- Accomplished Financial Services IT professional with hands - on experience in data warehousing, business analysis, application support and software development.
- Strong emphasis on process improvement and proven ability to manage people and projects successfully.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills required to interface with senior management.
- Significant experience in many areas of financial services including fixed income, equities, private banking, retail banking, asset management and insurance.
Confidential, Fresh Meadows, NY
Director of Operations
- Built luxury travel and award brokerage from the ground to over $6 Million in annual sales.
- Creating complex inventory and CRM tool.
- Help business and individuals optimize award earnings and redemptions.
- Manage travel for several companies.
Confidential, New York, NY
Assistant Vice PresidentResponsibilities:
- Analyzed business issues and create technical solutions for hedge fund accounting clients. This included developing data models, functional requirements documents and architecting database solutions.
- Used agile methodologies to break tasks into stories and facilitated daily scrum calls.
- Developed security and account level Master Data Management (MDM) reports as well as ETL to ensure proper versioning.
- Managed a team of 3 offshore developers.
- Developed custom built ETL interfaces from databases and files to load a Netezza high performance data warehouse. These consisted of shell scripts which run complex SQL scripts.
- Migrated existing actuate reports,Sybase backend, to the data warehouse. Developed new dashboard and report queries.
- Provided level two support for data warehouse production issues. Tuned and performance tested existing interfaces in order to provide optimal performance.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Assistant Vice President
- Supported emerging markets, supranational, swap, US Treasury and CDS trading systems along with Bloomberg, Tradeweb and ION. Developed processes to streamline support activity. Regression tested system for releases including test trading on Bloomberg and Tradeweb. Developed processes to ensure seemless around the sun handoff. This reduced handoff related incidents by 65%.
- Led global support improvement initiative. Trading system is based on Windows platform using Sybase database. Managed and created autosys jobs. Create scripts to monitor the health of the system. Resolve trade flow issues. Interface between traders and developers to develop requirements for new functionality to the system. Managed release of code from development to UAT and then to production. Ensured environmental stability for testing. Migrated system off of 40 legacy servers onto new hardware, increasing system stability by 50%. Managed Jira queue and create incident reports out of Qlikview.
Confidential, New Jersey
Director of Data Warehousing
- Created complex reports in Microsoft Reporting Services from a variety of source systems including clinical information, Remedy, human resources, benefits and P&L. Source systems included both Oracle and SQL Server databases. Created complex stored procedures to extract data for reports. Created OLAP in MS Analysis Services, using MDX.
- Created ETL system for SQL Server data warehouse with source systems including Oracle GL, AP, Payroll and smartlinx using SSIS.
- Led companywide effort to develop enterprise-wide data warehouse encompassing all areas including finance, census, general ledger, human resources, clinical information, and accounts receivable. Performed analysis to construct entity diagrams and requirements and create data models..
Assistant Vice President
- Developed perl scripts embedded with Oracle database queries to monitor the health of the system. Wrote complex queries and stored procedures to manage the trading system.
- Managed new compliance projects for fixed income cross product data warehouse. Performed business analysis and implementation of all new compliance projects. Developed reports in Business Objects. Troubleshooted and created perl ETL scripts that managed and loaded the data warehouse from numerous sources including Oracle, Sybase, SQl Server, DB2, UDB and flat files. Managed project to convert ETL from perl to Informatica.
- Managed and supported commercial paper and agency discount note data warehouse. Developed reports in Business Objects 6.5 and XI R2. Managed migration of reports and universe from Business Objects 6.5 to XI R2. Reports included position, sales, customer trade and P&L reporting. Created OLAP in Analysis Services with Alphablox on the front end.
- Supported commercial paper and agency discount note trading system and associated ECNs, Bloomberg and Tradeweb, with $40 billion in daily trade volume. Resolved issues for front end system,and middle and back office issues. Created P&L and risk reconciliation reports. Dealt directly with traders, sales people, operations and back office.
- Led fixed income QA initiative. Ran QA for Commercial Paper, Discount Notes, Sales, and Credit Derivatives systems which resulted in an 80 percent reduction in post release bugs. Used Mercury Quality Center as test and requirements repository and Mercury QTP for automated testing.
- US Fixed Income release manager. Implemented policies and procedures as part of a global effort to standardize releases which resulted in 75% less post release incidents. Coordinating standardization of UAT and Production environments for New York and London.
- Led cross product fixed income production services initiative. Obtained buy in for production services from senior sales and trading management, operations and development. Major contributor on key steering committees for SLAs, incident and release management. Set and implemented firm production services policies and procedures using ITIL standards. Instituted new change and incident management procedures, which reduced average incident downtime by 50 percent. Created fixed income service level agreements and operation level agreements. Mandated ticket creation for all support issues. This resulted in an average of 135 support tickets on a daily basis across all systems. This was the foundation for a comprehensive incident library which allowed us to prioritize development issues and resulted in a 50% increase in productivity for both development and support by highlighting crucial production issues which allowed us to create better QA and incident handling procedures.
- Restructured support teams for greater efficiency and backup coverage through cross training and runbook development. Directly managed 5 employees and matrix managed an additional 6 in user support for all fixed income cash trading systems and for some derivative systems. These platforms process over $300 billion in daily trade and allocation volume. Managed 2 person production support team. Managed one data warehouse developer.
- Heavily involved in recruiting and interviewing.