- Over 35 years’ experience with IBM mainframe systems running MVS, OS/390, and z/OS.
- Extensive MVS internals knowledge (Allocation, OPEN/CLOSE/EOV, Catalog management, SMS).
- Expert in Assembler language.
- Additional coding skills in COBOL, PL/I, REXX, CICS, VSAM, and TSO.
- Developed PC (GUI) systems using VB, VC++, Access, and TCP/IP.
- IPhone application development.
Senior Product Developer
- The product is also integrated with Confidential and provides tracing facilities for the Confidential routines.
- When SRS intercepts a space failure, the installation rules are used to determine the recovery options. If the rules allow recovery, SRS forces the operating system to get the required disk space, and the job runs to completion.
- Disk space quota system that tracks disk storage utilization at the application level, preventing runaway space use and automatically notifying storage administrators when specified limits are exceeded.
- When the Monitor rules encounter specified conditions, the product can log, notify, or automatically take installation defined actions. All monitoring and automation facilities are installation configurable.
- The Application Backup Center uses installation defined policies for automatic application aggregate generation for backup control in ABARS environments. The product also contains log management and operational facilities to assist in system recovery.
- A real - time debugging tool for IBM DF/SMS. Trace facilities are available for the production ACS rules language, the DF/SMS volume selection routines, and the DADSM pre- and post-processing exits.
- A PC-based client that communicates through DIF to work with SCC Monitor, MVS Console and TSO commands, system utilities, as well as third party software products. The application can display information in a variety of formats, reports and graphs.
- The Explorer can also perform storage management and installation defined actions on the host. An optional database tier can also be added to collect storage management events for historical analysis.
- Specifying alternate dates is fast and easy: through an ISPF interface, directly within JCL or through online screens in CICS or IMS/DC
- MVS Allocation interface for bus-tech (EMC) virtual tape system.
- Allows use of virtual tape without using SMSTAPE.
- Also provides reporting and tape copy functions.
- Also developed TCP/IP interface between MVS and Windows/IPhone products.
- Also provided in-house systems programming support, including installs, I/O gens, and SMP/E maintenance.
- Disk space recovery which proactively prevents or recovers abends and reduces the incidence of space-related processing problems.
- A rules-based disk pooling and allocation utility that works with both SMS and non-SMS data sets.
- Intercepts Write to Operator messages and provides rules-based alert management facilities and task automation.
- Installed and supported MVS and subsystems, including CICS, IMS, RACF, JES2, DADSM, VTAM, and TSO.