Confidential has been heavily involved in the management, implementation, architecture, and development of technology systems for over twenty five years, and is an experienced industry thought leader in Application Development, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and Information Integration technologies. He brings extensive experience as an experienced leader of combined onshore / offshore development projects. Confidential ’s unique combination of exceptional technical, communication, and leadership abilities set him apart from his peers in the field. He is a leader who is also a hands - on contributor, who feels just as comfortable dealing at the ‘C’ level, as he does with technicians.
O/S: Windows (all Desktop/Server versions), UNIX, LINUX, MAC, DOS, MVS.
Databases: SQL Server (including PDW), Oracle, Sybase, DB2, UDB, Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, SSAS, VertiPaq, Essbase, TM1.
Software: Websphere, SSIS, Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio, DataFlux, SSRS, Business Objects, Cognos, Brio, OBIEE, Qlikview, Tableau, ProClarity, PowerPivot, SharePoint, MDM Stratature, ERWin, ER Studio, MS Visio, XMLSpy, Control M, AutoSys, LDAP, MQSeries, FIX protocol.
Tools: MSMS, BIDS, Visual Studio, Toad, MS Office, MS Project, Clarity, TFS, JIRA, Remedy.
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, XP, PRINCE2, Waterfall, CMMI, RAD, JAD, PMI, UML, ETL, ELT, OLAP, OLTP, SOA, EIB, DW 2.0, DataVault, Inmon, Kimball.
Management Consulting Services Provider
- Established architecture governance processes to ensure that all business groups have insight and input into enterprise architecture processes, thus creating a sense of global ownership.
- Established Virtual Environment for hardware, software, database management, and data integration to facilitate Application Development, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems on PC, Mobile and Cloud platform for Confidential operation systems.
- Evaluated the current state of data management, integration, and distribution across multiple departments and developed a comprehensive strategy and roadmap to integrate information from over 15 systems.
- The new Finance Data Warehouse structure integrated both in-house systems as well as purchased data, and improved delivery of CRM/ERP financial, circulation and subscription information and business intelligence across the organization.
- Managed resources and infrastructure.
ConfidentialSenior DW\BI Manager
- Managed architecture and development of template-based metadata-driven Analytical Framework for variety of information “Slicing and Dicing”, using OLAP.
- Served as “role model” for Team members, delivering complex client-facing REST-based Web applications for different type of exposure on Loan level information, in support of CMBS and RMBS Deals and Bonds legal litigations.
- Coordinated with Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard efforts on introducing SQL Server PDW datewarehouse appliance, that involved hardware configuration, table partitioning and dimesion mapping to distributed and replicated inventory.
- Educated User community on consuming OLAP pivoted information via self-service delivery paradigm.
- Managed delivery of Fixed Income Trading EDW, including MDM and Data repositories, to identify and document similar counterparties across multiple trading systems in a counterparty repository, which had been used for CMBS, RMBS, ABS, CDO trade history enrichment.
- Architected and implemented MS SharePoint 2010 Web Portal, which provided centralized information source for the data models, data maps, processes, documents, contact lists, project calendars and issues.
ConfidentialSenior DW\BI Manager
- Managed expansion of the Hedge Fund-of-Fund Portfolio Administration and Management Software Product “ Confidential ” into analytical landscape.
- Directed a phased implementation of the Microsoft SQL Server R2 architectural roadmap and released incremental functionality to the business, gaining new insights into the data, facilitating refinement of information for analytics which were needed thus maintaining user buy-in and forward implementation momentum.
- Set up a team of experts to engineer the Web mobile solution and provide ongoing development, QA and enhancement support.
- Conducted evaluation of the SQL Server PDW using Microsoft’ s Data Center Lab in Aliso Viejo.
- This include setting up a landscape for datawarehouse appliance implementation for the ETL process of 1 Tb of data a day.
- Served as a mentor, coach, and career development manager for both employees and contractors, gaining the confidence of the team resulting in retention and improved productivity with teamwork. Trained less experienced developers in multiple application, database and technology areas.
- Responsible for budget planning and forecasting, resource allocation, vendor management for a complex Data Warehouse development Program.
ConfidentialSenior DW\BI Manager
- Conducted hardware and software evaluations, designed the data architecture and models for al, Publishing, Ecommerce applications, incorporating business intelligence, ETL toolset, C#/Java software/hardware stack and recruited the high quality implementation third-party vendors teams.
- Released incremental functionality to the business to keep the business community engaged, gain new insights into the data, refine unclear business rules, and maintain forward project momentum.
- Implemented standardized framework for Web-based high-volume system development to gain efficiencies through a consistent SDLC/AGILE development methodology, quality improvement, data governance, and operational excellence.
- Performed an assessment of the value provided by the offshore service provider and worked with leadership to determine the appropriate onshore/offshore mix going forward.
- Served as a mentor, coach, and career development manager for 45 full-time and contract employees resulting in retention and improved productivity.
ConfidentialSenior DW\BI Manager
- Supervised a MS.NET SOAP WS Core Components Team of approximately 20 resources including the establishment, staffing, and management project team of offshore/onshore developers, who performed routine coding and unit testing.
- Integrated onshore and offshore teams to develop close ties between team members and encouraged open communication on both sides to ensure that questions and issues were resolved as quickly as possible.
- Reorganized work schedules to maximize uptime for both onshore and offshore teams and ensure on-time delivery of project milestones.
- Evaluated the current state of master and data management, integration, and distribution across multiple departments and developed a comprehensive strategy and roadmap to integrate information from over 60 systems.
- Delivered project on-time and on-budget with full end-user suppor.
- That improved data quality and availability while reducing overall costs by $5M per year, and the project team was retained by client after project conclusion to deliver additional system updates and enhancements.
Senior DW\BI Manager
- Resolved complex integration issues, identified and corrected significant architectural flaws, introduced a development framework, ETL toolset for data integration and re-aligned the implementation for IT team.
- As a result, the client's perception of project direction was greatly improved and project was delivered as planned.
- Directed and implemented a full virtual environment enabling application virtualization, resulted in much faster provisioning of hardware to meet increased demands of the business community.
- Guided modeling of Conceptual, Logical and Physical OLTP and OLAP DB schemas using ER/Studio toolset.
- Proposed CRM/EDW/BI n-tier systems architecture for high-volume Web content delivery assets, which added significant value to marketing efforts by enabling the business to scientifically find and strategically market to prospects as well as core customer base, perform accurate customer profitability analyses, effectively cross-sell and up-sell products to existing customers, perform retention and churn analysis, and effectively manage information flow to and from the advertisement network.
Delivery Manager and Chief Architect
- This re-architecture also implemented the necessary upgrades for Confidential -UX, Oracle, and Informatica, reengineered and tuned the ETL processes, integrated and automated quality assurance processes, established enterprise service level agreements, and gained significant efficiencies through automation reducing the month-end process from 5 days to 1 day.
- The project improved system performance and reliability, and the new system enabled the business to realize the full value of its information through informed, successful, cost-efficient and high-impact business decisions, made by users who can trust the reliability of the information provided.
- Managed Product architecture, client relationship and deployment of the MBS, CMBS, CDO, ABCP Systems
- Wrote business requirements to be used for business sign off and an input to functional requirements/design.
- Produce business use cases to supplement business requirements. Liaise with developers to assess fitness of technical design.
- Participate in Deal Structuring, defining characteristics of deals including bond principal and interest payments, credit enhancement, hedging instruments, fees and the waterfall using ABS/MBS Suite software.
- Conducted workflow and process analysis, identified areas for automation of manual processes and documented them through Use Cases, Sequence and State diagrams. Employed brainstorming, JAD sessions and idea generation techniques to elicit and prioritize requirements.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodology to create Use Cases, Sequence and State diagrams using MS Visio.