) and partner systems.
- Directed activities focused on building common eBusiness components, functions and services to be leveraged across multiple customers’ sites, with services that included UPS, FedEx and USPS.
- Led the Whitehorse EAI project team that enabled the company to reuse various eBusiness features and functions integrated to the Tibco bus, which resulted in drastically reduced development time and costs.
- Evaluated and selected an EAI software vendor, collaborated with senior management to set and define corporate strategies, and worked closely with engineers to address specific problems.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Senior EDI Consultant-Service Partner
- Provided consulting services, education and training for the company’s IBM and NT-based family of products.
- Served frequently as lead consultant on site, delivering consulting services for EC and EDI functions, from training to product installations.