- Uniquely positioned to apply multifaceted technical experience, expertise in all phases of project and product management lifecycle(s), strong team management background, and extensive track record of innovation and success to enhancing your firm’s bottom line
- Business - oriented executive, slightly more strategic than tactical; with a formal and applied background in business, finance, and technology that produces bottom-line results.
- Comprehends the criticality of managing IT as integral, not as adjunct, to the business and believes in focusing on achieving effectiveness, not just efficiency.
- Adept leader and trusted advisor in organizational change and transformation and highly-skilled in aligning IT organizations to the business vision and strategy within global operations. Compelling communicator who inspires confidence in his vision and judgments, and is able to transmute this confidence into buy-in and adoption across the enterprise.
- Strategic Sense - a "big picture" view of the organization, the ability to synthesize, calculated risk-taking;
- Interpersonal Skills - communication, education, salesmanship, recruiting/hiring/growing staff, leadership.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE:
- Business & Technology Strategy Enterprise & IT Governance
- Strategic Relationships - Trusted Advisor Process Improvement - Lean Strategies
- Enterprise Program Delivery & Recovery Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Cyber Security
- Portfolio Management & Optimization - Strategic Alignment driven by Metrics
- EPMO, PMO, PMCOE, PPM, Agile, SCRUM, & Waterfall; Designs, Implementation, and Maturation; CMMI
- Transformation & Enterprise Organizational Change Management; Encompasses M&A initiatives, Sharepoint
- Outsourcing and Talent Management Internal Controls - COBIT 4.x, ITIL 3.x, JIRA
- ECM, Kofax, RightFax, WAN, LAN, Active Directory (AD), Wintel, Solaris, Unix, Linux, AS/400, Oracle, MS SQL
- Public, Private & Hybrid Models. IAAS & PAAS models, SQL AZURE/Database, Storage SQL Reporting, CDN, Service Bus, Virtual Network & Media Services, Active Directory, Windows AZURE Marketplace Compute - EC2, EMR, Storage - S3 & EBD, Database ( &RDS)- S3 & EBD, Database ( &RDS)
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Directly manage and have responsibility for consulting services, infrastructure, customer support, human resources and administration functions.
- Actively participate in corporate strategic and business planning and develop strategies to ensure long term profitability growth and competitiveness and support sales strategy and execution. Develop internal scorecard to help prioritize projects based on alignment with corporate goals, ROI and TCO.
- Evaluate workflow and operations results, take corrective actions and establish process controls, set key performance indicators and prioritize opportunities and internal projects. Create dashboards and management reports to enable close monitoring of daily operations and programs.
- Encourage and foster effective collaboration between departments and amongst the leadership team to ensure an integrated approach to fulfilling the company’s goals and objectives.
- Meet professional services revenue and profit/margin quotas and work closely with the software sales team to provide support in achieving software sales quota
- Manage resource schedules to achieve utilization targets and strategic non-billable activities
- Ensure consistent professional services business practices throughout the team by establishing standards, policies and procedures and implementing and monitoring process and productivity improvements
- Develop new service offerings targeted to varying customer needs.
- Supervise, lead, evaluate and coach consulting managers and staff
- Lead effort to recruit top notch candidates to fill professional services positions with unique skill sets
- Develop business partner and consultant certification program that includes classroom study, self-study and job shadowing
- Partner with sales to assist with project scoping and SOW creation. Develop tools and resources for sales team to assist in qualifying and scoping service opportunities (i.e. pre-sales questionnaires, SOW templates, service estimation calculators)
- Negotiate service contracts, discounts and scheduling with customers and their legal teams to minimize company risk
- Serve as a senior-level contact for customers and resolve escalated customer relationship issues
- Provide ongoing oversight on customer engagements to ensure they are delivered to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Perform project reviews to ensure project managers comply with standards and methodologies
- Lead efforts to innovate and provide creative solutions; maintain customer satisfaction, and implementing methodologies to increase quality and productivity
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on project delivery, solution development and deployment, and revenue generation techniques as needed
- Develop a scalable implementation model to support a rapidly growing client base
- Capture lessons learned and successful process improvements and in corporate them into ongoing continuous process development
- Managed a Global IT Security Project focused on web application vulnerability testing of security and privacy posture for 600 web applications across the enterprise.
- Created and processed program planning, cost budgeting, RFP, vendor selection, process strategy, design, development, and transfer to BAU with continuous service improvement.
- Created web application security policy, procedure, and testing and measurement criteria aligned with OWASP and CVSS. Expanded the plan to include the Mobile applications.
- Managed process activities with industry leading service providers to identify vulnerability and privacy issues and solutions through automated and ethical hack tests.
- Designed and implemented the communication plan, training and awareness program, and monitoring and reporting of SLAs and OLAs to improve ROI. Structured and delivered the security testing process, services and technology in the cloud, and remediation guidance to 7 regions and 100 application teams.
- Created the security guideline for web application security at design stage (WAS-DS) based on OWASP Threat Model and worked with Enterprise Architects interdepartmental teams for buy-In and implementation across the enterprise. Partnered with Line of Business Program teams to recognize the key risk and remediation efforts for improved security posture. Helped the IT Risk Management group to close the audit findings.
- Implemented a smart card solution for 350 buses serving approximately 10,000 riders in the Boulder, Colo. area. We provided RTD with processing and data collection equipment including smart card readers, wireless communications and central data processing equipment.
- The new system consolidates the different fare options now used by the RTD and will improve the accuracy, cost and efficiency of revenue collection while also tracking data on ridership and service use.
Vice President, Operations,
Confidential, Huntersville, NC
- Executive with full responsibility for strategic planning, development, operations management, project development, customer service and production.
- Responsible for the management of key Professional Services customer executive relationships .
- I provided guidance to account teams on global high-revenue strategic product and service opportunities, participated in customer executive presentations and meetings, and served as the escalation point for key customers for any post-sales issues that arose.
- Grew the company from $8 million to $11 million by providing excellent project development and immediate customer service. Developed financial reporting processes that allowed my regional management teams to manage day-to-day activities to meet our financial goals including budget, resource scheduling, and capacity planning. I was directly responsible for organization twelve-month operational budgets and quarterly Profit and Loss.
- Integrated technology into many different locations that increased production and the efficiency of overall operations.
- Proactively pursued design changes that would better meet the needs of the customers.
- Cultivated and maintained key third-party alliances including IBM Global Services, BearingPoint, and Accenture that directly led to increased license sales.