- Highly proficient in HL7 and EDI X12 analysis, implementation of interfaces using various SDLC methodologies, business tools and Integration engines such as Mirth, Cloverleaf and IBM Integration Bus, working on various projects within the HL7 domain including migration projects from legacy systems, implementation of new interfaces and enhancement of existing interfaces.
- Highly experienced in healthcare IT standards such as HIPAA, LOINC, ICD - 9/ICD-10; HL7 message types (ADT, ORM, DFT, MDM and ORU) Meaningful use stage 1 and stage 2
- Profound expertise on working with EDI X12, CDA, CCD, CCR, DICOM and RIM.
- Proficiency on workflows in hospital environments ie Ambulatory, Acute, Revenue cycle
- Knowledge of various HL7 EMR systems such as All Scripts Meditech, Siemens, McKesson, Cerner, Sunquest
- Experience in writing SQL queries and database validation and setting up RDS on AWS platform
- Strong knowledge on HL7 standards (v 2.3 through FHIR), HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act), PPACA (Patient protection and affordable care act), LOINC and SNOMED.
- Experience creating LOINC/SNOMED Vocabulary Mapping based on State Reportable Conditions.
- Expertise in assisting during the training of EHRS MU Stage 1 & 2.
- Experience in establishing communication between systems through connectivity methods such as TCP/IP and FTP using HL7 lower layer transfer protocol or flat file from clients RIS / HIS or PM systems
- Experienced in forward mapping (conversion of ICD-9 to ICD-10 standards).
- Expertise uploading ICD messages into the server (SMS) and sending Customized ACK/ NACK Messages back to the sending system (TCP/IP Connection and Java Script).
- Identifying and Deleting duplicate records from inbound messages in Mirth Connect.
- Mapping inbound HL7 Messages to hospital’s EHR Systems and other target applications as per the Design.
- Mapping patient vital sign information to outbound OBX segment (HL7 V2.X).
- Working on Channels (Source connections, Filters, Transformers, Destination connection) in Mirth Connect
- Using the Mirth Connects Server Manager and Mirth Administrator for various troubleshooting activities
- Knowledge in SQL reporting and experienced in integrating different hospital service lines
- Extremely comfortable working in EMR Healthcare applications, which involves patients, Guarantors, Interested parties, Payers and Physician Directory.
HL7 Versions: V2.3, V2.4, V2.5, V3, FHIR
Operating Systems: MS Windows
HL7 Integration Engines: Mirth, Info Cloverleaf, Core point, WBMB
EHR/EMR: Allscripts, Epic, Cerner, GE Centricity, Athena Health
Languages: XML, Java script, SQL, JSON, PHP
Office tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, FTP, MS Outlook, MS Project, VISIO
HL7 Integration Specialist
- Provide business and technical expertise as well as direct support as needed for applications and interfaces.
- Working in defining and planning the project scope
- Converting HL7 V.2 messages to XML format to facilitate proper mapping onto the CDA document templates.
- Participate in requirement gathering and analysis by directly interacting with client/ vendor team
- Perform Gap Analysis on vendor requirements for creating new interfaces and enhancing existing interfaces.
- Engage in meetings to create and get approval for specification documents from various teams
- Use Remedy application (tool) for issues and ticket tracking, as well as for change management process.
- Work on interface SDLC process including planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Modify existing Mirth Connect channels as per client specification documents.
- Work on message formatting, mapping and transformation to ensure the HL7 messages conform to the destination application and end user requirements.
- Provide RESTful/SOA Service integration, unit & integration testing to HIE using HTTP/Webservices conenctor
- Work on HL7 inbound and outbound interfaces through Mirth Connect
- Managed various interface messages and triggers such as A01, A02, A03, A04, A05, A06, A07, A08, and other types of HL7 messages; ADT, ORM, ORU, DFT.
- Responsible for performing system testing and integration testing with the help of application teams.
- Worked on Meaningful Use (MU) stage 2 deliverables such as Patient Portal, CDA and CCDA implementations.
- Helped in resolving issues and providing technical and business solutions.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
HL7 Integration Engineer
- Researched vendor specifications, created and tested HL7 ORM (Order), ORU (Result) and DFT interfaces.
- Performed analysis, design, programming, and testing on Lab and EMR applications, and interfaces
- Worked on both real-time, batch file and web-service protocols
- Designed and developed HL7 interfaces from various vendor specifications for internal and external lab
- Used Mirth Integration Engine and other tools for connectivity and custom interface transformations/mapping
- Maintained Interfaces and developed new interfaces on the Mirth Integration Engine
- Developed and supported integrations for many diverse EMR and Lab applications
- Researched specifications for the upgrades and implementations of applications and interfaces to
- Researched, developed and implement FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources),
- Implement CCD and CDDA standards to provide better continuity of care for patients.
- Uploaded ICD messages into the server (SMS) and sending Customized ACK/ NACK Messages back to the sending system (TCP/IP Connection and Java Script).
- Creating PDF forms (patient vital information).
- Identified and Deleted duplicate records from inbound messages in Mirth Connect.
- Mapped inbound HL7 Messages to hospital’s EHR Systems and other target applications as per the Design.
- Mapped patient vital sign information to outbound OBX segment (HL7 V2.X).
- Worked on Channels (Source connections, Filters, Transformers, Destination connection) in Mirth Connect
Confidential, Cerritos, CA
- Involved in the development of Business and Technical Requirements Document (BTRD) and Business System Design (BSD) document for the project
- Studied existing business application and processes, current source system, collected end user requirements and suggested the improvised business process model.
- Analyzed the "As is" and "To be" system documents to show the current and proposed Gap Analysis of client requirements, generated workflow process, flow charts and relevant artifacts.
- Worked as a liaison between the business and technical side to convey the business needs Captured information from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services enrollment forms.
- Involved with cross-functional teams, developed new ways to boost efficiency and delivered results in a fast- changing environment to achieve company goals.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use case
- Provided support during testing, go-live, and post-go live.
- Created and maintained interface specifications, which contained implementation information such as workflow specifics, and data mapping instructions.
- Updated HL7 interfaces to align with various initiatives including, Meaningful Use Stage 2, ICD-9 to ICD-10 conversions, HL7 v 2.3 to HL7 v 2.5.1 upgrades, and numerous EMR replacements and upgrades.
- Utilized Visio to design & update the data flow of new & existing interfaces for various facilities
- Was responsible for workflow design and implementation of interfaces from kick-off to post-live
- Designed, documented, developed, tested and maintained HL7 interfaces for Ambulatory EHR (Allscripts Touch Works, and Cerner) utilizing Mirth Connect interface engine
- Managed mappings for HL7 interfaces to ensure accurate delivery, loading/maintaining compendium Monitored and reported progress to all stakeholders throughout the project
- Acted as a technical touchpoint for all interface related issues for the end users
- Analyzed business Requirement Specifications (BRS) and Function Requirement Specifications (FRS) to understand business rules of application.
- Created "As- Is to be" business Models to understand the existing claim settlement process flow through interacting with SMEs, Underwriters, Actuaries and Finance Department.
- Worked on HL7 inbound and outbound interfaces. Define data specifications and map out data crosswalks. Understanding of interface messages and triggers such as A04, A08, A34, and A17, Merge messages, appointments, and other types of HL7 messages; ORM, ORU, DFT, MDM and MFN.
- Worked on Mirth Connect Dashboard, Channels, transformers, XSLT and filters.