- Solutions - driven IT Program Manager specializing in global enterprise application development, systems support and integration.
- Senior-level project management and strategic technologist known for delivering complex projects and best-in-class technologies within timelines, under budget, and adherent to stringent quality requirements.
- Repeatedly hand-selected to lead challenging, high-profile initiatives including being designated as North American IT Lead for largest HR initiative in Estée Lauder history.
- Effective change and project management through strong governance to ensure right resources, duration and technology are used to meet project objectives and stakeholders' expectations.
- Recognized as confident go-to leader for reengineering business processes, troubleshooting issues, and envisioning strategic technology solutions.
- Played pivotal role in facilitating 40% increase in recruiting activities across US, Canada, APAC, and EMEA locations by deploying Taleo global applicant-tracking system; formulated configuration and interface requirements as well as created long-term production support model, end-user training, and project plans for future implementations .
- Supported the generation of millions of dollars in annual revenue as well as streamlined customer returns, product disposal processing, sales orders, and wave picking by custom building new warehouse logistics system (RISC) that deployed unused inventory to company-owned freestanding stores.
- Saved $1M+ annually, reduced software licensing and hardware requirements, and improved visibility of financial data through migration of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) A/P and Purchasing to SAP Procure-to-Pay and Supplier Relations Module (SRM) as part of strategic modernization initiative; reengineered existing process to conform to newly established global template.
- Optimized business alignment, application innovation, infrastructure technology, customer service, and support desk functions by consolidating IT organizations into responsive, unified structure.
Project/Program Managemen t | Systems Integration | Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) | Strategic Planning Application Design | Client Relations | Budget Administration | Data Modeling | Risk Management Systems Development | Vendor Contract Negotiations | Change Management | Team Management & Training
Project Management & Version Control: JIRA, Microsoft Project, Visual Source Safe
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Platforms: IBM WebSphere, IIS, JBoss, HP-UX, AIX, MS Windows Server, XP, NT
Applications: Oracle EBS 10.7, 11.5.x, 12, (SAP Procure to Pay), POS, Taleo, Kronos Timekeeping, Cognos BI, webMethods, Informatica, SQL*Loader, OpenText, APEX
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9/8/7, MS SQL Server
Development and Defect Tracking Tools: SQL Navigator, Toad, Ultra Edit, HP Quality Center, Remedy, MS SharePoint, Visio, ARIS Architect & Designer
Confidential, Melville, New York
Executive Director, Global Human Resources & Payroll Systems
- Specifically promoted to transform department following its low approval rating as well as shepherd implementation of global applicant-tracking system and global learning library.
- Managed North American payroll and global HR systems.
- Controlled Capital and Expense budgets.
- Oversaw outsourced service provider to ensure ongoing contract and service level performance and timely response to service issues.
- Supervised 23 staff throughout Americas and EMEA regions including business analysts, project managers, developers, DBAs, and consultants. Reported to VP of Application Support.
- Enriched Agile development via JIRA implementation with increased developer collaboration, story estimating, enhanced visibility to sprints, backlogs and progress reporting.
- Realized $600K+ in licensing cost savings by consolidating disparate training environments using CertPoint Learning Management System deployed on Verizon data network, thereby enabling secure global access for training.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction by 30% through engineering divisional outsourced service provider integration process, ensuring effective knowledge transfer while overcoming language and cultural challenges.
- Achieved 20% overall cost reduction by launching application portfolio strategy that eliminated redundancies and replaced outdated, high-risk applications.
- Mitigated operational and financial risk through deployment of personally identifiable information (PII) safeguards as well as encrypted production environment data, scrambled testing environments, and creation of security roles for authorized data visibility, ensuring secure vendor transmissions.
- Negotiated software license discounts of up to 40%, cancelled unused products, and secured additional services at no cost after evaluating all Department vendor software licensing agreements.
Executive Director, Global Financial Systems
- Appointed to spearhead financial application support and development of Oracle EBS and JD Edwards as the Company pursued expansion into overseas markets and consolidated vast amounts of financial data.
- Acted as major design contributor to financial data store design and implementation, ensuring that data store was responsive and accurate.
- Supported point-of-sale (POS) systems for freestanding Company stores. Led team of 20 professionals and reported to VP of Application Support.
- Helped position the Company to maintain market leadership, increase business agility, reduce technology application total cost of ownership (TCO), meet regulatory requirements, and plan for future growth through consolidation of datacenter infrastructure and applications to outsourced, state-of-the-art hosting facility.
- Allowed Company to store, manage, and retrieve A/P invoices and employee expense reports, saving $250K in efficiencies, via implementing companywide Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software from OpenText.
- Cut customer issue response time 50% by cross-training regional department and support teams.
- Optimized data integrity through designing and establishing ETL integration zones to enable information publishing and subscribing across disparate financial applications.
Director, Financial Systems
- Based on previous implementation successes, promoted to manage Oracle EBS for North America.
- Wrote custom code to enhance system functionality to user specifications.
- Oversaw all system aspects of financial closing process and responded to financial community user requests, ensuring reporting availability and accuracy.
- Developed Visio data models to support user requirements. Facilitated user training on application enhancements.
- Led 5-member team and reported to Executive Director of Financial Systems.
- Produced SOX compliance documentation for financial systems, creating migration controls, user segregation of duties, and code migration governance; ensured compliance with yearly audit requirements.
- Slashed annual Oracle purchasing licenses by 250 users at $125 per user through design and roll out of custom invoicing application that interfaced with A/P for vendor payments.
- Minimized department’s ad-hoc involvement in BI reporting by 20% through deploying custom Cognos reporting and training end users on effective application use.
- Reduced development work along with number of required interfaces by developing open interface standards for customer base.
- Nearly halved the systems integration timeline of newly purchased company by developing framework that enabled financial systems department to complete consolidation with nominal effort.