Analytic and solutions - oriented Enterprise systems management engineer and Technical Lead with 13 years’ experience, out of 26 years of IT experience, in guiding teams through all levels of implementation, configuration and support management to improve efficiency of state-of-the-art systems. Led advanced technology development and management of new technology exploration and adaptation activities across the company. Proven expertise in improving business processes through automation strategies and resolving issues for good. Contribute strong project management, hands-on technical acumen and business analysis skills to define business objectives and project scope. Successfully bridge the communication gap among business and technology groups.
Implementation Configuration and administration of Autosys/WCC / NSM / Service Desk Enterprise systems solutions development Software Architect, Design, ImplementationConfiguration and Support management Business and Requirements analysis Process and Performance Improvement Project Scope and Management Team building and Communication
Enterprise Systems Management Engineering: Database and Configuration ManagementCA- Confidential R11.x (NSM/Workload manager, DSM); Autosys 4.x; R11.x ; WCC; Service Desk R11.x, 12.x, SLA, CA Portal, Dashboard, CI inventory, Service Catalog, UAM; USD; RCO, SAS, Cloud computing
Netview/ BMC Patrol200/IBM Tivoli/ HP: Openview; LDAP (Active Directory), WebSphere / policy servers and back end stores for availability and performance
SSO/ Web Agent / Web: based applications/ Java, Agent Technology/Workload Management/Enterprise databases management using SQL/OEM/Oracle/ replication Enterprise/Server/Security/Asset/Workload Scheduling (Autosys, CA 7; CA11, CA-Scheduler in Win2000, Mainframe, Unix, OpenVMS environment); TNG-Bridge; Tivoli Storage Manager ; Business Object tool; Oracle Developer; SQL anywhere
SAP: R3 management option; Cisco network products; Reflection X
System/Database Administration: CMDB; Oracle 10g, 11g; Mainframe OS390; Windows; Unix Aix, Linux;HP-UX, Solaris, Novell Netware, VTAM
System Agents: TNG MVS/OS390; NetWare; OpenEdition; OpenVMS; Tandem NSK; Windows Ingres II, SQL; Service Process Design; PCs; DEC, WinServer, Compaq, TandemD48, Dell
Network Administration: TCP/IP; SNMP; UDP, MIB, SMTP; IPX; TMN; FCAPS, POP3
VPN configuration; Dial: Up Networking configuration, Internet/ Intranet deployment/configuration, Data Communications Equipment; Switches/Routers; Bridges; ISDN; DHCP; DNS, Server (WIN 2003) configuration; Network security/User and Active directory setup, Server Management (IBM OS390/AIX; HP-UX; DEC; Sun-Solaris), Active Directory; Network devices; Firewall, RAID storage / SAN/Network Storage/ Arcserve
Scripting/Language: .NET; Perl; HTML; NT, Shell, Develop Custom Agents for Application with AIC/SDK, FOCUS (IBM 3290/390 / MVS, VER 7.0.0) CLIST, JCL; IMS; DB2; COBOL; PEOPLE SOFT, Technical writer; Presentation and User, Dynamic Modeling and Simulation, Mathematical / Statistical Analysis, Analytical and Computational Mechanics
Business Abilities: Technological visionary, with a broad and deep understanding of most current and potential future technologies, Able to develop innovative and appropriate solutions to business and technical problems across a wide spectrum of environments and manage them to completion, Able to plan, organize and manage complex situations and projects, Able to provide leadership, management, guidance and supervision to large and small groups Strategic thinker but able to leverage existing technology, Able to analyze and extract core issues in complex business and technical processes.
Confidential, Riverwood, IL
Enterprise Application Architect / consultant
- I worked on Enterprise workload management solution for millions of jobs, using Autosys /WCC R11.3 and ITPAM in 3 instances.
- My responsibilities included installation and configuration of application servers on Oracle 10/11g, Agents/clients, Maestro job conversion, manage, train and write documentation.
- Total 368+ servers were included in Autosys environment in multiple OS systems, trained 450+ users worldwide.
- Autosys/WCC configuration and support involve thousands of users access for the application.
OS/Working environment: Java/ LDAP/Active Directory; AIX, HP-UX, SUSE, and Red hat, Windows 200x; Oracle 11g; Mainframe; Scripting and automation process development on the above platforms.
- My primary responsibility was to manage business critical enterprise solution for Confidential infrastructure worldwide using Confidential NSM as a team lead with 8 engineers.
- Project also involved converting Confidential workload management function from JMO to Autosys 11.3 in worldwide environment.
- I was able to convince Confidential to use Autosys as a workload tool to replace JMO.
- I was able to successfully complete Autosys installation, implementation, and configuration with EEM and WCC R11.3 in 6 machines in test environment in 2 months.
- I converted around 7000 JMO jobs to run in Autosys for Confidential by writing scripts.
- In my proposal Confidential agreed for me to start work on production and fully shutdown NSM/JMO for Autosys by the end of this year.
- In addition, I trained Confidential IT individuals, wrote documents, troubleshooting and supported 24x7.
- Worked on WebSphare for Deploying and managing applications and services and Enhance security and control and integrating with Service Desk.
OS/Working environment: Oracle 10g/11g;AIX, HP-UX, SUSE, and Redhat, Windows 200x; Scripting;
Workload Infrastructure Architect specialist/Consultant
- Recruited to introduce and establish Workload automation management tools in large infrastructure.
- I worked on analyzing business demands and introduced Autosys workload management tools.
- My work involved setting up development and production workload environment:
- Requirement analysis / Architect the total workload function for Confidential company business needs
- Presentation and plan of execution
- Configured resources (servers, clients, agents and workstation);
- Installed enterprise common component (EEM, Event management)
- Installed/configured/documentation Autosys R11.3 with failover process using oracle 10g
- Completed notification/automation process setup
- Event and performance management implementation/configuration
- Portal and web management
- Automation process established through several scripts
- Installed/configured Workload Control Center (WCC) R11.3
- Installed/configured total client/agent on 9 servers
- Added 240 jobs (most of them are complex, dependency and calendar based..)
OS/Working environment: AIX, HP-UX, SUSE, Active Directory and Red hat Linux, Windows 200x; Oracle 11g; Scripting and automation process development on the above platforms.
System/Infrastructure Architect specialist/Consultant
- Administered IT enterprise management process, it’s supporting activities and workload management of company’s huge worldwide infrastructure.
- Led, installation, implementation, configuration, coordinated, scripted, documented, and trained to make sure AZ business critical application runs 24X7 with 99% uptime.
- Managed Autosys (workload management tool), “Cyclone (secure/confidential file transfer through Internet) application tool”, SQL Anywhere; Business Object; Oracle Developer and System Administration.
- Performed technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses were performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Worked on IBM WebSphare to manage other applications and also services and Enhance security and control
Application Architect/ Confidential Admin/ Consultant
- Ensured Federal Security Measures for the Operations Center(SOC). Enhanced the Confidential Desktop DNA process for Confidential enterprise management.
- Installed, configured and supported R11.2 for Desktop System Management (DSM) and Network System Management (NSM) with MDB Administration.
- Configured and monitored CMDB Audit log, CMDB reports, Web interface, import and export objects/data, EEM integration with service desk
- Developed and customized several forms and reports with Web Screen Painter for R12.x release with custom code.
- Integrated with existing Active directory to the new environment to manage user’s access
- Provided architecture, installed, migrated and configured processes in dedicated EMS servers at 5 different Confidential locations.
- Located and analyzed Network communication with protocols with Active directory/ end-user access/security consideration.
- Configured EMS manager and scalability servers for proper communication and data transfer, configured SNMP traps for event console/message record action/event correlation for monitoring and notification purpose.
ConfidentialSr. Systems Administrator/Consultant
- Evaluated system requirement analysis, architecture, configuration and documentation.
- Development Automation process for notification, root cause analysis
- Wrote scripts to develop new tools for automating management functions and notification processes.
- Trained users on USD/SDO/RCO installation/implementation and support
- Configured Failover process, Network infrastructure, Network security, alert notification
- Integrated and supported the total SMS applications per Confidential security guidelines
Sr. Systems Administrator/Consultant
- Designed architecture, configured servers, installed and configured Agents, customized World View/BPV
- Managed events, security, Workload function for MOM, including over 1200 Message record Actions
- Automated unattended installation and monitoring, performed troubleshooting
- Worked on SiteMinder infrastructure / policy servers and backend stores for availability and performance analysis
- Integrated Spectrum with NSM, Service Desk, eTrust (EEM), Active Directory
- Prepared documentation, trained client
Sr. Systems Engineer/ Consultant
- Introduce workload management function in large infrastructure environment and implementing, configuration and integration with other EMS tools
- Provided Business analysis, requirement/resources analysis of existing infrastructure and presented new architecture of the workload management tool
- Installed, implemented, configured Confidential Autosys workload management tools on 68 clients machine and integrated with mainframe workload schedule tool (CA7)
- Developed testing strategy and prepared documents, trained and administrated
- Configured Event processing (Auto Message Record Action) for AHD, notification process, alerts
- Upgraded Autosys to 4.5 and data migration.
- Architect failover process and implemented, documented
- Designed and developed SQL Adapter tool to run remotely thousand SQL jobs around the Network without Agent requirement
- Saved the company $230,000 on client licenses with design and developing SQL Adapter tool using .Net application which has been copyrighted
- Wrote scripts, developed utility tools, documented and conducted several kinds of classes
System Engineer/ Consultant
- Planned, configured and implemented changes to server infrastructure changes to server infrastructure projects in SUN/Solaris; Mainframe/OS390; NT/WIN2000 LAN/WAN environment using Confidential TNG/Autosys/CA-7/Tivoli (Maestro)/PeopleSoft and Oracle Adapter for Workload Management Engineering function and enterprise configuration.
- Performed Operating System upgrades, databases and application server migrations, Web Management ( Confidential Management for Web Servers Proxy Management Option) for security/help desk configuration
Sr. System Engineer/Consultant
- Configured Service Level Management option for Publishing reports to a Confidential Management Portal. Matrix developed for comparison of Tivoli NetView, TNG, and OpenView EMS tools.
- Provided IT infrastructure architecture and configuration using on Confidential TND3.0 (NSM3)/Automation Point /Agent Technology/Workload management (AutoSys)/Job-scheduler/ Message correlation/ Oracle 9i/Wireless messaging in Windows 2000/NT/Unix environment / Oracle 10i.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10gon HP-UX boxes for automation purposes, using SNMP/Oracle Agents/Event management. Worked on web interface for Confidential Service Desk 5.5 and DBADMIN (pdm load) and installed and configured service desk reporting utility.
- Set up MRA with Oracle SNMP for DBA,
- Developed Custom Agents (MIB) for AMC Application with AIC/SDK.
- Remotely configured and installed asset management (AMO) and other EMS tools
- Setup Real World View including TNG Core Bridge installation/configuration for central point management and server management / Configuration and upgrade to WIN2000.
- Installed and configured Job management by AutoSys connect option/ Adapter for Oracle
- Implemented Workload Management, Agent technology on AIX / Linux, HP-Unix environment.
- Tuned Oracle/DB2 databases using CA Database Analyser.
- Provided Enterprise system management using Confidential for this telecom client
- Implemented Confidential TNG 2.4 with SAP R/3 management option2.2 on Unix (AIX/Linux; HP-UX, Solaris, Digital) and NT.
- Installed Agents/ DSM/Agent Manager / Workload Management/Autosys in SAP R/3.
- Configured/deployed event management function for auto response on monitoring all logs and system management files including ArcServe backup procedure monitoring in SAP environment.