- A result oriented Software QA Professional with 14+ years of experience in the field of IT industry.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) with automated testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) and NeoCertify
- Experienced in building automation frameworks from scratch using data driven and hybrid frameworks
- Experienced in developing and maintaining overall test methodology and strategy, documenting Test plans and Test cases, executing Tests cases and Test scripts using both manual & automated test tools.
- Sound knowledge of REST API/web services testing using TestNG with Java, Postman, Swagger and cloud technologies like AWS.
- Experienced in managing teams of 4 to 16 members both onsite and offshore.
- Tracking, managing, authoring, executing and prioritizing Test Cases.
- Sound operational knowledge of the Testing Life Cycle and role of QA in Manual and Automated Testing with experience in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Conducting various types of testing like Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Scenario Testing, Integration Testing, Back End Testing, Black Box Testing, Mobile Testing, Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Reporting defects in Error Tracking Systems like Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, JIRA, etc, discussing details and defect review after each fix.
- Developing Proof of Concepts (POCs) across various projects to evaluate the feasibility of test automation solutions.
- Creating effort estimates and Return Over Investments (ROI) for various automation projects.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, one on one interviews and meetings with business users.
- Experienced in creating artifacts like Use Cases, BRDs, DFDs, Prototypes and BPMs
- Familiar in Team Management, Project tracking, Risk management, etc
- Sound knowledge of domains like Pension (NeoSpin Framework), DMV and airline domain - booking, scheduling, ticketing, fares, codeshare, cascade reaccomodation, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, JSON, Python
Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, TOAD
Testing Tools: Rational Functional Tester, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Requisite Pro, QTP, LoadRunner, Selenium, Qmetry, JIRA, RestAssured, Appium, Postman, TestNG, Jenkins, Zephyr, Bugzilla, Remedy, Visio, NeoTrack
Version Control Tools: SVN, Microsoft Visual Source Safe
Web Servers: BEA WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile-Scrum
- Designing and developing a keyword driven test automation framework with Page Object Model for UI automation using Selenium WebDriver with Java, Maven and Jenkins for CI/CD
- Coordinating the testing efforts and leading a team of System Testers (both onsite and offshore).
- Creation and execution of test scenarios and test cases for LOB UI screens with both Manual and Automated Testing (UI and BackEnd).
- Performing automated testing of RestAssured APIs/Webservices for the Member portal using Postman, AWS, Swagger and TestNG with Java and JSON.
- Logging defects and tracking them to closure using NeoTrack and JIRA.
- Running SQL queries to obtain test data using SQL Server.
- Creation of test plans, reports and Traceability Matrix.
- Leading Defect Triage meetings with developers and testers.
- Performing POCs for member portal UI testing and mobile testing using Selenium Webdriver with Python and Appium.
- Managing and participating in early exposure of functionality to the client.
- Supporting the client during User Acceptance Testing and Post Go Live activities.
- Working in the R&D team to explore new ways for improving the testing practices and methodologies in the organization.
- Lead meetings with client subject matter experts (SMEs) to elicit, clarify, and confirm business requirements
- Act as a liaison in the functional team between product owners and technical teams to facilitate Joint Application Design sessions (JAD), thus finalizing business requirements for development.
- Identify process improvements and facilitate reengineering of business processes
- Prepare Business Process Management (BPM) maps
- Design user interface prototype screens and navigational flows
- Prepare design specification artifacts defining business rules, outbound communications, reports, and input / output files.
- Work with external vendors in identifying and providing feedback related to issues from Interface files
- Design and document detailed business requirements from use cases and user requirements.
- Perform Requirements & Gap Analysis in order to create functional designs and prototypes for development teams.
- Coordinating the testing effort of the User Acceptance Testing team.
- Participating in the entire testing life cycle using an Agile approach.
- Creating an automation framework using Rational Functional Tester (RFT) with Java to perform regression testing and database testing.
- Creating and executing automation scripts for the project.
- Managing a team of 12 State employees to help with the preparation works for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinating with developers and DBAs for un-interrupted builds & test cycles.
- Preparing & reviewing weekly status with key project stake holders (Client partners & IT Directors).
- Participating in defect triage meetings to perform root cause analysis of defects.
- Identifying and reporting of defects in Rational Clear Quest (CQ) and tracking them to closure.
- Coordinating with Business Analysts to track & close open issues related to requirements and business rules using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Creating and reviewing test cases and test scenarios using Zephyr.
- Implementing & sharing project’s best practices.
- Managing a team of 16 offshore resources and providing technical support to the Automation Testing Team.
- Developing Proof of Concepts (POCs) for three projects and building prototypes for test automation using Selenium, QTP and RFT.
- Creating effort estimates for automation testing and generating Return Over Investments (ROI).
- Gathering requirements from Rational Requisite Pro and identifying suitable areas for test automation
- Developing automation frameworks for mainframe testing for the project Websphere Customer Center Automation (WCC) using RFT.
- Creating and reviewing automation test scripts using Rational Functional Tester.
- Performing web services testing using SOAP UI for the Provider Finder project.
- Creating Test Plans, Test cases, Test scripts and executing them using Rational Quality Manager.
- Logging of defects in Rational Clear Quest and tracking them to closure
- Triaging of defects found and performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Creation of Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure coverage of requirements with test cases.
- Preparation of test data using SQL and other test artifacts.
- Preparation of test execution reports and presenting them to stake holders.