- Ability to maintain an internal focus on product development while keeping in tune with market demand and stakeholder expectations.
- Preparation and response to RFQs, RFPs and proposals, technical proposal evaluation, vendor site assessments, and vendor selection and contract negotiation.
- Managed contracts, subcontracts and programs of various types including Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF), Time and Material (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) efforts within regulations of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Extensive experience managing module and major system design, development, and production contracts and vendors (contract values exceeding $100 million). Costs of programs range from Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) Phase I topics at $80 thousand to prime contracts with the US Naval Contracts office (NAVSEA) in excess of $100 million.
- Extensive experience in leading development of requirements specifications, design specifications, test plans and procedures, implementation plans, and operation and maintenance plans and procedures. Familiar with Agile, Waterfall, and Spiral software development models.
- Received and reviewed RFIs, RFQs, and RFPs from prospective customers and developed proposal plans, outlines and schedules.
- Prepared questions for the potential client.
- Identified the resources needed to pursue a business opportunity.
- Overseer of bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies;
- Managed the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award.
- Assembled and reviewed the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, stakeholders, consultants, subcontractors, writers, editors, illustrators, proofreaders and quality control personnel.
- Evaluated proposal efforts during all phases of generation through sequential milestones associated with the Color Team or Shipley model.
- Worked with Business Development to prepare a proposal plan that meets the objectives of the RFP.
- Clearly define the Scope of Work and Deliverables to identify and clarifications or expectations within the RFP.
- Reviewed RFP documentation for special requirements.
- Provided guidance to proposal writers, financial analysts, and stakeholders throughout the generation of the proposal response to ensure accuracy of proposed technical and cost components.
- Prepare and lead the final Proposal submission.
- Defining and carrying out project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full - scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Maintain project momentum while effectively managing cost versus schedule.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the business area, both internal and external stakeholders.