- 5 Yrs. Experience in Data - Warehousing, Report Development, and Requirements Gathering.
- Strong domain knowledge of Portfolio Performance Measurement and Attribution, Debt/Equity Securities, Stock Exchange Operations, Trading Systems and Online Banking.
- Experienced in Working with Clients to understand business processes and requirements and Acting as a Liaison between clients and multiple project teams to ensure requirements are correctly conveyed and project objectives are achieved.
- Experience in Analyzing and Documenting Business Requirements and System Functional Specifications using UML diagrams, Use-Case diagrams, Class diagrams, Activity diagrams and Process-Flow diagrams. Experience with Erwin, Rational suite, and Visio.
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Data Reconciliation and Data Modeling; Strong understanding of Data Warehouse Cycle, Hands-on experience with data warehousing tools like Business Objects, SSRS/SSIS, and ETL tool Informatica.
Datawarehousing Tools: SAP-Business Objects 6.1, Informatica Powercenter 8.6, SSIS 2005, SSRS 2005
Languages: Java/ JSP, C/C++, C#, VB .Net, VB Script, SQL, PL-SQL, T-SQL, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XML/XHTML
Testing Frameworks: JUnit, QTP, Mercury Quality Center
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server 2005, DB2
Software: IBM Rational Suite, Visio 2005, AIM 3.0, SQL Developer, Toad, WEKA, Visual Studio 2010, MS Project, Microsoft Office, OpsWise
Application Server: Microsoft IIS, Web Logic, WebSphere, Microsoft Server, Windows NT
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, UNIX
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Was a Single Point Contact for all Client Interactions to understand business requirements and provide innovative solutions.
- Interacted with various stakeholders including client-side business analysts, ESP and IRD Java team, Oracle database administrator team to help everyone understand business and technical requirements and provide optimal design solutions.
- Coordinated with upstream and downstream data teams to ensure a smooth channel of communication between related groups.
- Extensively used SQL/PL-SQL to Create Datamarts by extracting relevant data from client’s transaction, valuation, asset classification and performance databases using proprietary ESP platform.
- Developed 100+ Datamarts and Reports for various clients including Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Alliance Bernstein and FNC Asset Management (London) by analyzing business requirements.
- Built datamarts and the reports as per client specifications to analyze cash balances and portfolio holdings based on various Asset Classification Schemas, and Transaction, Valuation & Net Investment Summaries, Cash Movement Analysis, Emerging Market Pool Sales, using ESP platform and Proprietary Java/JSP Based Reporting Tool (IRD).
- Provided Java-based Solutions to Improve Performance of reports that required more complex solutions.
- Increased report performance by about 50%. Optimized the metamodel by implementing normalization concepts by creating plug in marts in java and using views and stored procedures PL-SQL.
- Worked on performance tuning of SQL queries and views by creating partitions, global indexes and optimizing fetch size.
- Developed a good understanding of Portfolio Performance Measurement and Attribution Techniques, including calculating Account and Portfolio Returns using various Security Classification Schemes and comparing to their Respective Benchmarks/Indices.
- Monitored Data Acquisition and Downstream Processing of Data from multiple sources into the datawarehouse.
- Modified existing Feed Layouts, Validation Rules and Orchestration Rules.
- Involved in the Management and Maintenance of Metamodel for the Datawarehouse storing investment data using SQL.
- Assisted in the investigation, escalation and resolution of data mart issues.
- Interacted with the QA team and helped in the Testing of Metamodel related bugs.
- Provided support to users, reporting groups and other related teams on queries raised on data marts and related reports.
Environment: s Used - SQL/PL-SQL, Oracle 10g, Microsoft Excel 2007, Java, Proprietary Java/JSP based reporting tool
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Technical Business Analyst
- Acted as a Liaison between the Business and Development teams by assisting in identifying, understanding, and developed Business Requirements Documentation (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD)
- Documented System Requirements that supported overall strategy, goals and objectives, and Technical Requirements to help developers.
- Facilitated Working Sessions with developers to understand the Requirements and Use Cases; helped them to gather additional information to Produce Development Design Document.
- Reviewed Existing and Targeted Systems and Conducted Gap Analysis to study the feasibilities of all required upgrade features and user interface enhancements.
- Captured the data requirements into the Data Model by Reverse Engineering the existing code.
- Built a Data Dictionary of all applicable Data Objects and Attributes for both the current and future system for online account access by performing Data Profiling, Data Analysis, and Data Mapping.
- Worked collaboratively with the developers and database administrator to update the data dictionary for the new system.
- Analyzed the detailed functional processes, business logic and data flows of the Enterprise Web Services for Credit Check, Email Confirmation etc.
- Gained a full and accurate understanding of application functionality and business data elements required for Integration of these WebServices with the Envisioned Online System.
- Tracked and documented the Data (Request and Response) from the WebServices into the data model.
- Prepared and analyzed AS IS and TO BE Workflow Scenarios.
- Designed new Process Flows using Visio and documented the business process and various business scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
Environment: Windows, WebSphere, SharePoint, SQL, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Mercury Quality Center, XML, XHTML, Java Development Framework v2.0(JSF 2.0), SOA, DB2, Mainframe
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Data Analyst - Intern
- Involved in the design, development, customization and improvement of Benchmark/Portfolio Performance, Data monitoring and Data Consumption Reports related to all daily trading activities for management and adhoc client requirements using SSRS 2005 (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Involved in development of Dashboards for Performance Snapshot of Trading Activities. Improved the presentation of the performance data using the dashboard. Resulted in better and quick analysis of trade data.
- Involved in the Handling of Production Issues for the different in-house user interfaces.
- Designed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to Extract, Transfer, and Load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server 2005 from different environments. Extracted and reviewed data from OLTP to OLAP using SSIS 2005.
- Integrated and transformed data from different Data Sources like Oracle, Excel, and Flat Files to SQL Server 2005 using OLE DB Connection Providers by creating various SSIS packages.
- Created new database objects like Tables, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in development environment for SQL Server 2005.
- Performed several Transformations and Data Cleansing on data including, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Union All, Merge Join and Check Points/Break Points.
- Built advanced reports using Query, Report Parameters, Filters, Interactive Sorts to generate the trading history reports.
- Implemented Ad-hoc Reporting with the Report Builder for the end users.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data from ODS to destination databases.
- Generated Interactive reports using SSRS as per specifications. Design, develop and manage financial reports using SQL Server Reporting Services by authoring SQL Server Stored Procedures for extracting data from the Data Mart.
- Developed different kind of reports such as Sub Reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked reports. Involved in Query Optimization to increase the performance of the Report.
- Deployed Reports onto Report Server in a Native Mode and as well as onto an Integrated Mode.
- Scheduling Back-End Batch jobs using the Scheduling tool OpsWise.
- Developed solid working knowledge of Equities, Options and Futures and various types of debt securities such as Mortgage/Asset-Backed, Corporates, Treasuries, Sovereign, and High-Yield debt.
Environment: s Used - SQL Server 2005, SSRS / SSIS 2005, OpsWise, SQL, Shell script, and Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Data Analyst - Intern
- Involved in Gathering, Analyzing, and Documenting Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Data Specifications for reports.
- Interacted with Business Users and End Users to know their business views in developing and modifying universes and reports accordingly.
- Involved in the Creation of Adhoc and Canned Reports related to Revenue share, Market share and Capacity share analysis: based on airlines, airport, city, country, region, hubs, itinerary and separate legs for the customers (Airlines).
- Extensively involved in Writing Complex and Nested SQL Queries to Extract Data using free hand SQL statements.
- Extensively used the Designer Module to create classes, objects, measure objects, conditions and joins in the universes.
- Exported the Universes to the Repository in order to make the resources available to the users.
- Generated reports using Business Objects functionalities such as Queries, Slice and Dice, Master/Detail, Crosstab, Drill Down, User Response and Formulae.
- Involved in the testing of reports before sending them to production.
- Worked on various issues with the reports that ranged from missing data to report formatting.
- Scheduled the reports to users in Various Formats like Excel, PDF and Web Document.
Environment: s Used - Business Objects XI R2 (CMC, CMS, Designer, DESKI), Web Intelligence XI, Publishing Wizard, Oracle 9i, SQL*Loader, Windows XP
- Conducted User Interviews with front and middle offices, Gathered Requirements, and Extracted Business Information necessary for developing the reporting system platform.
- Strong domain knowledge of Stock Exchange Operations including Online Trading Systems, Trade Settlement &Clearing Procedures and various order types like Market, Limit, Stop Loss, Day orders, Immediate-or-cancel (IOC) and Minimum Fill (MF) orders.
- Collaborated with data warehouse architects to develop both High-Level and Detailed Application Architecture.
- Involved in the planning and development of data warehouse life cycle extracting data from different Legacy and ERP systems Sybase, SAP CRM, Oracle maintaining different types of information.
- Assisted with data warehouse design and structuring based on a solid understanding of Data Warehouse Structure, Design Lifecycle, OLAP Services, Cubes, and Database Design Schemas including Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Created Mappings in Informatica to Load Data into Data Warehouse (Transient - Staging - Data warehouse). Designed and Implemented Sessions for the mappings using the Task Developer.
- Used Workflow Manager for creating, validating, testing and running the Sequential and Concurrent Batches and Sessions. Monitored workflows in the Workflow Monitor and Resolved Issues in the process using the Session Logs.
- Developed a strong working knowledge of Business Objects 6.1 by generating various types of Daily, Weekly and Ad-hoc Reports of Trading Activities. Created adhoc Customized Reports for clients helping in accurate Price, Position and Index monitoring.
- Created Master/Detail, Cross Tab and Chart reports for Trend Analysis.
- Built Universes with appropriate Joins, Aliases and Aggregate Awareness Tables and built Customized Classes and Objects. Determined the Dimension, Measure and Detail objects and the scope of analysis for all the users.
- Extensively involved in writing Complex and Nested SQL Queries to extract data. Involved in creating Packages, Procedures, Functions & Triggers and also Embedding Dynamic SQL features advanced packages in PL/SQL, which generate Flat Files.
- Used Prompts in Reporter and Universe to create more Interactive Reports for running different kind of comparison reports. Designed universes for ad-hoc reporting capabilities. Performed Drill down, Slice and Dice Operations in Business Objects
Environment: s Used - Informatica Power Center 8.6, Toad, Business Objects 6.1, Oracle 9i, Windows 2000 server, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, and Flat files.