- Significant Financial Services, Investment Banking/ Confidential, Credit cards, Payments and Insurance business (including P&C) and Technology, Architecture, product design, development and delivery expertise: NASD certified (Series 7,6 & 63).
- Significant experience aligning business and technology strategies, laying out roadmaps to ensure alignment with business strategy and leading organizational change to implement same; establishing governance and processes to inspect and approve solution architectures for alignment, regulatory compliance, security and client usability.
- Demonstrated leadership in Business & Technology Strategy and Transformation, Architecture, development and change management with experience starting and leading Innovation within Investment Banking/Financial Services.
- Significant experience defining, reviewing, and recommending architecture and technology standards and exceptions from the standard globally and reviewing IT projects to assure compliance with architecture & technology standards.
- Significant experience developing and leading development of Enterprise Architecture framework, Application, data and infrastructure architectures and global governance procedures, leading and supporting the development of current state and future state architecture models and migration plans.
- Significant experience re - engineering and transforming legacy and outdated silo-ed systems to SOA-based technologies and architectures, integrating these with Mobile, Social and eCom client facing systems.
- Demonstrated Exec - Level Management Consulting and Program experience in Investment Banking with the ability to communicate comfortably with senior business stakeholders and the CTO/CIO levels.
- Proven experience facilitating sessions with senior executives to clarify and gain insight into business capabilities and processes using methodologies such as the IBM Component Business Model (CBM) to help clients optimize both internal and external dimensions of the business, identify the enterprise-wide processes, and the business components that deliver marketplace differentiation, margin growth or maintenance and which offer significant cost and capital optimization opportunities.
- Significant experience starting and leading Innovation efforts; identifying & capitalizing on emerging technology trends; and leading a focused development efforts to define and incubate new ideas as prototypes and proofs of concept in partnership with our business stakeholders within Investment Banking/Financial Services.
- Significant experience leading Regulatory Compliance/Risk Assessment programs and familiarity with emerging regulatory regimes: Financial Services/Insurance: PCI, FINRA/NASD Series 7, 6, 63.
- Significant experience scoping, leading, delivering large ($50M-$200m) IT programs with significant organizational impact. Led multi-company, cross-functional technical teams across multiple domains, multiple geographies, to deliver integrated client solutions that achieve measurable business results.
- Proven VP Engineering/CTO experience managing software development at the CTO/VP engineering level for: ISVs Enterprise Application Packages; Internet Middleware Systems; Custom Application Development; Shrink-wrapped software packages and embedded software systems for hand-held devices, for telecom, cellular and wireless systems.
- Demonstrated experience-leading development with C/C++, JAVA J2EE and .NET, using SOA and frameworks for integration with business components and partners, transaction processing, web-based interactive applications, relational databases and full lifecycle development with direct experience in providing application architecture and design to development teams.
- Significant experience leading architecture and development of eCom B2B, B2C Platforms; deploying Platforms, Cloud/SaaS -based Solutions; development of Mobile Apps. Owned development programs for large scale Applications and Systems development with back-end enterprise applications integration including: ERPs (SAP, PeopleSoft), and CRMs.
- Strong abilities in growing and nurturing an engineering team to excel. Experience building organizations from early stage to larger-scale enterprises.
- Have implemented agile methodologies when appropriate. PMO skills. Deployed development methodologies, including agile and procedures for attaining CMMI certification.
- Trained in TOGAF, PMP, ITIL and Six Sigma-lite best practices.
- Developed the business plan, business model and go to market approach. Identified and explored partnerships with leading IT service providers to banks to complement and augment their current IT Services offering to these banks with an Innovation Service offering.
- Formed alliances with key academic institutions, and select startups to garner access to emerging technologies and trends of keen interest to banks.
- Identified areas of focus driven by the banks’ business needs that includes: Big Data: Client Data Analytics, Rates Flow Analytics, Data Visualization and Voice Activated search.
- Emerging Payments Technologies; Mobile Payment Solutions; Client Centric Research; Channel Integration, Executive tools and Dashboards; eCom to Mobile transformation and Cloud/SaaS Solutions.
- Currently leading the effort to market ‘Innovation-as-a Service to CEOs, COOs and Chief Innovation Officers to major banks.
Head, Co-innovation Program
- Proposed to the bank and obtained approval for the establishment of an Innovation Lab, outside the bank, to explore how the bank might collaborate with and benefit from innovation emanating from the lab and how such an effort might work.
- Defined, designed, and with financing secured from a strategic partner, stood-up and led a Co-innovation lab, establishing an entrepreneurial environment to explore with partners and academia, emerging technologies and trends, and apply these to solve real bank problems in a way the bank cannot do today.
- Established in London, and led the first Co-innovation Lab for this bank, with a focus on shortening the time from a business idea to the realization of business value. Recruited and hired the team, and worked iteratively with business stakeholders to transform their business ideas into tangible prototypes, and products.
- Projects were business stakeholder needs driven and focus on: Client Research; emerging technologies in the areas of: Client Data Analytics, Rates Flow Analytics, Data Visualization and Voice Activated search; Emerging Payments Technologies; Mobile Payment Solutions; transforming eCom client and Sales team facing solutions to mobile Apps (iPad) platform for access by clients and internal parties alike; Executive and Sales/Coverage Tools; Operations Tools; Strategic Programs that included prototyping a Client Coverage Framework;
Sr. Director, Architecture
- Led enterprise and solution architecture reviews and approval process for compliance, reusability, use of key technologies, design patterns, appropriate security, regulatory compliance, and client data specifications were utilized and implemented.
- Ensured through appropriate reviews, that solutions: met requirements, were in accord with customer and business needs; were consistent with enterprise architecture roadmaps, employed approved technologies in solutions, and use of non-standard technologies were pre-approved.
- Mentored Solution Architects across APAC deployed on multiple solutions across different lines of business. Owned final approval of solutions developed by these architects.