- Over 10+ years of industry experience in architecting data - related solutions, developing data warehouses, developing ELT/ETL jobs, Performance tuning and identifying bottlenecks in the process flow.
- ODI: 5+ years of extensive DW experience using Oracle Data Integrator, Configured and setup ODI, Master Repository, Work Repository, Projects, Models, Sources, Targets, Packages, Knowledge Modules, Interfaces, Scenarios, Filters, Condition, Metadata.
- Data Modeling: 2 years of Data Modeling experience using Dimensional Data modeling, Star Join Schema modeling, Snow-Flake modeling experience using Normalization, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Extensively worked with large Databases in Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Strong knowledge on OBIEE and Oracle Pl/SQL
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing, Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, star and snowflake schema modeling.
- Thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with deep understanding of various phases like Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing
- Analyzed the Business requirement for Oracle Data Integrator and mapped the architecture and used ODI for reverse engineering to retrieve metadata from data storage and load it to the repository.
- Used Oracle Data Integrator Designer (ODI) to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) reduce the dependency on Excel and other proprietary tools for data entry and reporting, and provide property and department level budgeting/forecasting so as to produce a consolidated budget and forecast.
- Expert in installing and configuring the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) software tool in a three-tier environment and performing periodic upgrades, performing source-to-target mappings, storage capacity planning, developing ETL.
- Specialized in developing stored procedures, functions, packages and database triggers using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL to improve query performance.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, highly motivated team- player with excellent communication / problem-solving skills. Quick learning ability vis-à-vis new technology
- Hands on experience on Big Data (HIVE,PIG), Tableau
ETL Tools: Oracle Data Integrator.(ODI 11g)
BI Tools: OBIEE, Cognos reporting tool
RDBMS: Oracle 11i/10g/9.x/8.x, SQL Server 2005,MS Access
Languages/Scripting: SQL, PL/ SQL,UNIX Shell Scripting
Operating Systems: UNIX/LINUX, MS-DOS, Windows NT/2000/XP
Design / Application Tools: Microsoft Visio (Visio Soft Diagram), TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL Developer etc.
BI/DW (ODI) Consultant
- Created ODI jobs to replicate the existing process of Shell scripts and SQL scripts Created ODI Interfaces with simple to complex transformation rules while migrating from Source to the target
- Created ODI Package of various complexity and automated process data flow
- Configured the testing environment and process to export and Import ODI Objects into the Testing and Production (Execution) environment
- Performed source to Staging and staging to target mapping specifications and developed ETL / ELT ODI code for the same.
- Created Topology connection for reading xml logs and writing into oracle db.
- Created ODI Interfaces for reading data from xml using external properties and loaded into staging table.
- Created ODI Interfaces to load data into ODS for downstream systems.
- Created ODI Interfaces to load data into dimension and fact tables for traffic and billing data mart.
- Used IKM, LKM, JKM & CKM knowledge modules to create ODI Jobs for data loading.
- Created packages and it’s scenario to automate loading jobs.
- Created Shell scripts to archive source files in the server
- Used ODI to build performance data integration solutions including extraction, transformation and load packages for data warehousing. Extracted data from the XML file and loaded it into the database.
- Used principles of Normalization to improve the performance. Involved in ETL code using PL/SQL in order to meet requirements for Extract, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target data structures.
- Developed Advance PL/SQL packages, procedures, triggers, functions, Indexes and Collections to implement business logic using SQL Navigator.
Confidential, Clearwater, FL
Senior ODI Developer
- Asses the system requirement for Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) software Installation as per Oracle guidance.
- Gathered ELT requirements from Business team and designed its high level documents.
- Installed and configured the Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) software tool in a three-tier environment and performing periodic upgrades, performing source-to-target mappings.
- Created Master/Work repositories, Physical/Logical schemas, Agents, and Context into ODI Topology Manager Tool.
- Configured ODI Agents on Windows server and tested them to execute and schedule ODI Scenarios.
- Setup Security for accessing ODI s/w by creating groups and users into Security Manager.
- Reverse Engineered Source and Target Data Stores using Reverse Engineering Knowledge Modules.
- Installed and configured ODI 11g on windows environments.
- Created and configured ODI 11g Agent and Installed it as a window services.
- Implemented mappings in ODI 11g using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, Dataset, Join, Lookup and Split components.
- Debug the mappings using debugger to resolve code issue.
- Used RCC (Repository consistency check) utility to check consistency of both master and work repositories before doing upgrade
- Involved in Dimensional Modeling such as star schema, snow flake schema, creating Facts, Dimensions and Measures.
- Worked in importing data from heterogeneous data sources like database, flat file, XML files, excel.
- Designed Interfaces to load data from Flat files, CSV files in to staging area (Oracle) and load in to Oracle data warehouse.
- Export/Import interfaces, packages and it’s scenarios across different environments.
- Implemented Interfaces for loading Source data into Staging area and Staging data into Dimension and Fact tables of Reporting Data mart.
- Designed end to end ELT process flow and implemented it using ODI packages.
- Created static and dynamic variables and used them as declare, set, evaluates and refresh types.
- Implemented ODI procedures to execute pre and post process commands such as disable and enable Indexes.
- Implemented Success and Failure Notifications into ODI Packages.
- Created load plans to run the scenarios in a hierarchy of sequential and parallel steps.
- Created test cases for end to end and rated testing of ELT Packages.
- Performed unit and system testing of ELT Packages.
Environment: Oracle 11g, ODI, ODI 11g, TOAD, PL/SQL, DB2
- Responsible for developing, supporting and maintaining the ELT (Extract, Load and Transform) processes using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Installation & configuration of Oracle Data integrator, configuration of Master and Work Repository.
- Responsible for Design, Development and implementation of multiple ODI interfaces
- Created several ODI Interfaces to implement Business Logic with ODI Graphical (Designer, Topology Manager, Operator, and Security Manager) & Knowledge modules (Reverse-engineering, Journalizing, Loading, Check, Integration and Service).
- Responsible for issue resolution and performance tuning of ODI Interfaces.
- Created Source and Target systems physical and logical data server connections into ODI Topology Manager
- Created ODI Variables and used it into ODI interface, Procedure and Packages
- Created ODI Interfaces using LKM, CKM & IKM Knowledge Modules.
- Created Interfaces to load data from source systems to staging area, staging area to dimension and fact tables of Target
- Created Process flows using ODI Packages for loading data from source system to staging area, staging area to dimension and fact tables
- Used Refresh, Set and Evaluate ODI variables types into ODI Packages
- Created Scenarios of ODI Packages for migrating code into Prod execution repository
- Migrated Code from Development to Testing to production.
- Created Views, Functions, Procedures and Packages in PL/SQL for ODI process.
- Identified and fixed bottlenecks and tuned the complex ODI Interfaces for optimized performance.
- Involved in Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing and System Testing to verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process, Prepared & documented unit test plans
Environment: Oracle 11g, ODI 11g, SOL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Siebel 8.2.2.