- Over 13+ years of IT experience in Secondary Mortgage, Retail, Warehouse Management, Supply Chain Management and Healthcare (Pharmacy Benefit Management systems).
- Held positions as a Data/System Analyst, Techno - Functional Consultant, Test lead and QA Tester.
- 7+ Years of Client facing and Project Management Experience. Managed a team of 10+ members.
- Over 10 years of experience working on Oracle 11g/ 10g, SQL server 2000/7.0, DB2, MS Access 7.0/’97/2000
- Over 9 years of experience using the full system development lifecycle including Business/ Data Requirement Analysis, Quality Assurance, Development, Report Writing, Technical writing, support and installation
- SAFe® 4 Certified Scrum Master
- HDP Certified with in-depth understanding in Data Ingestion, Data Transformation and Data Analysis Techniques using Pig 0.12, Hive 1.1 and Sqoop 1.4.5
- Key responsibilities include understanding Client’s expectations/requirement, Architecting, Designing and Development of various application.
- Working knowledge on different data sources ranging from flat files, Excel, Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Server, DB2 databases, XML, iSeries physical files.
- Demonstrated expertise in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC): System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment, support, documentation & Configuration Management
- Experience working with data modelers to provide a clear understanding of data relationships and cardinality. Working with the data modeler to ensure the model correctly expresses the data requirement.
- Adept at handling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to deliver solutions from conceptual stage to delivery to end user.
- Excellent troubleshooting and issue resolution skills with good turnaround time.
- Resolution of critical issues through logic and sound reasoning while focused on goals. Ability to work independently and manage business expectations with a delivery-focused approach to work.
- Good Understanding on both Waterfall and Agile methodology
- High Quality Project delivery under stringent timelines and high pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000 , MYSQL 4/5X,DB2, Sybase IQ, MS Access, DB2 for iSeries
Languages: VB Script 5.0, PL/SQL 8.x/2.2, C, C++, C#, CL/400COBOL/400, SQL/400, Query/400, SQLRPGLE, RPG-Free, ILE RPG/RPGIV, RPG/400, ILE CL
DB Tools: Embarcadero Rapid SQL, SQL Developer, SQL * Loader, SSIS
Other Tools: Jira, Confluence, Service now, Remedy, RLU, SDA, SEU, FTP, Aldon, Hawkeye, Aplus, Putty
Reporting Tools: MicroStrategy, Tableau
- Worked effectively with the business, subject matter experts, to analyze business processes and changes that enabled the business to function more effectively.
- Worked on a Data Migration project, analyze the existing application’s information by understanding the data transition between systems.
- Provided solutions to complex user issues through analysis and report development.
- Facilitated and directed the data analysis and reporting process. Generated Daily/Monthly Reports, which aided business and high-level stakeholders to identify data discrepancies across systems.
- Supervised with onshore and offshore test team leads to guide all testing resources to follow testing best practices, understand the strength of each test team members and assigned testing assignments base on their strength.
- Managed the tasks of the all the onshore and offshore testing resources.
- Led daily status call with onshore and offshore testing team to address any questions during test preparation, product testing and open defects.
- Responsible for assisting QA testing with Clear documentation of data mapping and transition procedures.
- Write SQL code to create remediation tables for the missing data at source & destination
- Status tracking of Monthly, quarterly & annual goals and status update to senior management.
Database Test Lead /QA Tester
- Analyzed the existing application’s information by understanding the data transition between systems.
- Experience in leading interactions with the business users to break down business requirements into Information/Data requirements, including transformation logic.
- Convert the business requirements to technical/ETL specifications and applied the business rules during development.
- Test Data Management - Data creation, masking sensitive fields and loading masked data to non-production environment
- Data Manufacturing - Creation of production like data in Test Environment.
- Accrued In-Depth understanding and POC for applications dealing with Datawarehouse and CDW.
- Responsible for performing the management functions of planning, coordinating, implementing and controlling related to various data quality assessment tasks.
- Extensively involved in managing UAT sessions, Test planning, Test design, writing Test cases, Test automation, Test execution and related artifacts.
- Interacted with business users, system analysts and technical teams for obtaining details about the requirements and to come up with the best solutions for design
- Manufacturing data and Performed end-to-end testing in a newly developed Tax Based system
- Extensively worked on various data sources DB2, Oracle, XML/Flat files and loaded into MS-Excel/MS-Access to analyze the data.
- Experience in using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard and SSIS Package Designer.
- Experience in importing/exporting data between different sources like Oracle/Access/Excel etc. using SSIS/DTS utility.
- Prepared the High-Level Design document to provide an overview of the technical design
- Worked & managed the technical team (Informatica ETL developers, DB2 & Oracle DBA’s) to create the test environment (test bed) and automate the process which helps testing teams (SIT) or UAT teams to test the all the scenarios for the accounting events easily.
- Experience in using reporting tool like Microstrategy and Tableau to generate report for business.
- Mentoring Team members on various technical, domain and process related tools & techniques.
- Responsible for coordination, task assignment, task management within the team.
- Assist business users in data analysis during UAT and for production issues.
- Responsible for gathering business requirement and preparing Business Requirement Document for migrating current OMS system.
- Prepared the impact assessment, Conceptual design, Architectural Solution Design, Technical Design.
- Lead System analyst for migration of legacy AS400 OMS system (DB2) to Sterling based OMS System (Oracle).
- Responsible for preparing functional design document and test cases as well as test strategy document.
- Responsible for User Acceptance Testing and End to end testing by interacting with various stakeholders from different application
- Good knowledge of the legacy Order management system and provide clarification for sterling team on current business flow.
- Interact with the both the functional and technical team frequently to come up with the best ETL solutions
- Convert the business requirements to technical/ETL specifications and applied the business rules during development
- Tuned the ETL processes for better performance by identifying the bottlenecks at the source and target databases, mapping and task levels and optimized them by implementing best solutions.
- Involved in Migrating the code to higher environments and supported operations and maintenance for the application.
- Developed Stored Procedures on Oracle as needed to Extract, Transform and load the data from multiple source systems to the enterprise data warehouse.
- Involved in analyzing the bugs, performance of PL/SQL Queries and provided solutions to improve the same.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Senior Systems Architect/Consultant in a 10-member onshore team and 25-member offshore team, performing system architectural changes, conceptual/technical design of business requirements, as part of enhancing the current RxCLAIM™ adjudication system of the client.
- Worked closely with client to understand the requirement and to propose the most cost/resource efficient design solution
- Developing Integrated system design of various components of the Pharmacy Benefit Management system.
- Analyzing requirement specifications and delivering corresponding techno-functional solution specifications on various areas in the Pharmacy Benefit Management domain.
- Engaged in a technically challenging assignment of integrating the upstream/downstream applications with the new proposed system design.
- Worked closely with client to understand the requirement and to propose the most cost/resource efficient design solution
- Restructured the database (DB2) connected to an in-house application and introduced a data replication tool called MIMIX, thus improving the performance by 90%.
- Ensured smooth data migration across systems.
- Analyzed the dependencies of the data load and scheduled the sessions by running them sequentially and in parallel for optimization
- Converted programs in the legacy application to DB2 Stored procedures for performance improvement and insured/validated that they meet the requirements.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of Month-end jobs and improve their performances by enhancing the PL/SQL queries involved.
Technical Lead /Sr. Consultant
- Get the application maintenance knowledge transitioned from the previous supporting vendor and to prepare the system appreciation document
- Involved in created the process flow for the entire system dealing with application running on different platforms.
- Train, develop and support offshore resources for the application support
- Involved in production support, trouble-shooting the day to day issues of the application, Supporting 2 major warehouse and around 11 distribution centers across US
- Responsible for gathering Business requirements from end users and converting them into functional/technical requirements.
- Working closely with business and provided system support while setting up new distribution centers.
- Involved in writing test cases Unit Testing, Integration Testing, UAT Testing.
- Involved in Migrating the code to the production environment and supported the application for stability
- Analyzed and solved the bugs/defects opened by the testers and end users and documented them for future assistance
- Worked on the defect handling system (Mercury Quality Center 9.0) to handle the defects and maintain the history
- Created stored procedures to transfer data from legacy DB2 application to Informatica based ETLs on a regular basis. Also, involved in ETL validations during End-to-End data transfers.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Technical Consultant (Support/Maintenance/Development)
- Interact with end users in Japan as part of requirements management and implementation support. Responsible for design, development and implementation at offshore
- Single point of contact for supporting the existing item level assortment planning module, as part of Island Pacific’s planning and supply chain system
- Preparing approach documents for new business requirements
- Enhancement Development / Bug Fix Report for clients/higher management
- Was part of the AS/400 Center of Excellence (COE); provided technical guidance and to various project teams across different development centers in India.
- Understanding the problem reported by customer, impact analysis and issue resolution, on time, meeting the Service Level Agreement (SLA) deadlines agreed with the customer
- Development, Maintenance and customize tools in AS/400. Modified existing RPG/400, CL400 programs as per the design to meet business requirement
- Extensive data analysis on databases connected to various front-end application. Written/Maintained stored procedures that get triggered from various events from different application connected to the DB2 server.
- Ensure quality of the deliverables with 0% schedule deviation
- Executed one phase of the project in fixed-price mode with a penalty clause, and exceeded customer’s expectations. Achieved 92% improvement in system performance of a critical operation, through effective design backed by sound functional knowledge and technical expertise