- Around 7 years in Information Technology with Expertise in Data Architect & Data Modeling for Data Warehouse/Data Mart development, Data Analysis for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehousing (OLAP)/Business Intelligence (BI) applications
- Experience in Big Data Hadoop Ecosystem in ingestion, storage, querying, processing and analysis of big data.
- Experienced in integration of various relational and non - relational sources such as DB2, Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, NoSQL, COBOL, XML and Flat Files, to Netezza database.
- Business Intelligence: Requirements analysis, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), metrics development, sourcing and gap analysis, OLAP concepts and methods, aggregates / materialized views and performance, rapid prototyping, tool selection, semantic layers Excellent experience in writing SQL queries to validate data movement between different layers in data warehouse environment.
- Having good knowledge of Hive, Sqoop, MR, Storm, Pig, HBase, Flume, Spark.
- Data Warehousing: Full life-cycle project leadership, business-driven requirements, capacity planning, gathering, feasibility analysis, enterprise and solution architecture, design, construction, data quality, profiling and cleansing, source-target mapping, gap analysis, data integration/ETL, SOA, ODA, data marts, Inman/Kimball methodology, Data Modeling for OLTP, canonical modeling, Dimension Modeling for data ware house star/snowflake design.
- Experience in BI/DW solution (ETL,OLAP, Data mart), Informatica, BI Reporting tool like Tableau and Qlikview and also experienced leading the team of application, ETL, BI developers, Testing team .
- Good understanding and hands on experience with AWS S3 and EC2.
- Good experience on programming languagesPython, Scala.
- Responsible for detail architectural design and data wrangling, data profiling to ensure data quality of vendor data, Source to target mapping
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools-Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager.
- Logical and physical database designing like Tables, Constraints, Index, etc. using Erwin, ER Studio, TOAD Modeler and SQL Modeler.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing required project documentation and tracking and reporting regularly on the status of projects to all project stakeholders
- Extensive ETL testing experience using Informatica 9x/8x, Talend, Pentaho.
- Work on Background process in oracle Architecture. Also drill down to the lowest levels of systems design and construction.
- Experienced in Technical consulting and end-to-end delivery with architecture, data modeling, data governance and design - development - implementation of solutions.
- Heavy use of Access queries, V-Lookup, formulas, Pivot Tables, etc. Working knowledge of CRM Automation Salesforce.com, SAP.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling, Star/Snowflake schema, FACT & Dimension tables.
- Expertise on Relational Data modeling (3NF) and Dimensional data modeling.
- Experience in developing Map Reduce Programs using Apache Hadoop for analyzing the big data as per the requirement.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Assist in creating communication materials based on data for key internal /external audiences.
- Skillful in Data Analysis using SQL on Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 & Teradata.
- Proficient in System Analysis, ER/Dimensional Data Modeling, Database design and implementing RDBMS specific features.
- Used Talend Open Studio for data integration jobs.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin R6/R9, Rational System Architect, IBM Infosphere Data Architect, ER Studio and Oracle Designer
Tools: OBIE 9i/10g/11g/12c, SAP ECC6 EHP5, Go to meeting, Docusign, Insidesales.com, Share point, Mat-lab.
Testing and defect tracking Tools: HP/Mercury (Quality Center, Win Runner, Quick Test Professional, Performance Center, Requisite, MS Visio & Visual Source Safe
Database Tools: Microsoft SQL Server12.0, Teradata 15.0, Oracle 11g/9i/12c and MS Access
BI Tools: Tableau 7.0/8.2, Tableau server 8.2, Tableau Reader 8.1,SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports Packages Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Project 2010, SAP and Microsoft Visio, Share point Portal Server
Version Tool: VSS, SVN, CVS.
Project Execution Methodologies: Agile, Ralph Kimball and BillInmon data warehousing methodology, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rapid Application Development (RAD), Joint Application Development (JAD) .
ETL/Data warehouse Tools: Informatica 9.6/9.1/8.6.1/8.1 , SAP Business Objects XIR3.1/XIR2, Web Intelligence, Talend, Tableau 8.2, Pentaho
Quality Assurance Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Rational Functional Tester.
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Sun Solaris
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server14.0, Teradata 15.0, Oracle 12c/9i, and MS Access
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. Data Architect/Modeler
- Working in Regulatory Compliance IT team where worked as Data Architect role which involved Data Profiling, Data Modeling, ETL Architecture& Oracle DBA .
- Responsible for Big data initiatives and engagement including analysis, brainstorming, POC, and architecture.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement the architecture.
- Handled importing data from various data sources, performed transformations using Hive, Map Reduce, and loaded data into HDFS.
- Designed the Logical Data Model using ERWIN 9.64 with the entities and attributes for each subject areas.
- Integrated data from different data warehouses using Taland Open Studio.
- Developed long termdata warehouse roadmap and architectures, designs and builds the data warehouse framework per the roadmap.
- Designed and developed architecture for data services ecosystem spanning Relational, NoSQL, and Big Data technologies.
- Specifies overall Data Architecture for all areas and domains of the enterprise, including Data Acquisition, ODS, MDM, Data Warehouse, Data Provisioning, ETL, and BI.
- Advises/leads projects involving the ETL related activities and the migration or conversion of data between enterprise data systems. Coordinates interactions between central IT, business units, and data stewards to achieve desired organizational outcomes.
- Gathered and analyzed existing physical data models for in scope applications and proposed the changes to the data models according to the requirements.
- Advises on and enforces data governance to improve the quality/integrity of data and oversight on the collection and management of operational data.
- Able to guide / partner with VP / Directors for architecting solutions for the Big data Organization.
- Responsible for planning, installing, and supporting AWS infrastructure.
- Proficiency in SQL across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
- Worked on AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift).
- Integrated crystal reports using Erwin Data Modeler.
- Used Erwin to support for Teradata 13.0 and SSL.
- Developed Data Mapping, Data Governance, and Transformation and cleansing rules for the Master Data Management Architecture involving OLTP, ODS.
- Involved in designing Logical and Physical data models for different database applications using the Erwin.
- Designed and developed a Data Lake using Hadoop for processing raw and processed claims via Hive and Informatica.
- Worked with Netezza and Oracle databases and implemented various logical and physical data models for them.
- Data modeling, Design, implement, and deploy high-performance, custom applications Confidential scale on Hadoop /Spark.
- Developed and implemented data cleansing, data security, data profiling and data monitoring processes.
- Applied data analysis, data mining and data engineering to present data clearly.
- Ensured high-quality data and understand how data is generated out experimental design and how these experiments can produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions.
Environment: DB2, CA Erwin 9.6, Oracle 12c, MS-Office, SQL Architect, TOAD Benchmark Factory, SQL Loader, PL/SQL, SharePoint, ERwin r9.64, Talend, MS-Office, Redshift, SQL Server, Hadoop, Spark, AWS.
Confidential, Monroe, LA
Sr. Data Modeler/Analyst
- Created logical data model from the conceptual model and it's conversion into the physical database design using Erwin r9.6.
- Designed and build relational database models and defines data requirements to meet the business requirements.
- Developed strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of databases.
- Responsible for developing and supporting a data model and architecture that supports and enables the overall strategy of expanded data deliverables, services, process optimization and advanced business intelligence.
- Worked with Data Vault Methodology Developed normalized Logical and Physical database models
- Worked with Architecture team to get the metadata approved for the new data elements that are added for this project.
- Extensively used Erwin r9.6 for Data modeling. Created Staging and Target Models for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Designed Star and Snowflake Data Models for Enterprise Data Warehouse using ERWIN.
- Worked with Data Steward Team for designing, documenting and configuring Informatica Data Director for supporting management of MDM data.
- Creation of BTEQ, Fast export, Multi Load, TPump, Fast load scripts for extracting data from various production systems
- Owned and managed all changes to the data models. Created data models, solution designs and data architecture documentation for complex information systems.
- Worked with reverse engineering Data Model from Database instance and Scripts.
- Developed mapping spreadsheets for (ETL) team with source to target data mapping with physical naming standards, data types, volumetric, domain definitions, and corporate meta-data definitions.
- Established and maintained comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships.
- Implemented Data Vault Modeling Concept solved the problem of dealing with change in the environment by separating the business keys and the associations between those business keys, from the descriptive attributes of those keys using HUB, LINKS tables and Satellites.
- Worked on AWS Redshift and RDS for implementing models and data on RDS and Redshift.
- Gather and analyze business data requirements and model these needs. In doing so, work closely with the users of the information, the application developers and architects, to ensure the information models are capable of meeting their needs.
- Transformed Logical Data Model to Physical Data Model ensuring the Primary Key and Foreign key relationships in PDM, Consistency of definitions of Data Attributes and Primary Index considerations.
- Designed ER diagrams (Physical and Logical using Erwin) and mapping the data into database objects and identified the Facts and Dimensions from the business requirements and developed the logical and physical models using Erwin.
Environment: AWS Redshift, RDS, Big Data, JDBC, Cassandra, NOSQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Hadoop, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Erwin, Informatica.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Sr. Data Analyst/Modeler
- Performed Hive programming for applications that were migrated to big data using Hadoop
- Created hive functions in python to be used with hive.
- Responsible for the design of logical and physical data models based upon analysis of complex business requirements
- Performed analysis of the existing source systems (Transaction database).
- Participated in performance management and tuning for stored procedures, tables and database servers.
- Create Logical Data Model for Staging, ODS and Data Mart and Time dimension as well.
- Involved in maintaining and updating Metadata Repository with details on the nature and use of applications/data transformations to facilitate impact analysis.
- Created DDL scripts using ER Studio and source to target mappings to bring the data from source to the warehouse.
- Designed the ER diagrams, logical model (relationship, cardinality, attributes, and, candidate keys) and physical database (capacity planning, object creation and aggregation strategies) for Oracle and Teradata.
- Worked in importing and cleansing of data from various sources like Teradata, Oracle, flatfiles, MS SQL Server with high volume data
- Identify, assess and intimate potential risks associated to testing scope, quality of the product and schedule
- Finalize the naming Standards for Data Elements and ETL Jobs and create a Data Dictionary for Meta Data Management.
- Generated comprehensive analytical reports by running SQL queries against current databases to conduct data analysis.
- Produced PL/SQL statement and stored procedures in DB2 for extracting as well as writing data.
- Designed Logical & Physical Data Model /Metadata/ data dictionary using Erwin for both OLTP and OLAP based systems.
- Co-ordinate all teams to centralize Meta-data management updates and follow the standard Naming Standards and Attributes Standards for DATA &ETL Jobs.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify that data has been moved from transactional system to DSS, Data warehouse, data mart reporting system in accordance with requirements.
- Worked in importing and cleansing of data from various sources like Teradata, Oracle, flat files, SQL Server 2005 with high volume data
- Worked extensively on ER Studio for multiple Operations across Atlas Copco in both OLAP and OLTP applications.
- Developed the design & Process flow to ensure that the process is repeatable.
Environment: ER Studio, SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS, Oracle 11g, Business Objects XI, Rational Rose, Data stage, MS Office, MS Visio, SQL, Rational Rose, Crystal Reports 9
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed and understood the architectural design of the project in a step by step process along with the data flow .
- Created DDL scripts for implementing Data Modeling changes. Created ERWIN reports in HTML, RTF format depending upon the requirement, Published Data model in model mart, created naming convention files, co-coordinated with DBAs' to apply the data model changes.
- Generated a separate MRM document with each assignment and shared it on SharePoint along with the PDF of updated data models
- Created a list of domains in Erwin and worked on building up the data dictionary for the company
- Created a Data Mapping document after each assignment and wrote the transformation rules for each field as applicable
- Worked on Unit Testing for three reports and created SQL Test Scripts for each report as required
- Extensively used Erwin as the main tool for modeling along with Visio
- Established and maintained comprehensive data model documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships.
- Worked on Metadata Repository (MRM) for maintaining the definitions and mapping rules up to mark.
- Worked on data mapping process from source system to target system. Created dimensional model for the reporting system by identifying required facts and dimensions using Erwin
- Designed Logical Data Models and Physical Data Models using Erwin.
- Developed data Mart for the base data in Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema involved in developing the data warehouse for the database.
- Developed enhancements to Mongo DB architecture to improve performance and scalability.
- Forward Engineering the Data models, Reverse Engineering on the existing Data Models and Updates the Data models.
- Performed data cleaning and data manipulation activities using NZSQL utility.
- Analyzed the physical data model to understand the relationship between existing tables. Cleansed the unwanted tables and columns as per the requirements as part of the duty being a Data Analyst.
Environment: Erwin r8.2, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle Data Modeler, Teradata 14, SSIS, Business Objects, SQL Server 2008, ER/Studio Windows, MS Excel.
- Designed new application logical/physical data models in SAP Power Designer .
- Generated DDL using SAP Power Designer and loaded them in the Data Warehouse
- Extensively used reverse engineering feature of Erwin to save the data model with production.
- Worked with Business users during requirements gathering and prepared Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models.
- Wrote PL/SQL statement, stored procedures and Triggers in DB2 for extracting as well as writing data.
- Attended and participated in information and requirements gathering sessions
- Translated business requirements into working logical and physical data models for Data warehouse, Data marts and OLAP applications.
- Designed and implemented business intelligence to support sales and operations functions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Designed Star and Snowflake Data Models for Enterprise Data Warehouse using ERWIN
- Created business requirement documents and integrated the requirements and underlying platform functionality.
- Experience in developing dashboards and client specific tools in Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Logical and Physical data models, along with corresponding metadata, to support Applications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Technical Design and Documentation.
- Used forward engineering to create a physical data model with DDL that best suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model.
- Involved in preparing the design flow for the Data stage objects to pull the data from various upstream applications and do the required transformations and load the data into various downstream applications
- Performed logical data modeling, physical data modeling (including reverse engineering) using the Erwin Data Modeling tool.
Environment: Oracle9i, PL/SQL, Solaris 9/10, Windows Server, NZSQL, Erwin 8.0, ER- Studio 6.0/6.5, Toad 8.6, Informatica 8.0, IBM OS 390(V6.0), DB2 V7.1