Senior leader with 25 years of progressive IT / Telecom experience as an executive manager, team leader, program manager, and project manager. Devised and implemented departmental strategy and policies to sure - up and stabilize mission-critical operations resulting in massive, measureable improvements to costs and profits. Technically savvy, out-of-the-box, thinker with a talent for finding and deploying solutions to solve complex business problem. Exceptional relationship building and team leadership skills. Self-starter, driven to excel at any level.
- Business Creation Business Planning and Budgeting Product development
- Business Development Profit and Loss Management Sales Channel Mgnt.
- Project Management Business Process Management Systems Design.
- Telecom OSS/BSS development Team building and Leadership
Confidential, Reston, VA and Fredericksburg, VA
Founder and President
- Business creation - Company registration and legal structure, licensing, external fillings and reporting and third party interfaces.
- Product Development and Innovation - Voice Origination, Voice Termination, IP PBX, Voice mail Systems.
- Business Development - Industry conferences, direct sales, email and social media campaigns.
- Financial Management - Billing and collections, cash-flow management, credit and risk management.
- Operational Management - Services provisioning, Customer Service, quality monitoring and reporting.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Vice President, Information Systems
- Establish and implement systems development and operational support methodology, processes and procedures and standards.
- Develop and annually update the strategic direction and the technology roadmap for Startec’s systems and processes in line with business strategy of the organization.
- Ensure all systems have the capacity and capability to support current & future business needs.
- Responsible for business continuity contingencies and processes necessary in the event of a disruption in normal business operations.
- Address all compliance requirements as it relates to technology.
- Coordinate and manage the review of large number of legal agreements with suppliers of technology services and products.
- Effectively manage IT budgets and continually look for opportunities to control operating expenses and improve group efficiencies.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development planning for the worldwide technology group to ensure core competencies are maintained to support the business.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Managed a group of engineers/project managers with responsibility for a variety of city launch activities including alpha and beta testing and ultimately the release of new markets and products to Confidential business markets for local telephony service.
- Created project plans, group and project budgets and test plans.
- Managed test activities for local products/services Unbundled Loops, New Switch Acceptance Testing, NPA-NXX Re-homing/Expansions, Electronic Data Interface for LSRs/ASRs.
- Managed vendor relations, contracts, proposals and maintenance agreements.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Responsible for program management and implementation of the E911 network .
- Interfaced with ILECs on E911 service area definition, network design, ALI database management, redundancy plans, PSAP and PUC interface.
- Defined company's 911 legal and financial impacts, designed 911 networks, interfaced with internal departments to secure proper NPA-NXX coverage, ILEC 911 Tandem/Network interconnection, marketing service area definition, IT support for the 911 program and coordinated internal and external 911 testing.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Managed Product Development Life Cycle activities for Confidential local products and services.
- Responsible for product definition and target market selection, product positioning analysis, industry application / customer benefits analysis, competitor tariff analysis, technical capability development, systems / process development and fulfillment / packaging.