- Over all 15 years of experience in analyzing, designing, and testing capabilities in various technologies
- Over 10 years of experience in Business Intelligence tools such as Cognos and Business Objects
BI Tools: Cognos 10.x, Business Objects XI R3, R2, 6.5, 5.1, Business Objects WebI, DeskI
Data Modeling: Framework Manager and Universe Designing.
ETL: Knowledge in Informatica
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i /10g, SQL Server
Visualization Tools: Tableau and Power BI
Sr. Cognos Developer / Dashboard developer
- Responsible for creating complex reports and dashboards using Cognos Report Studio, Business Insight, Business Insight Advanced, Workspace and Tableau
- Interact with super users/operations team to obtain the business rules, prepare technical specifications, development and documentation besides user training
- Trouble shoot production issues
- Converte the KPI Dashboards developed in Cognos to Tableau
- Prepare technical specs, create reports, Dashboards and perform UAT
Business Objects Reporting Analyst
- Understand the end user requirements.
- Translate the business needs into technical design and development.
- Coordinate with ETL team to get proper data to be extracted and loaded.
- Deliver reports for UPH (Universal Portfolio Hierarchy) and created many drilldown reports for P & L.
Sr Business Objects and Sr Cognos Consultant
- Responsible for design, develop various reports and make changes to the Universe and Framework Manager based on the requirements and provided services in production support.
- Responsible for building cubes and reporting
- Trained users and local new employees to generate reports using Query and Report Studios
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Business Objects Consultant
- Developed WebI reports for GL, PL, AP, AR and Fixed Assets with visualization charts.
- Created complex reports involving master/detail and cross - tab, combined queries and sub-queries.
Confidential, Hayward, CA
- As a part of Data Warehouse team designed and created various metadata models and packages, generated reports out of them and migrated and tested reports in Cognos Report Net.
- Installed Framework Manager.
- Responsible for Optimization of Catalogs and formatting existing Impromptu Reports.
- Created PowerPlay cubes from the IQDs using Cognos Transformer.
- Created user classes and a security matrix to allow selective access of reports and cubes.
- Integrated Currency Tables into the PowerPlay Cubes to make it currency compatible.
- Updated model files for accommodating changes in the source data by doing Check/Modify Columns.
- Designed and developed PPRs and PPX (PowerPlay reports/ Portable reports).
- Used custom exceptions and drill-throughs to achieve various results for the users.
- Worked on Reporter/Explorer models using various display options (Charts) created Rank, Swap, Currency conversion options and Various other formatting options (Cross tab layout, categories, Styles etc.).