- 22 years of total IT experience, 12 years in Telecom OSS/BSS space
- Telecom OSS Specialist, with focus and expertise in Order Management, Inventory Management/Provisioning, Service Assurance, Network Activation with Tier - 1 Telcos (both COTS and bespoke tools) COTS (varying levels of exposure) - Ericsson Suite, Amdocs Cramer, Oracle MSS, EMC Smarts, IBM, Sigma, Telcordia and many more
- Worked in various roles - Technical Manager, Solution Architect, System Engineer, Solution Designer, Technical Architect with global clients
- Technical Leader/Manager having Good Skills & Experience in system analysis, design using client/server tools and web applications
- Specialized on delivery Solutions, J2EE/Oracle/Microservices/BPM/SDN/NFV Technical Architect with sound knowledge of Telecom COTS products and integration.
- Has extensive experience in the onshore-offshore delivery model of working for the delivery of IT projects
- Experience spans across multiple aspects of system delivery and includes leading and managing large scale delivery projects for Telecom OSS transition, enterprise portals for Self Service.
- Experience on custom development projects as well as Application maintenance projects.
- Strong knowledge of OSS solution architecture, system implementation & functions in Plan & Build, Order Management, Inventory Management, Network Provisioning and Activations, Fault and Performance management areas.
- Strong Architecture, Analytical skills using Microservices Architecture.
- Advanced Technical and system integration expertise in using niche technologies and Telecom products from Ericsson, EMC, Amdocs, Oracle and Confidential custom developed Business Process Management framework.
- Working Experience with Access and Core/Transport for Wireline/Cable Network (Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS, DSL/VDSL2 and GPON).
- Working knowledge of Network modeling in the complex Enterprise and Consumer networks servicing Internet (HSI), Voice(POTS, CVOIP) and Video (IPTV) products and Ethernet Backhaul (for vendors - Cisco, ALU, Ciena, Juniper, ADTRAN, CALIX, RAD, Tellabs etc).
- Specialized integration skills on Telcordia based Physical Inventory and legacy mainframe based products like TIRKS, WFA-C, WFA DO/DI.
- Good knowledge of Telecom Industry Intra-affiliate Ordering and Billing standards - ASOG based OBF, ASR - (Access Service Requests for Intra-LATA requests for third party providers).
- Conversant with TMF standards for Network and Service design and implementation - MEF, NGOSS, Business Process Framework(eTOM), Information Framework(SID), Application Framework(TAM)
- Excellent Understanding of the SML and NML layer Provisioning, Network Design/Discovery, Activation domains using third party COTS and Flow Domain Analysis concepts. Network Synchronization using tools like EMC/ARM Sync Engine and ITSM Data model.
- Strong working experience with J2EE frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, EJB, Web Services)
- Design experience with multiple BPM Products in COTS space (OSM, Tibco, Pega, Sigma OM), homegrown (MDW in Confidential, custom JBPM, Drools) and cloud based BPMS tools (Camunda)
BML: Tribold, CPQ, Sigma (Catalog, CPQ, OM)
SML: Metasolv (M6), OSM, UIM, ARM (Cramer)
TIRKS, WFM: Advantex/SS9, WFA DI/DOEricsson Suite (SOF, ERC-SOF, ERC-ND, ERC-UIE, ERC-TE, EMA) EMC/SMARTS, Synch Engine
Integration Experience: ConceptWave, IBM Netcool, NTM Remedy
Database/ Frameworks: Oracle, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Micro-ServicesStruts 2.0, Eclipse RCP, GWT-MVP, JSF/Richfaces, Spring/Hibernate, J2EE, EJB 3.0, AJAX, JMS, EAD4J, JAXB, JSON, SOAP/REST/CXF, JDBC, JSF, GWT 2.0, JPF, Web Services (JAXWS, RPC, Axis), jQuery, Kafka, Spark
BPMS: JBPM, Drools, Tibco, Pega, Savvion, Camel, Sigma OM, OMS, Camunda
Network/Standards: Data Services - CES, MEF (Ethernet)
Access/Transport: FTTP/GPON/BPON, DSL, MPLS, L3VPN, HFC, SONET, DWDM
Consumer Services: HSI, PRISM (IPTV Video), VOIP, SD-WAN eTOM, TMF/SID, ASOG/ASR, NGOSS, SD-WAN, SDN/NFV
EAI: TIBCO, OSB, MQ Series 5.0, ESB, Camel, Drools
Agile Tools: Pivotal Tracker, CA Agile Center (Rally), Atlassian Jira, MagicDraw
- Architect for Inventory Migration, OSS Transformation and SDN (Programmable Networks), Broadband programs (BPQ Gen2, VDSL2, Dynamic bandwidth, Vectoring).
- Contribute towards an Enterprise Microservice Strategy and POCs using Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Docker, Netflix patterns and DevOps environment.
- Analyze Legacy MSS Model, Business processes, Legacy systems and new consolidated Network inventory and Circuit Design model for Broadband and Data products.
- Review Consolidation and Migration for equipment inventory and circuit designs from each of the existing MSS instances into a single new instance of MSS
- Design model, BPMS, activity diagrams using Magicdraw for AsIs, ToBe processes and System integration.
- Design BPMS (using Savvion and Businessware, Sigma workflows) and integrate with Ordering, Quoting and Inventory systems (Metasolv) via SOA Web services.
- Review and prepare design models for Customer Account, PSR Order delegation, Circuit connectivity and Work Management Delegation for new integrations and MSS interactions.
- Review and design Refactor MSS API integrations in Java and Oracle with BPMS workflows (businessware/BPMS/Blueplanet) to provide system specific integrations.
- Design Support for new business process and system flow to support orders in the various legacy MSS systems that will need circuit design activities to occur in the new MSS instance.
- Participate in Architecture and design discussions for E2E Transformation and SDN/NFV Roadmap to integrate with OSS.
- Prepare Architecture Direction document for new business requirements using System Diagrams, Use case and other artifacts. Collaborate with Business and IT teams to freeze E2E solution and LOEs
Environment: Metasolv (M6), Oracle, J2EE, Sigma (CPQ, OM), Savvion, Salesforce, Cyan Blueplanet, Microservices (SpringBoot, Spring Cloud, AWS, Kubernetes, Netflix patterns, Docker)
- OSS/BSS System Engineer /solution Architect for Multi-Year OSS Transformation program.
- Translation of Business requirements into High Level System Engineering requirements
- Worked closely with all stakeholders involved in E2E Migration to ensure that functional and system requirements are fulfilled and the solution is fit for business use
- Document Business requirements/user stories/use cases to subsequently elaborate them into system architecture solution, system use cases, or functional/System requirements
- Analyze the Business processes, Legacy systems and the New Stack architecture. Capturing the changes in the new stack and conducting an Impact analysis.
- Preparation of Program Architecture Document, High Level Design document
- Inventory Modeling SME and provide Inventory Data mapping and migration support.
- E2E Inventory Provisioning and Network Activation Support for Ethernet, GPON, and DSL based Services.
- Single point of contact between IT and Business for DSL Planning to Activation for revenue critical issues.
- Coordinate between the offshore development teams, the third parties involved and the user community.
- Proposal and Presales Support for the Confidential CUPIC Access Proposal.
- System Engineer responsibilities for OSS transformation requirements for HSI/IPTV fulfillment over GPON fiber access network.
- Design inventory and service management business process workflows for consumer services in OM and Inventory systems using Java Web Services, Tibco Bus and multiple protocols. Confidential In-house BPMS framework heavily used for the java and other system integration.
- Business requirements and system integration aspects using niche technologies and products from Ericsson, Amdocs and Confidential Business Process Management framework.
- Integration across all OSS domains including Assurance/Dispatch for Telecordia WFA and Advantex SS9.
- E2E Design and System integration responsibility using various custom developed model driven framework (ActiveMQ, Web Services, Tibco, ESB Mule, WS, Camel, Drools)
- Working with Business SMEs, Developers, Development Leads, Release Managers, in identifying the OSS process/systems/inventory consolidation needs
- Worked with the clients on the final signing process in the User Acceptance stages.
- Pre-sales support for the Activation Solution.
- Ad-hoc executive presentations and Impact analysis for System integration support.
- Worked as a solution designer on COTS products Amdocs Cramer, Cisco Prime, EMC SMARTS for the activation of Customer Edge (CE) and Provider Edge (PE) for cross-domain network
- Capturing the changes in the new stack and conducting an Impact analysis.
- Contribute to Orchestration of Microservice based design strategy using Techmahindra Microservice platform (and Camunda).
Environment: Ericsson Suite of products (ConceptWave), EMC SMARTS, EMA, ERC (SOF, EEM, ND)
Senior Technical Lead
- Earthlink/Bell Canada proposal and Technical Solutions using OSM/Metasolv/UIM
- Qwest /CTL - Business Requirements and Presales Support
- Lead an initiative with team of Architects to study customer pain areas and suggest best practices, tools.
- Qwest MOE OSS Consolidation Discovery Study - Cramer, Oracle MSS and Telcordia Tools.
- Qwest Tribold Discover
- Design Integration with Assurance FCAPS domains using Dispatch, Assurance COTS products - NTM Remedy, IBM Netcool, and EMC SMARTs.
- Integration design with assurance sub domains - Trouble Diagnosis, Topology Engine, Fault management, Alarm, Trouble Ticket System, Workforce Management, Performance Management COTS and internal systems.
- Qwest /CTL - Business Requirements and Presales Support
- Involved in Analysis, Design and end-to end implementation of RX applications
- End to End Design and implementation Support
- Complete BPM process design of Repair/Assurance flow integration with systems using JBPM/Drools and Tibco/Jacada
- Led transition from legacy to SOA applications and system integration projects; engaged in the current state analysis and target architecture design,
- Evaluation and utilization of the BPM Tools, Portal/RIA technologies (RCP/GWT/ jsf/Richfaces/ Primefaces/jQuery) and SOA/ESB tools.
- Involved in Feasibility Study, Design and end-to end implementation of SSP Portal applications
- Involved in Implementation/Design of the Web Services/JPF/NetUI within Spring Framework
- Involved in EJB Remote to Home migration, and MDB implementation for JMS listeners.
- End to End implementation of ETFI application using JSF. Includes a rich UI implementation using JSF/Richfaces widgets
- Low Level Design Implementations of ETFI using GWT-MVP framework
- Overall Function SME for TechMahindra and Qwest team on VOIP release, which include complete Ordering/provisioning cycle for VOIP.
- SME/Technical Manager for new product launch using Product Catalog and IT impact.
- Involved in Analysis, Design and end-to-end implementation of BR/ITRs
- Involved in Integration of the Quoting/Ordering with CRM and other southbound systems
- Complete delivery ownership of the module
Environment: J2EE (Java, JSP, JDBC, EJB), XML, Web Services, EJB 2, Oracle
- Handling a team of 8 developers responsible for Order and Inventory Management modules
- Business Analysis - provisioning process and inventory management Workflow
- Task Allocation/ Overall project execution responsibilities
- Client communication/Status Reporting
Environment: UNIX, J2EE (Java, JSP, Servlets, EJB), Web Services, WPE BPM, Oracle