- IT professional, Agile Product Owner and Software Engineering Manager with considerable experience spearheading software engineering and product development initiatives. Extensive knowledge and skills in requirements gathering, software implementation and delivering software products using Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Sr. Manager Product Management
- Executed on crucial product and scoping decisions, using business analytic skills to prioritize development features and initiatives.
- Negotiated API interface agreements and the processing of mapped data objects driven by JSON metadata.
- Championed adherence to security best practices and expedited patching of identified vulnerabilities.
- Mentored development teams on core agile values of courage, commitment, focus, openness, and respect; used the three pillars of the Scrum process to improve overall team efficiency.
Principal System Engineer
- Collaborated with cross - functional stakeholders to create product vision, scope and roadmap; created and maintained a JIRA Product Backlog averaging over 200 user stories.
- Improved Scrum team(s) velocity by an average of 43% and user story creation by 39%, leveraging agile process and technical acumen to drive business analytics.
- Scoped, triaged and managed remediation of security vulnerabilities throughout the SDLC.
- Delivered cross-platform software increments ranging from security to containerization of services (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, and Armada); accounted for 25% of the overall cloud platform(s).
Sr. Product Manager
- Served as Scrum Master and Project Manager for a team transitioning Software Engineering from Waterfall to Agile; achieved 35% improvement in engineering productivity within the first year.
- Removed performance bottlenecks and expanded capacity despite 50,000%+ increase in network traffic, using analytic skills and strategic development.
- Integrated network control functions into proprietary network management devices, eliminating the need for third party equipment, lowering per site installation costs by over 300% as part of a successful program management initiative.
- Facilitated continuous integration and deployment with process improvements across the product development lifecycle; increased release cadence from 1-2 major releases per year to 4+ Major and 20+ minor releases.
- Contributed to Enterprise wide policies as a member of a security core team.
- Implemented a phased approach to code and system hardening required for PCI DSS compliance as identified during formal audit process.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Authored more than 50 baselined product scope/technical requirements documents, translated from cross-team requirements gathered from multiple stakeholder groups as a Senior Project Manager and Business Analyst.
- Directed the efforts of internal resources and third party vendors to develop client self-install kits; enhanced overall user experience and decreased churn by over 40%.