My career has a history of successful projects completed prior to deadline and under budget. Have the ability to learn new processes and procedures quickly. Have time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously while completing work within allocated time frames. Possess drive to work through issues, seek team support and escalate issues as appropriate.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Business Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Application Development and Maintenance
- Team Leadership
- QA Tester
- COBOL, CICS, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, Expeditor, Intertest, DB2, SQL, ALC,
- CA - Datacom/DB IDEAL, EZTrieve, Confidential, SDLC, SEI CMMI Level 3
- Stored Procedures, OS/JCL, CONDOR, File-Aid, Syncsort
- ROSCOE, ABEND-AID, Panvelet
CHRONOLOGY OF EXPERIENCE:
- As an owner of an Information Technology company that serviced the Confidential and private industry, my responsibilities entailed leading the day-to-day operations.
- That included all information technology contracts, financials, and marketing of this new information service company.
- Work was done on client site as needed.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Senior Application Developer
- Developed and modified OS/JCL, COBOL and CICS programs, and CICS screens to accommodate ICD-10 enhancements on the HCIS claims system.
- DB2 files were modified to match the Legacy VSAM files.
- Assignments were analyzed by me for estimated hours to complete.
- Test cases were created and tested by me for final production approval.
- Verified online and batch claims testing through re-creation of testing results.
- Guided and helped junior members of staff.
- Analyzed and regression tested reports prior to client availability.
- Analysis was done to determine files, programs, and JCL needed to be modified prior to coding.
- Millions of records had to be extracted, sorted, and verified for various reports to catch fraudulent claims.
- Weekly meetings were held with client to address problems, enhancements, and target dates.
- Mentored less-experienced team members.
- Project was completed ahead of schedule using SDLC guidelines.
Environment: COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, Expeditor, File-Aid, MS Office, Syncsort, OS/JCL
Senior Systems Analyst
- Maintained and enhanced the Confidential financial package and provided leadership to a team of programmers.
- Modifications and development enhancements were done to JCL, COBOL and CICS programs within the Confidential system and interfaces.
- Extensive documentation and flow charts were completed on all interface jobs and programs to facilitate a quick response to future interface problems.
- Upgraded the Confidential financial package with the current release.
- Met with clients to define user requirements that were converted to coding specifications.
- Hundreds of thousands records were purged on a monthly basis and loaded to history files.
- All projects were completed using SDLC. Served as backup for Production Control. Jobs were submitted using Control-M.
Environment: Intranet, Internet, Windows 2000, COBOLCICS, Confidential /Infor, ROSCOE, TSO/ISPF, MVS, VSAM, OracleVisual Basic, DB2, SQL, IE, MS Office, Intertest, Expeditor, File-AidVISIO, TCP/IP, OS/JCL, Syncsort
Senior Systems Analyst/QA Tester
- My task was to get the Confidential County Government systems Confidential compliant.
- Over a thousand programs were modified that were written in CICS, COBOL II, and IDEAL.
- Three contractors were under my direction.
- Test scripts were developed and test data was loaded by my team as part of the process prior to testing.
- Regression testing was done to assure modifications were properly completed.
- Independent Verification and validation procedures were used to validate system test results prior to migrating modules and JCL streams to production.
- The Confidential project was completed 2 months ahead of schedule and under budget.
Environment: Internet, COBOL II, CICS, EZTrieve, IDEAL, CONDOR, SyncsortMVS, VSAM, Client Server, Intertest, Expeditor, OS/JCL, IDEAL
Senior Systems Analyst
- Created documentation and flow charts for thousands of undocumented Confidential specific modules that interfaced with Confidential
- Upgraded Confidential 90.01 release to 96.01 for Confidential compliance and trained new Analyst in the Confidential ’s methodology, and provide technical support for the Confidential ’s Financial Management System Enhancements task.
- The client’s application requirements were defined by gathering and analyzing information for developing and modifying data processing systems.
- My team also performed advanced-level professional research and developmental work to evolve new methods of storing, manipulating, transforming, and presenting data by means of computerized information systems.
- Operational systems were evaluated and improvements were recommended along with defined objectives, and documented fact-finding and study results.
- All projects were delivered ahead of schedule. Served as backup for Production Control submitting jobs using Control-M.
Environment: COBOL, CICS, Confidential /Infor, TSO/ISPF, VSAM, IE, IntertestExpeditor, File-Aid, VISIO, IDCAMS, Abend-Aid