Hands - on highly visible Technology Executive with over 15 years of understanding industry standards and best practices, keeping current with financial industry trends and emerging technologies, apprehending and evaluating complex business functions and processes, IT & business development methodologies, operational requirements and procedures, technical & business system analysis, project management. And melding these to form a set of comprehensive and coherent plans to support and further the business in its endeavors.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000/20 /64 bit, MS Access 7.0/8.0/2000/2003/2007 Sybase ASE 12.5.1, MySQL ES 5.1/6.0
Platforms: MS Windows 2000/NT/XP/2003/Vista/7/8 32/64bit, MS DOS, Solaris x86, UNIX/Linux 2.2.26/126.96.36.199
CRM/CMS: Salesforce, SugarCRM, TeamWox, DotNetNuke
PM Software: JIRA, BaseCamp, GreenHopper, Bonfire
Collaboration: SharePoint, Confluence, Team Calendars, HipChat
Software: Veritas Cluster Server, VMWare, ModelRight Pro v3.6, MS Visual Studio 2008 Ent, XOSOFT WANSyncHA, RedGate SQL Compare, RedGate SQL DataCompare, RedGate SQL Doc, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports Server, Nagios, SolarWinds Suite, Dameware Utilities, Symantec PC Anywhere, TeamViewer, GoToMeeting, MS Office 2012, Adobe Dreamweaver /PhotoShop/InDesign/Illustrator/GoLive/Flash/Fireworks CS6, Acrobat X, Quickbooks
Confidential, New York
Head of Product Development
- Architected and developed all key corporate operations and product lines of FCM/ Confidential
- Originated VPS (Virtual Private Server) Solution for automated trading strategies, Expert Advisers(EAs)
- Launched NFA FORTRESS Filing System for automated daily regulatory reporting and financial filing
- Led integration with DukasCopy, MetaTrader 5, TradeNavigator, PFGBest Direct, Currenex PAMM/LAM for IB/MM, White Labels, API set-ups
- Spearheaded company operations and infrastructure, including controlling workflows and CRMs (Salesforce.com and SugarCRM) as well as Introduced and Managed JIRA
- Developed new business relationships, negotiated terms of business and established business relations with counterparties, prime brokers and vendors
- Set up the New York and Boston branch offices, designing the overall US infrastructure, creating company-wide policies and procedures, and hiring staff for branch locations
- Issued quarterly and annual reports to CEO, shareholders and global heads of non-US branches regarding profitability of US operations, budgeting, strategic plan and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Coordinated Bank Consolidation System (BCS) Project in Quantum FX boosting over $2m monthly profits.
- Guided NFA Annual Compliance Review of all Confidential Trading Platforms (FIFO/non-hedging rule).
- Prepared PFGBest IP Assets Acquisition Strategy with Deployment Plan in Confidential US Infrastructure.
Confidential, New York, NY
Enterprise Software Architect/ Sr. Project Manager
- Lead remotely multiple product delivery teams in different time zones to ensure timely delivery of software to managed project timelines and availability for UAT working off business hours to meet the needs of managing global project teams.
- Formulated and produced series of controlled stress tests to identify Key Resource Parameters with their relevant properties (physical limits, thresholds and lead time, etc...) for GMI Alerts Engine.
- Conceptualized and initiated Legacy FIX Infrastructure migration process (legacy buy side clients) over to new RTEx ROR (Reuters Order Routing System) consolidating all infrastructures and communities into one horizontal capability that can support standard FIX traffic for all services.
- Overhauled the existing TM (Targeted Messaging) Cluster Architecture design to combine Institutional, Brokers and Routing Gateways into one Gateway Cluster to increase resiliency and scalability.
- Introduced the concept of Federated FIX hubs (routing messages from one hub to another), which utilizes new Gateway Router component to route orders between “N” number of hub deployments facilitating the ability to deploy hubs geographically without the complication of linking every individual gateway.
- Directed and streamlined the DMA (Direct Market Access to Exchanges) Rapid Product Development through ProQuote interface allowing buy side brokers direct access to exchange trading.
- Succeeded deployment of TM AHSI(Targeted Messaging Adaptor Hosting Shared Infrastructure) allowing TM capability to host adaptors between many trading venues.
Confidential, New York, NY
Director of Technology
- Built, managed and lead across multiple time zones, geographically dispersed, multi-disciplinary development teams composed of a mix of in-house, contractor, and vendor personnel.
- Lead development and spearhead delivery of a UNIX Based distributed real-time co-located High-Frequency Trading (HFT) Platform conforming to specifications/processes & standardized best practices.
- Engineered and implemented a very low latency (ms) high performance, event-driven market data processing, and strategy and order submission engine.
- Architect and implemented a real-time market feed handlers, order processing engines.
- Established a real-time monitoring solution for the distributed trading system using OWL & distributed replicated databases to monitor load and health of trading processes in the mother-ship and co-located sites so that the trading decisions can be prioritized based on congestion and queuing delays.
- Guided and directed trading environment IT security and compliance management initiatives, in regards to data security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Developed and administered effectiveness of internal control structures, business and system validation processes to meet and/or exceed Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Sections 302 & 404, SEC audit compliance.
- Managed and Revised SLAs to ensure effectiveness, with final approval for all expenditures, facilitating consistency by clarifying SOW terms and details.
Confidential, Plainview, NY
Senior Project Manager, Platform Architect, DBA
- Reduced one hour System Downtime between trading sessions finally reaching 24x7 trading capability.
- The FIRST in Confidential Platforms to implement a RAMSAN SSD & specially configured SQL Server 2005 to be used as the Robust Central Data Storage. Made an official Press Release in Confidential Magazine.
- Evaluated, documented and performed complete Trading Platform Seamless Migration to SQL2005 including all supporting services while establishing complete redundancy and zero platform downtime.
- Instituted Automated Risk Management System eliminating company’s exposure during volatile market
- Formulated and developed New Order Types (Icebergs, MKT w/Discretion & TIF), Swap Rate Mechanism, Realized & Unrealized PNL Algorithms, Confidential Commission Payout System.
- Supervised full lifecycle of Platform Rewrite Project including requirements, definition prototyping, and use cases, proof of concept design, platform implementation, testing and maintenance.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Infrastructure Architect, Project Manager
- Designed and implementing business logic for Multi-Market Trading, Order Validation, Credit Review and Dynamic Order Management Modules.
- Participated in creation of application design, requirements specifications and implementation process for Order Management System (G-Trade services), Bloomberg Trade Order Management System.
- Assisted program manager in analyzing and resolving various issues on UNIX based production system.
- Designed and developed Administration/Business Routing GUI to provide administration staff with functionality for input and maintenance of information on clients, accounts, trading accounts etc.
- Business analysis & development, QA and Production of Confidential Back Office Settlement & Clearing Platforms, ADR Conversion Module, and reconciliation processes between Brokers & Confidential Clients.