- A goal - oriented and dynamic, Business Intelligence (BI) consultant with more than 14 years experience in analysis and development of client/server and data warehouse systems for Fortune 100 companies. Demonstrated the ability to handle small, mid-sized and large projects through all phases of the life-cycle, including business analysis, design, development and implementation successfully.
- Extensive experience in BI n-Tier, client/server and data warehouse systems using MicroStrategy 9.4.1/9.x/8.x, Cognos 10.x/8.x BI series, SAS EBI, OBIEE, Business Objects XI, Hyperion Systems 9, Oracle Forms & Reports 6i and Crystal Reports.
- Acquired a strong functional background of systems and business processes within the Health Care, Financial, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Logistics and Warehouse Management domains.
- MicroStrategy and Cognos certified BI Professional.
- Strong knowledge of SDK for BI tools using Programming Languages and scripting in IDE editors like Eclipse and Visual Studio, worked on Flex modules for MSTR flash dashboards, Customized Plug-ins, APIs and customized MSTR environments.
- Administered various BI environments including installation and up-gradations.
- Savvy team player possessing excellent interpersonal skills. In addition, led award-winning projects involving offshore/multi-site co-ordination, thus demonstrating the ability to build and motivate teams.
- Involved in business analysis and requirements gathering, including identification of facts, measures, dimensions and hierarchies for OLAP applications.
- Created SDLC documents including Project Charter, LOE, System Requirements (SRS), Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test Plans, System Design Documents (SDD), Meeting minutes and Peer Review logs, Technical Design, use and test cases using number of tools.
- Designed the Data warehouse Using ETL Tools like Cognos Decision Stream 7.x, Datastage 9 and Informatica 9.x/8.x.
- Strong database development experience in Teradata, DB2, Oracle 11/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server, Sybase and MS Access. PL/SQL using packages, procedures, functions, triggers.
- Very proficient in performance tuning and query cost based optimization (CBO) with utilities like Explain Plan and Sql*Trace.
- Extensive experience in Sun Solaris, Linux, IBM AIX and UNIX environments with shell scripting in Korn, C and Bourne shells and scheduling using cron.
- Build E-R Relationships using E-R Charts and Data Modeling Tools like Erwin.
- Provided production support and training to end-users.
- Experience with large batch systems and bulk processing.
CASE Tools: Rational Rose, ERWin
Configuration Management: Visual Source Safe, PVCS
Database: Oracle 8/9/10/11g, Teradata V2R5, DB2 UDB,SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
Operating System: Windows NT, 2000, XP, Unix (Solaris 8), AIX, Linux
BI Applications: MicroStrategy 7.x/8.x/9.x, Cognos 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 10.x, OBIEE, Hyperion Systems 9, Business Objects XI R2, SAS EBI, Oracle Forms and Reports 6i
ETL Tools: Cognos Decision Stream (Data Manager), OWB, Informatica 9.1.0, DataStage
Productivity Software: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Lotus Notes 6.5, MS Visio
Languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Studio .NET, SQL, XML, VB Script and Java Script
Web Servers: IIS, MTS 2.0, Tomcat and Web Sphere
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
- Collaborate with users to gather requirements, analyze and create supporting documentation of business process and flow.
- Develop architectural strategies for modeling, design, development, access, usage and implementation stages of the project.
- Worked with Administrators on implementing various MicroStrategy aspects like setup and configuration, schema design, SDK, security, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Designed and developed attributes, facts, logical views, transformations, dynamic dashboards, grids, graphs, documents, custom widget, visualization development and implementation.
- Upgraded MSTR Environment from 9.2.1 to 9.4.1 and modified objects to be in sync with the requirements.
- Worked on Visual Crossing maps in Dashboards.
- Customized MSTR environment by modifying xml and css files in MSTR using Eclipse.
- Worked in Eclipse to add new plug-ins and utilize Flex IDE module for Flash dashboards widgets in MSTR.
- Adhere to SDLC and 508 compliance standards
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Business Intelligence solutions and related components.
- Participated in ETL and data model approach/design for the enterprise data and made recommendations on enterprise architecture to support MicroStrategy architecture in close cooperation with the business analysis effort.
- Implemented best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management.
- Utilize various applications like MicroStrategy 9.4.1/9.2.1 , Eclipse, Java, Visual Crossing 3.x, Informatica, Quality Center, Oracle 11g, Unix, Windows, Java, Visio and MS products.
Lead Business Intelligence Consultant
- Requirements analysis, development and unit testing of Reports coded in MicroStrategy 9.3/9.x/8.x and Cognos 10.x, 8.4, 1.1 BI,SAS EBI .
- Design and developed Dashboards using MicroStrategy 9.x for CMS Programs as a part of government initiative and assisted CMS in making these Dashboards 508 compliant by providing necessary documents and equivalent support.
- Leveraged business knowledge and database structure to provide various training sessions to users on the layout of the database objects, implementing joins and generating queries for extracting required information and complex reports which involved multi-queries.
- Extensively used report services to create dashboards.
- Modified existing reports using VLDB properties for better performance.
- Generated Freeform SQL reports for faster and better performance of the system as per the user requirements.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse using Teradata SQL Assistant. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Analyzed database CPU/IO utilization for tuning reports SQL and implementing database index changes to facilitate query optimization
- Unit tested Reports and Packages using Upgrade Manager. Involved in Fixing and enhancing reports after up-gradation.
- Created advanced grid reports, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters and thus enabling end-users to generate ad-hoc report by drilling up, down, within and across dimension or anywhere.
- Used Report cache sharing and Data mart reports to enhance the Report response time.
- Ensured data accuracy within reports by verifying that proper tables are being used in queries when architecture changes take place.
- Worked extensively with ETL team in development of source to target mapping requirements and the instantiation of those requirements using Informatica ETL tool.
- Deployed Packages and Reports from DEV Environment to TST, VAL and PRD Environments.
- Prepared Technical Specification documents, Unit test documents and conducted walkthroughs.
- Provided training to the end users and team members.
Business Intelligence Technical Specialist / Team Lead
- Responsible for coordination of tasks with all the team members and database engineering team, meeting the deadlines, actively participating in resolving if any issues in both technical and functional.
- Participated in evaluation of MicroStrategy, OBIEE and Cognos applications (BI reporting tools).
- Worked with business product managers to understand customer-reporting requirements. Analyzed requirements and provided solutions for customers.
- Developed conditional, level and transformational metrics for the dashboard. Configured custom sub-total, dynamic aggregation, smart metrics, evaluation orders and thresholds in report development.
- Created Data Mart reports based on specific requirements and running the existing Data Mart reports for weekly and monthly loads. The result set of Data Mart reports was used as dataset of Trending Analysis Dashboards. Created dynamic dashboard reports in both DHTML and Flash modes per user’s requirements.
- Extensively worked on creating Metrics, Derived Metrics and Filters for Complex Reports.
- Built the MicroStrategy Schema including the Hierarchies, Facts, Attributes, transformations and child-parent relationships of attributes.
- Worked on Security Module to manage Users.
- Administered PVCS version manager.
- Designed and developed mappings (to implement business rules) to generate consolidated (fact/summary) or Detail data using Oracle Warehouse Builder ETL tool.
- Responsible for creation of Projects for different CDMS programs.
- Review the business requirements with the Analysts, Business Users and Developers to construct SQL queries for implementing the same in PL/SQL packages.
Programmer Analyst / Team Lead
- Analysis and design of the data mart. Worked extensively with the data team and business architects to understand the nature and source of data.
- Administered the Cognos ReportNet environment on Unix (AIX) and Windows Server 2003 environments. Kept track of and responded to system outages, investigated and resolved performance bottlenecks. Set up and provided report scheduling to customers.
- Prepared detailed test case scenarios and provided elaborate system documentation.
- Carried out system installation/upgrades. Provided hands-on support in facilitating the setup of ReportNet on Linux platform and in evaluating Cognos 8BI rollout for the group.
- Designed and developed ETL to process transactional system data into the datawarehouse. Developed OLAP scripts to generate data summaries needed for reporting using Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
- Designed and developed complex reports using ReportNet. Created reports such as List, Crosstab, Chart, etc., created and utilized customized toolbar widgets.
- Used Transformer and Powerplay to design, develop and deploy business data cubes.
- Used Metrics Manager to setup scorecards of business indices and overall system performance parameters.
- Involved in the Single sign-on implementation using web portal security bypassing the upfront using OS signons.
- Migrated Reportnet1.1 MR2 Reports to Cognos 8 BI.
- Participating in system implementation planning activities.
- Participating in development operational documentation for systems.
- Interacting with the users for understanding of Data Analysis and gathering business requirements.
- Prepared all the required documents for cognos objects like design documents, unit test plan documents, migration documents.
- Created Star Schema using fact and dimension Tables
- Created data aggregation, data extraction, and data staging using DecisionStream7.x.
- To identify data issues and efficiently communicate with source data experts.
- Experience in Multiple Platforms, Source/Destination Databases (e.g.: MFG Progress, Oracle, SQL Server)