- Self - starter with the ability to take on complex projects and analysis independently; Knowledge and experience in identifying and documenting information technology business needs, conduct business process reengineering, gathering requirements and analysis, coordinating with various stakeholders the validation requirements, participation in the development of custom software applications and databases to include design, programming and implementation, support of project managers during project deployment and participation in the development of training materials, and training end users.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Performed analysis on application ABENDS, evaluated the feasibility, proposed and implemented solutions dealing with cross platform data.
- Engaged with business customers in requirements gathering and analysis, created and documented detailed development specifications, developed creative solutions, and evaluated alternatives.
- Conducted business process reengineering and recommended to management of operational efficiencies.
- Prepared and maintained complete programming specifications, functional design, high level and detailed technical design documents for current applications including the monthly billing cycle application with data imported from MS SQL Server database (Cross Platform)
- Actively participated in determining the root cause and solutions to production problems through brain storming.
- Maintained current knowledge of new IT development, processes, and identified processes to improve current and new custom software application.
- Provided input to cost/benefit analysis of proposals, estimation of budgets and time lines, and resource requirements.
- Prioritized daily activities and assigned the work to team members; provided necessary guidance and training in completing the assigned tasks.
- Tracked project progress and communicated status of projects to upper management in a timely manner and identified critical success factors.
- Provided guidance on process and product assurance - Identified acceptance criteria and checklists to monitor product and process quality.
- Researched and documented existing functionality of the COTS application (Phoenix) for Umbrella policies.
- Performed data fixes in SQL Server database for data relating to Phoenix Umbrella policies, documented data fix issues, causes and identified user training areas.
- Developed SQL queries for ad-hoc reports, modified current stored procedures to enhance and address production issues.
- Provided on-call support and resolved issues in a timely manner. Assisted other team members with on-call issues and guided them in determining the cause and steps in resolving the issue.
- Conducted group training to peers, users through face to face and through live meeting.
Tools: (CICS, COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM/IDCAMS File-Aid, z/OS, Phoenix (COTS) ARTTREES (COTS) MS-SQL, SQL Stored Procedures, Batch Jobs (Mainframe-Cross platform, and Server Only), MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Visio, BUNDL, CA-7/Scheduler, TSO/ISPF/SDSF, Endevor, Data Flow Diagram)
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Designed and developed new applications and provided application support for online CICS Web Packets accessing DB2 and IMS database using MQ messaging services and web front end with an emphasis on performance.
- Conducted Performance Improvement testing before and after release implementation to measure the efficiency of applications using DB2 database; involving design of indexes and tables, SQL statements, optimal access path (DB2 EXPLAIN).
- Designed and developed new applications for data archive (IMS data) and migration of databases from IMS to DB2; participated in Design, Code, Test and Implementation walkthroughs and meetings.
- Monitored Student Loan ($148 billion) Application software, Common Origination and Disbursements (COD) system process (IMS & DB2) ensuring successful daily operation, identified production issues, tracked, reported, and resolved issues through analysis, review, resolution, testing and implementation.
- Created test scripts, documented test results with supporting test cases and outputs from the test scripts and reviewed assembly test scripts written by functional staff for applications.
- Provided overview of changes and enhancements to release changes and guidance to product test team on developing test cases.
- Performed Development activities: Created Detail Design, Developed Application, Executed Component test (Unit) and Regression Tests, Supported Assembly and Product Test, based on Confidential Development Methodologies derived from CMMI, ITIL and ISO 20K.
- Migrated code to production across multiple environments and multiple software releases using CA Endevor Software Change Manager.
- Supported change control process through technical analysis and level of effort estimation of change requests.
- Performed code and component test activities to support change requests for production fixes; followed approved coding standards and documented component test conditions before execution of component test.
- Provided technical subject matter expertise and assisted functional staff and other developers with functional design specifications during SDLC process impacting Student and School Financials, and loan disbursement DB2 tables.
- Performed documentation of new and existing program/applications after the implementation of the release.
- Mentored and trained new and junior staff members on COD application and software processes.
- Coordinated implementation activities across teams during the SDLC phases where release changes spanning multiple subsystems (Front End, Web, Reporting, Back End, External Interfaces, etc.).
- Supported production operations team with analysis of post implementation verification (PIV) results (performance improvement) and production issues (contentions due to deadlock on DB2 table).
- Provided production 24x7 support on a rotating basis for online programs and batch jobs.
- Assisted the clients (FSA) and Business Analysts with researching issues and recommended technical solutions.
Tools: (CICS, MQ-Messaging, COBOL, DB2, IMS, JCL, IBM Debugger, FMI, FMD, IFM, IBM APA, OS390, JHS, CA-7/Scheduler, TSO/ISPF/SDSF, Endevor, Data Flow Diagrams, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, MS-Power Point, MS-Visio)
- Provided system support to Actuarial Statistical Reporting group through analysis of client ( Confidential ) requirements and developing technical solutions.
- Modified and tested existing applications using the SDLC process of requirements gathering, development of statement of work, analysis, design, coding, testing, user acceptance testing, and implementation along with peer reviews at each phase based on CMMI.
- Provided on-call support on rotational basis.
Tools: (COBOL, DB2, IMS, JCL, OS390, MS-Word, MS-Excel, CA-7, TSO/ISPF/SDSF, JES2, Endevor)
- Provided system support to the ASI manufacturing system (SOLO Cup) which handled most of the day-to-day operation such as purchasing, receiving, manufacturing, inventory (raw material, work in progress, and finished goods), shipping, and distribution.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, tested and documented a broad spectrum of applications for Accounts Payable (AP Invoice Match), Transportation(Transportation Integration/Enhancement), and Inventory Management (Supply Chain and Manufacturing), to support the business needs of departments and program units using organization's approved standards.
- Performed Reverse Engineering activities to interpret the business rules, and document the applications/systems as part of the IT department initiative to develop a knowledge base of all legacy systems.
- Modified, resolved and enhanced current systems, addressing complexity and efficiency issues. Actively participated in technical consultation and application support.
- Wrote and executed test scripts and documented the results.
- Integrated the Oracle Financials and legacy transportation applications (Data Extraction) with a team comprising of Management, Business Analysts, and Sr. Programmer Analysts. Activities involved analysis, design, testing, documentation, and implementation of all required interfaces.
Tools: (CICS, COBOL, DB2, IMS, JCL, VSAM/IDCAMS, File-Aid, SAS, EAZYTRIEVE, OS390, TSO/ISPF/SDSF JES2, MS-Word, MS-Excel, JHS, CA-7/Scheduler, CA-Librarian, Data Flow Diagrams, MS-Word, MS-Project, MS-Power Point, MS-Visio)
- Researched and resolved billing issues for local and long distance residential and small business customers and applied necessary programming changes.
- Gathered and documented requirements, developed, and tested programs for ad-hoc reports such as Telecom Audit reports, and sales percentage reports for products and services sold, for upper level management.
- Gathered and documented requirements, developed, and tested programs for billing local and small business customers for pay- per-use services.