- ITIL Certified Microsoft BI Professional with 16 years of experience on multiple database and Business Intelligence platforms. Skilled in the methods and tools used in BI/DW Design, Development.
- Affectively played as Data Architect role in different flavors of domain like Oil and gas, Banking with vast knowledge on domain, data science and transformations.
- Ability to provide data for business purpose to increase customer satisfaction, identification of key performance indicators, product improvement, business decisions on growth, diversification of services, expenditure evaluation and risk assessment evaluation.
- Currently working as Senior Analyst from Confidential, implementing end to end Business Intelligence and Data warehouse solution.
Databases/RDBMS: SQL Server 2000 - 2016, Teradata
ETL: MSBI - SSIS
Programming: Visual basic, VB.Net, BTeq
OLAP/Reporting: Tableau, PowerBI, MSBI - SSAS and SSRS
Process and Change Management tools: Actualizing IT Solutions, IBM Design Thinking.
Confidential - Wilmington, DE
Senior Analyst - BI/DW
- Working with Small Business team in a Banking domain in the capacity of Senior Data Analyst, main goal is to deliver a reusable ETL and data quality framework.
- As part of Migration activities, Worked on Migrating SAS ETL scripts to BSH Scripts with Bteq.
- Involved in building new Datawarehouse and Data visualization reports using Teradata and Tableau in the area of Small Business Preferred rewards and BCS-ways to pay applications.
- Worked on Building Consent Data ware house for Deposit Accounts, involved in building ETL process to extract daily accounting transaction records and feed Consent data in the required format to the reporting team.
- Worked on migrating Legacy Small Business Banker Excel Reports to MicroStrategy reports, involved in building new Data modelling for migrated reports. Built new ETL process to pull Small Business Bankers data to the Data warehouse and Creating BTEQs, Tables, Views, stored procedures and JAMS setups.
- Worked in various automation processes for Finance Report Books, Deposits DW, Business Upgrade sales Data Refresh.
- As part of Business improvement process, time to time hold meetings with business stack holders and Users, based on inputs with respect to performance, efficiency about the Dashboards, perform thorough analysis on process improvements, optimization, plan, update related artifacts and implementation.
- Creating High Level Artifacts.
Environment: - Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Server, BTeq, JAMS scheduling tools, Tableau, MicroStrategy Reporting tools, SAS scripts.
Technical Team Leader - BI/DW
- Worked in Chemical and Petroleum Domain under various flavors of applications - Inventory systems, Whole sale Oil Pricing, Coop Marketing, Branded/Unbranded Sales and Peoplesoft. Also Involved in various Mainframe to Microsoft BI Migration Projects.
- Effectively involved in Major decision-making meetings with Sr Stack holders with respect to Pricing and Inventory Legacy system migration, analysis on Business criticality, high level documentation on Data lineage, Tech Design, Data remodeling.
- As part of cloud transformation initiatives to move Pricing applications (PROS) to cloud.
- As part of Migration projects, played as Data Transformation Architect in building operational data store and SSIS infrastructure to facilitate reporting, dashboards and ad-hoc analytics through SSRS. This included extract heterogeneous data from Legacy Mainframe Inventory and Sales Journal IMS Database to SQL server DataMart. Designed a centralized storage center to maintain 30 years of extracts to RDBMS SQL Server Database. As part of semantic discrepancies Resolution, Understand IMS Data base structure, designed an automated process to generate dynamic RDBMS data base table structure from the respective data dictionary documentation from Mainframe.
- Worked in building various Data warehouses and BI interfaces for Branded Whole sales from Legacy mainframe applications to Right Angle Pricing and PROS Pricing applications.
- Involved in building new Datawarehouse and Data visualization reports using SQL Server and PowerBI in many of the crude oil inventory applications.
- Involved in Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables and dimensional data modeling.
- Extensively worked in COOP marketing applications like AIR to Portal ETL in designing ETL to process 750 + .txt, .XML and .dat files each day from different Company Operated Vendors, extracts, integrate, tune and load data to Fuel Sales and Tank inventory SQL data marts which are in turn used to build many dashboard reports in Company’s Portal Website.
- Extensively worked with BizTalk interfaces to create various flavors of ETL process to move Peoplesoft related data from Oracle Data source to Maximo Applications and Third party vendor applications thru secure Data transfers.
- Domain knowledge of RIGHTANGLE, PROS, GECS (scheduler) software applications.
- Experience in creating high level data modelling in different levels of data stages, high level test cases for data validations, error handling, and corrective measures in error in each stage.
- Resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects.
- Develop and manage the BI dependency plan, job scheduling and cycle management, Performance monitoring and tuning.
- Coach team members on data acquisition techniques, decision rules and how to apply them.
- Establish and enforce technical standards for deliverables of projects in the team.
Environment: - SQL Server 2000 thru 2016 Database, DB2, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS 2008 thru 2016, PowerBI, GECS Scheduler, Cobol, IMS, Comparex, File systems, Oracle, Biztalk, VB.net.
Delivery Senior Software Engineer - BI/DW
- Worked in the capacity of Lead developer involved in various ETL design activities for Asset Management Domain, supporting Information Technology Outsourcing Asset Analysis Web-enabled data reporting tool.
- Involved in Migrating Legacy DTS process to Microsoft latest ETL versions which includes fine tuning, process optimization.
- Being part of integration team, worked to bring role-specific views together, information from various region-specific sources to centralized Asset management Datamart to provide data for various multidimensional drill down reports in one dashboard.
- Performing data Analysis for issue identification and provide recommended solutions.
- Involved in providing high level semantic layer maps for complex data, data flow sheets, functional requirements and Technical design documentation.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 and Business Intelligence Development Studio.