- Over Eighteen years of Information Technology experience working to idealize, design, develop, deploy, deliver and support COTS and Non COTS solutions
- Over Eighteen years of service across Government, Retail, Healthcare (Insurer, Provider), Pharmaceutical, Financial Services, Telecommunications and Consulting Services sectors
- Over Fifteen years of enterprise, business, functional, systems, technical, integration and infrastructure analysis experience in addition to solid requirements, change and process management capabilities
- Over Ten years of solid and current process engineering skills across enterprises (business, information, technology, application and data) working to deliver relevant artifacts (logical views/designs, scope documents, problem statements, project charter, business cases, use cases, road maps, as - is, to-be, models, current & future state diagrams etc.) leveraging industry and sector frameworks as applicable i.e. Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) Frameworks, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Objected Oriented Design (OOD/OOA), Software Oriented Architectures (SOA), TOGAF, Zachman and Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) frameworks.
- Over Ten years of solid financial services experience working within retail banking, foreign investments, life insurance, wealth management, pension & annuities
- Over Ten years of enterprise and project risk / management experience; identifying, monitoring, executing and controlling project (product, requirements, solutions and change) risks.
- Over Ten years of quality assurance experience; developing, executing and managing test strategies, test scripts & test scenarios/conditions)
- Over Eight years’ experience coordinating analysis activities, estimating efforts, managing resources, recommending solution options, documenting /developing business cases, business strategy, process improvement opportunities including facilitating and the managing of vendor selection processes for buy options ( RFP, RFQ, RFP, RFI).
- Over seven years of experience identifying and expanding business opportunities, building and leveraging strategic relationships, structuring partnerships, and creating winning solutions.
- Over seven years of contributing to and developing GRC (Governance, Risk Management and Compliance) frameworks across enterprises; resulting in alignment of IT services through resource optimizations and effective integration of processes & platforms
- Over six years of Functional Confidential (Life Insurance Administration System) experience in the areas of policy administration, taxation, agency compensation, new business, underwriting and re-insurance.
- Over Five years of core analytics, business intelligence and data warehouse experience working with numerous backend solutions such as Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle, IBM and Microstrategy tools
- Over five years of data collection, aggregation, analysis, decomposition and mapping experience levering industry and global data governing standards.
- Over Five years managing consulting and non-consulting resources across geographically dispersed locations
- Overall, a result oriented, customer centric and highly motivated individual with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Re-engineered business processes for various departments within top financial services institutions in North America such departments include Client service delivery, Underwriting, New Business, Taxation, Annuity Services, Policy change, Services, Accounting, Policy Administration, Global Services, Fund Management, Risk Management, Banking, Life and Auto Insurance reducing redundancies and increasing business process efficiencies.
- Established best practices by implementing global business processes, making them shareable / reusable through BPM servers and providing a secure repository for access and version control (SharePoint)
- Evaluated process limitations and recommended strategies that reduced risks, reduced costs but improved performance, productivity and timeliness to market of products while ensuring that solutions retained their competitive advantage
- Managed several projects (over 50) and resources including geographical dispersed resources (average number of resources between 6-110)
- Established BCP’s, Disaster Recovery plans and Risk control self-assessments for several projects (i.e. Fund Administration, Risk Management & Travel Support departments)
- Held various titles and worked in numerous capacities on projects i.e. Project Manager, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Developer, Product Owner, Designer, Consultant, IT Delivery specialist, Quality Assurance Officer, Compliance Office, Database Analyst, Risk Officer, Investment Analyst, Mentor, Requirements Manager, Team Lead etc.
- Developed USE cases, Business Requirements, User Stories, Risk Profiles, Entity Diagrams, Application Models, Relationship models, Domain models, Technical Specifications, User Manuals, Test Plans, Test Matrices, Test Strategy, Test Conditions, Business Cases, Project Charters, Release Notes, Implementation Strategy, Requirement Management Plans, Project Management Plans, Features, Functional and Systems Specifications
- Developed best practices around UML, Object oriented analysis, JAD sessions, Facilitation, Structured Walkthroughs, Executing, Monitoring and controlling the dynamics of the projects.
- Developed strategies to ensure compliance with both local and international business market standards through the coordination of related activities between Client Service Managers, Global Custodian Administrators, systems’ staff and the trade services group.
- Experienced in managing conflicts and interfacing between the developers and the business community ensuring that requirements documented are clearly understood and interpreted in development.
- Strong technical knowledge using a variety of software and operating systems such as UNIX, DOS, WIN NT4.0, WIN XP, WIN ME, MS Office Suite, Lotus Suite, Client Management System (CMS), Document Management System (DMS-FileNet), Learning Management System (LMS/LCMS), Database systems, Visio and Adobe Photoshop; Excellent knowledge of Web technologies, databases and Mainframe systems.
- Developed an In-house HRIS and a PCIS application based on a Client / Server architecture
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Snr. Consultant Enterprise Architecture/Technical Analysis
- Assess and analyze the impacts of business vision, strategies and direction on existing and future business processes and technology
- Evaluate new concepts, technologies and solutions through POC Validations
- Deliver enterprise architecture and data modeling artifacts such as dictionaries, business rules, workflows, maps, specifications etc.
- Created and delivered a performance metrics report for the SDT team utilizing excel macros, pivot tables, vlookups, graphs etc.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify business drivers, key capabilities, application, data, business and infrastructure architectures required to deliver tactical, strategic and operational requirements across the enterprise.
- Contribute to technical leadership, guidance and direction that lead to overall Confidential DCH/Medicaid platform stabilization & improvements - member of the enterprise architecture review board
- Work with business and technical subject matter experts to assess business needs, establish business priorities and determine options, risks, and cost benefit for recommended solutions
- Lead, participate and contribute to the success of requirement review, alternative analysis, recommendation review, ad-hoc issue review and design definition sessions delivering appropriate artifacts
Confidential, Framingham MA
Senior Managing Consultant
- Execute and deliver requirement artifacts on complex projects and program initiatives including BA Plans, Requirement Management Plans, Requirements Change Management Plans, BRDs, FRS, TRDs, Gaps and Impact Analysis Docs etc.
- Execute and deliver process artifacts on numerous projects including; AS-IS, TO-BE, Data, Application, Business and Technology models
- Trained, mentored, coached and supported Business Analyst, Enterprise Analyst and Process Architect resources to meet/exceed Enterprise ‘BAO’ objectives - Thus establishing best practices groups in business analysis, architecture, business intelligence & quality assurance
- Supported the delivery of numerous store systems related project initiatives (Store Operations, Loss Prevention, Customer Service, Enterprise data migration & remediation projects)
- Worked extensively with MS Excel to deliver various forms of reports for senior management and related IT/business depts. Leveraging pivot tables, formulas, data sorting & filtering functions
- Leveraged excels pivot tables to aggregate, evaluate and analyze store operations data across the enterprise
- Initiated, developed, maintained and executed overall Test Strategies (included smoke, functional, systems, regression, stress, integration & user acceptance tests); while managing overall test results
- Translate high-level business strategies into operational strategies and practical solutions
- Deliver problem statements, project plans, business cases, use cases, test cases as well as risk assessment artifacts
- Contributed to the development of an enterprise capabilities roadmap (tactical & operational) as well as improvements to the change management processes
- Worked with vendors to improve 3rd party vendor business analytics capabilities
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Lead IT Business Systems Consultant
- Review and validate information, processes and designs while insuring integration across programs/projects as a means to leveraging opportunities and managing risks
- Translate high-level business strategies into operational strategies and practical solutions
- Provide insights into operating vision that will ignite identification of capabilities necessary to deliver an effective enterprise solution
- Develop project charters, migration plans (that includes risk, complexities, costs, efforts, degree of change, delivery schedule), benefit realization frameworks, business solution plans and other project artifacts.
- Participate in the review and development of work flows and business requirements to ensure the delivery of a quality product consumable by downstream users i.e. transforming business ideas into functional system concepts that are practical and testable resulting in improved member experiences, member wellbeing and overall customer satisfaction.
- Performed assessments (Business, Functional, System, Technology, Infrastructure, Product and Risks), managed scope creep, managed requirements, architecture, teams and projects.
- Led and managed the successful delivery of several challenging projects in consumer analytics, business intelligence and healthcare informatics
- Worked with cross functional teams to identify & determine causes and effects of delayed response times on electronic customer profile application
- Evaluated data gathered from multiple sources, reconciled data conflicts, decomposed high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Assisted clinical and IT staff in defining data elements and definitions (metadata) that will ultimately improve patient outcomes.
- Created data flow diagrams across the enterprise and delivered data maps that aligned with ICD-9, HL7 & EDI data transfer standards
- Conducted build versus buy analysis for the requirements management and survey engine tools
- Managed changes and defects - maintained a prioritized issues/risk catalogues while reviewing, analyzing, resolving and communicating results/changes/risks as necessary
- Managed a team of resources (BA, QA, Designers and Clients)
Confidential, Groton, CT
Snr. Enterprise Analysis Architect - BA Practice Mentor/Trainer
- Contributed to the establishment and successful daily operation of a PMO (project management Office) as a means of improving project relevance and delivery
- Contributed to the development of tools that tracked project benefits and effectiveness across the enterprise
- Led, coached, trained and mentored a team of engagement managers in defining acceptable solution framework standards, strategic goals, business process models, interface models, quality criteria and requirements across the enterprise.
- Authored and delivered several documents including; business, functional, systems, interface and technical requirements, business cases, use cases, test cases, UML diagrams, activity workflows, entity relationship models, class models, business models, technology models, mock up screens and reports.
- Developed and delivered relevant project artifacts related to scope, schedules, budgets, quality, risks amongst others while adhering to existing project management methodologies and insuring project success at every level.
- Worked with teams to develop competencies and BA/Architecture resource improvement opportunities leveraging BABOK, Zachman, FEA, TOGAF, COBIT, PMO, Six Sigma best practices, HL7, HIPPA, EDI and data standards/guidelines.
Confidential, New Haven, CT
Snr. IT Consultant
- Led and mentored process owners and stakeholder in process documentation and process improvement methodology while executing continuous process improvements through metrics monitoring and scorecard reporting.
- Performed stakeholder, process, system and enterprise wide analysis resulting in the identification of processes, their owners, metrics (operational & KPI), gaps and improvement opportunities while insuring alignment with organizational vision and strategies
- Responsible for quality and adherence to standards and best practices of BPM (Business Process Management) through the introduction of a technology ‘SWAT’ team as part of enterprise architecture services i.e. design in- depth .
- Designed, delivered and executed infrastructure assessment workshops resulting in effective technology asset & risk management
- Designed, tested and delivered historic and predictive reports while managing data validations and exceptions
- Evaluated existing limitations of the tax module within the insurance administration system and provided the support necessary to ensure modification of the module and delivery of a regulatory compliant application. (Functionalities delivered include withholding rules, 7 pay premium functions, agency compensation, billing, reporting, CSO mortality tables, policy administration and service functions etc.)
- Expanded the insurance admin system to be capable of supporting the sale, services and administration of insurance products across the globe (Life, Health, Wealth Management, Property and Casualty)
- Managed requirements, process improvement, Quality Assurance, Scope Creep and Projects across the organization
- Developed implementation road maps and supported conversion efforts that required business data migration across several legacy IT platforms
- Developed requirements specification documents for Confidential system functionality modifications as well as data maps that exhibited system relationships (core life admin. Systems vs. Confidential )
- Provided leadership, mentorship and support across the enterprise.
- Monitored and reported team performances against group goals to management and project executives; also documented measures and counter measures.
- Worked with business stakeholders to identify, document and communicate Overall test strategy, test scope, test constraints, test environments, criteria for success, & test scripts/conditions.
- Conducted a daily testing status stand up meeting to identify, discuss & resolve any outstanding testing concerns i.e. test scenario modifications, test case result review etc.
- Managed a team of consulting resources (requirements, architecture and development)
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Translated end state business and technology models into architectural blueprints including recommendation of third party components
- Led and facilitated business, technology and architecture brainstorming sessions.
- Assisted in identifying and prioritizing business information needs, and defining business benefit of data warehouse and data marts
- Designed and developed reports to align with business strategic and operational objectives
- Provided day-to-day project management services to ensure that project deliverables match customer expectations, ensure deliverables stay within defined scope, budget and schedule constraints
- Managed project financials and identified areas of risks across the program.
- Developed a benefit tracking framework that is relevant and usable across the enterprise.
- Responsible for managing release implementations, vendor selection and RFP process
- Instituted a lessons learned process as part of coaching, leading and mentoring framework
- Managed and assisted in setting direction for project, program and portfolio processes, programs and activities
- Managed User Acceptance Testing and contributed to the overall quality assurance processes
Senior Consultant Financial Systems
- Managed the delivery and implementation of the business in-force reserve movement project which included; reports and functional improvement on the User Interface.
- Designed and delivery and support for the implementation of the new reports and functionalities
- Evaluated and developed solution architectures, external interface directories, system models across reserve databases and systems (AH02, AH04, TAI, Oracle, Confidential )
- Delivered AS IS and To be models for some systems across specific models; Business and System use cases and Implementation strategies
- Performing feasibility studies, translating requirements into an appropriate design
- Developed Systems Integration & User Acceptance Test Cases and managed the overall tracking of test results across the enterprise
Lead Business Analyst
- Managed all aspects of projects; monitoring and reporting on project progress to project committee and senior level executives
- Developed a plan/deliver/ quality assurance and operate model for all projects
- Enhanced the policy issue and settle functionalities across several systems including; FASAT, Lifesuite, DAAD systems as well as supported conversions of data and business process models
- Reengineered several business processes and delivered several business process models as part of initiative to make the business entities more profitable and effective (revealing performance targets, process boundaries and the implied cost of a change)
- Developed impact analysis and financial models that support specific projects as well as traceability charts within and across projects.
- Led JAD sessions, structured walkthroughs and facilitated system design sessions.
- Leveraged BABOK, PMBOK and Lean Six Sigma to validate assumptions related to process inefficiencies
- Developed and executed test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated); leveraging HP QC to manage test results & defects
- Managed a team of ten resources (5BA’s, 2 SA’s and 3 Process Architects)
Business Analyst / DBA
- Defined data, information and process models including data dictionaries, context diagrams, impacts analysis
- Held several positions including Financial (Investment) Analyst, DBA Analyst, Data Analyst and Systems Analyst
- Coordinated and provided support activities to global custodian administrators, trade services group, client service managers and systems’ staff.
- Analyzed investment portfolios using an array of investment solutions including MILVUS, CMS, and QTS; by determining the investment threshold for the individual clients and measured the performances of FII markets.
- Assisted with the design, implementation of databases including the development and tuning of complex SQL queries, procedures, packages and data while ensuring that the functional specifications address the business requirements and complied with architectural and technical constraints.
- Lead, established, and supported the database administration function that included database standards definition, data modeling, implementation strategies and management procedures.
- Evaluated and implemented software packages & tools for risk management, workforce optimization, budget, procurement, project & portfolio managements
- Managed all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Generated and recommended alternative approaches to meet Business units’ needs - after gaps had been identified between the proposed systems’ abilities and business requirements.
- Provided assistance with the preparation of documented test plans to support the release of new software version updates as provided by in-house programmed changes; executing data conversion activities and assisted with the preparation of implementation plans; participated in the investigation and resolution of production problems; assisted with the production of system design documents; maintained the continued integrity of existing production systems; maintained an on-going dialogue with customers and acted as a liaison between internal customers and software vendors; assisted in the of users and presented technology recommendations to improve the efficiency of programming operations by remaining abreast of new techniques and methodologies.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing including the development of a Test Plan/Strategy, Test scenarios/grid, and conducted paper/prototype testing, Functional, System, unit integration and regression testing.
- Managed a cross functional team of resources
Business Systems Development Lead
- Analyzed business developmental and delivery challenges; through the application of analytical and quantitative techniques including expert judgment in recommending strategic solution alternatives.
- Increased sales and company revenue by about 25% as a direct result of implementing a new sales and distribution strategy.
- Worked with the relationship director on an ongoing basis in assessing new product /service ideas/product changes and their impact on system requirements, processes, users and end clients.
- Managed and Coordinated several testing stages including UAT, Unit, Functional and Regression (using several testing solutions including HP Quality Center and Mercury Testing Solution).
- Developed functionalities that improved on an existing telecommunication application that tracked user information, billing, reporting and integration with an oracle backend.
- Worked in cross-functional platforms and operating systems and delivered across the enterprise.
- Managed a cross functional team of resources
- Implemented a retail task management solution across 500+ stores
- Implemented an integrated loss prevention system solution across a retail enterprise
- Implementing a data center move project
- Supported the Kronos Workforce Solution Enhancement Projects
- Implemented well - being assessment reports at a member and an aggregated level (Time period defined reports)
- Implemented several functionalities on the Electronic Customer Profile System (system allows for the configuration of specific business needs at a contract / org. unit level); includes WBA Campaign Events, Report Entities, Encounter and Intervention models.
- Implemented several policy administration, claims processing, underwriting, accounting, reporting and agency compensation functionalities including:
- Implemented TAMRA and MEC functionalities to correct inconsistencies across Confidential platform
- Implemented modified regulatory requirements as it pertains to Tax Withholding
- Modified how dividend distributions are handled for all termination processing
- Modified Location Tax Withholding Rules Table to accommodate new regulatory requirements
- Developed and Supported SUL Survivorship Universal Life Location Tax Functionality
- Implemented solution to correct the impact of surrender and surrender reversal processing on the ACB screen
- Implemented the solution to include supplementary premiums in the total premiums paid field in Canada
- Implemented a solution to prevent the double counting of PUA Dividend CV for US surrenders
- Recommended the implementation of an integrated systems testing tool E-tester
- Implemented a solution that ensured the treatment of policy maturity as surrender for taxation purposes
- Corrected the updates of total dispositions and previous dispositions fields
- Implemented solutions to correct problems related to premium, dividend, surrender reversal processing
- Developed business, functional and technical requirements for Confidential interface Reports
- Implementation of US/Canada Tax Reporting System Interface
- Implementation of numerous taxation related defects on Confidential i.e. accurate computation of location and federal withholding, PUA Internal withdrawal with Taxable Gain, Tax Override Codes
- Modification of the Gain Calculation for Non Modified Endowment Contracts
- Modification of the US Distribution tax event codes
- Modification of the display of Gain Calculation Formula
- Modification of the Max Table Ratings Edit
- Creation of 1099 R for face decreases on MECs with GAIN
- Modification to the annual reports and statements for holders
- Modification to the policy holder statements i.e. exchange / surrender statements Conversions
- Modification of Transfer s to field associates process
- GIR Requirements tracking and letter generation
- Determine Replacement/Exchange rates - Perm Life to Perm or Term Life
- Synchronization of business in force and Reserve movement records on gross and ceded systems
- Generation of a data feed to the AHO2/AXIS systems from Confidential
- Generation of a Business Inforce Report from Confidential
- Generation of a Reconciliation Report from Confidential
- Modification of the year end processing on the administrative system (yearend taxation)
- Modification of the charge back rates and conditions on the admin and compensation systems
- Implementation of a Common Operating Environment for all the IS departments within Confidential INSURANCE
- Modification to the existing E-APP Application process on Agent Laptops / Online
- Implementation of the In-force Illustration Software
- Implementation of Confidential 6.4/6.5 as part of the New Business and Underwriting Front End System
- Implementation of Online suite of insurance products i.e. Direct Critical Illness product
- Implemented functional modifications to financial applications including:
- Modification of financial administrative system (RBCFG) to support ICF - Investment Credit Facility product
- Implementation of the Automated Underwriting and Risk Analysis tool (AURA)
- Implementation of the Anti-Money Laundry System (AML)
- Implementation of Confidential 6.4/6.5 as part of the New Business and Underwriting Front End System
- Implementation of the Document, Imaging, Printing and Distribution Systems
- Process Re-engineering: Investment Credit Facility, Anti Money Laundering, New Business and Underwriting Front End System, Customer Service
- Implemented Production Control Information System
- Implemented Human Resources Information System
- Implementation of Online Divorce / Legal forms
- Implementation of a telecommunication software