- Power Bi and SQl Developer with strong experience with Microsoft Technologies, Data warehousing & Business Intelligence systems with extensive knowledge on T - SQL programming, Data Analysis, BI Reporting and developing Data Driven solutions.
- 6+ years of experience in Data Analysis, Design and Modeling across various industries, clients and geographies.
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and Database design for Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP).
- Experience in Requirement gathering, system analysis, handling business and technical issues and communicating with both business and technical users.
- Experienced Data Modeler with strong conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modeling skills, Maintaining Data Quality, Creating data mapping documents and writing functional specifications and queries
- Experience in designing Star Schema, Snowflake Schema for Data Warehouse and ODS architecture.
- Well versed in Normalization/DeNormalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Expert on Logical and Physical designing like tables, Constraints and Index ER Studio and SQL Modeler.
- Experienced in management and implementation of database models, dataflow diagrams, database schemas and scripts to support a robust data management infrastructure.
- Excellent team player to work in conjunction with Business Analysts, support teams, subject matter experts, database administrators, ETL team and database developers.
- Experience in Relational Data Modeling (3NF) and Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Expert in Design, Implementation, Data Migration, Support and Maintenance of Data Marts and Enterprise Data Warehouse using Microsoft BI, Business Objects, & BI tools.
- Strong experience on writing T-SQL Queries and Query optimization, developing ETL (Extract,Transform & Load) strategies.
- Strong experience with SQL Server Development and Implementation of Business Intelligence systems with SSIS, SSAS (Multidimensional and Tabular Model).
- Expertise and understanding of database designs, relational integrity constraints, OLAP, OLTP, Multi-Dimensional Cubes, Tabular Cubes and normalizations.
- Expertise in Enterprise Reporting Solutions which involves Report Design and Data Modelling using Advanced Excel techniques and Microsoft Power- BI Dashboard.
- Proficient in using MS SQL Server, BI stack, Power BI, and Tableau in large and complex environments.
- Proficient knowledge of data warehousingmethodologies and concepts, including star schema, snowflake schema, ETL processes, dimensional modeling, and reporting tools.
- Experience in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and maintenance) using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience in writing complex technical specifications detailing data transformations, business rules and workflows.
- Expertise in collaborating with stakeholders in gaining understanding of their analytical needs, brainstorming on the design and implementation, and providing solutions.
- Extensive experience as a BI Architect for Business Information Systems, focusing on Database Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Application Integration, Software Design, Programming & Data representation.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse/Data Mart concepts and expertise in Data Modeling for OLAP & OLTP systems from design and analysis to implementation including the conceptual, Logical & Physical Data Models.
- Expert in Configuration Management, Identifying and controlling the release of a product and its changes. Ensuring completeness and consistency of product among components. Managing the process and tools used for builds and making sure every defect has traceability back to the source.
- Experience in all phases of the Systems Life Cycle including project definition, analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support.
- Extensive experience in using BI Admin Tools for administration & BI Report Designers for design /development.
- Expertise in designing Interactive Analytics, incorporating many user friendly capabilities such as filters, prompts, navigation & drill-down/drill-up, Complex/Standard Analytics using multiple Views.
- Very Good understanding of Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon Methodologies for Dimensional Modeling, Star and Snowflake Schemas. Experience with Relational & Dimensional Data Modeling using ERWIN.
- In-depth knowledge of large database design techniques, experience in data analysis, data cleansing, and data transformation and migration using ETL tools.
- Worked on ETL Tools such as Informatica Power center, Oracle Warehouse Builder & Oracle Data Integrator.
- Experience in LINUX/UNIX & Windows environments, as well as operating system specific shell scripting and development using Java/Python/C/C++ with UML and OOAD Methods.
- Strong "hands-on" knowledge with application development, DW platforms and databases (Hadoop (Cloudera/Hortonworks), Oracle 10g, Teradata, MS SQL Server): data warehousing, application software SDLC and business reporting. Expertise in writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, and Packages.
- Proficient in understanding Business requirements and translate them to technical design specifications.
- Strong logical and problem solving skills and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies by self-learning.
- Strong communication skills and able to interface with all levels of business and technology partners.
- Experience in data cleansing, manipulation, exploratory data analysis, predictive model building to identity, analyze and interpret the patterns in data using statistical tools such as SAS, Python.
- Experience in creating indexes, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, common table expressions and triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation.
- Utilized Hive-SQL to query the Hadoop Map-Reduce HDFS database, Apache Spark for multiple parallel processing, Apache airflow for scheduling task, Py Spark for analysis (similar to DAX and MDX in Microsoft) to create and maintain ad hoc scalable data-driven solutions rendered on the Power BI reports.
- Experience with MS Access, MS Excel Statistical formula, LOOKUP, Macros, Pivots.
- Competent in creating compelling and interactive data visualizations using Tableau and Power BI
- Very good Design, Analysis, Programming skills and Leadership skills with Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
Databases: SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 , MySQL, ORACLE i9/10g
T: SQL, MYSQL, C, C++, HTML
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Wizard, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Reporting and Analysis Tools: SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, Power BI
Database Design Tools and Data Modeling: MS Visio, ERWIN 9.7Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modeling Relational, Fact& Dimensions tables, Dimensional and multi-dimensional modeling Physical & logical data modeling and De-normalization techniques, Kimball& Inman Methodologies
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
PowerBi Developer/SQL Developer
- Experience in Dynamic SQL and writing queries in T-SQL to report data consistency across multiple databases and created business rules to report all missing or anomaly data
- Involved in developing the ETL mappings in T-SQL via packages, procedures and views.
- Responsible for communicating with the data warehousing team to ensure the data on server is updated and accurate based on the most recent data received from the client.
- Responsible for migrating PL/SQL source code to SQL Server & vice-versa during transition of reports from SSRS to Tableau and migration of source systems.
- Gather and Publish Data Dictionaries: Maintain data models in ER/win. Capture data models from existing databases, and record descriptive information into Erwin.
- Identify business needs, organize and define data, create and maintain Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models; Maintain appropriate Version Control on data models.
- Participate in the de-normalization of the data model, ensuring that business rules which are impacted during de-normalization are implemented via an alternate mechanism (i.e. trigger, application code).
- Closely work with the App Dev team and DBA to create an appropriate Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Model.
- Present data designs and project approaches to the DRB for review and approval, and ensure all DRB artifacts are created.
- Generate DDL and validate that the DDL is implemented properly.
- Identify opportunities to reuse data and reduce redundancy in data across the enterprise
- Implement Apache Airflow and train data architects on Big Data ETL.
- Design & Develop Customer Engagement Framework, implement Predictive modeling, build various Analytical Datasets on top of user's behavior data for analysis.
- Extract, Process and Analyze Consumer Data for Data Analysis and BI Reporting.
- Generate scheduled and on-demand Reports, dashboards, scorecard, KPIs etc. using Advanced Excel, Microsoft Power BI Reporting.
- Complete and execute distribution reports on schedule (daily, weekly, or monthly). To accomplish, the BI Analyst must be able to triage multiple on-going tasks and have effective time management skills.
- Manage validation and documentation processes for personal work outputs to ensure reliability of models, reproducibility of results and replication of the production process.
- Contribute to the development and management of the firm’s data and analytics infrastructure, including introduction of new technologies to the firm.
- Supply chain intelligence
- Gather and analyze data and relevant information around business insights into supply base changes and market dynamics.
- Run and analyze marketplace indices that effect cost of goods sold and present findings to Organization.
- Strive to continuously improve SDI performance by utilizing and understanding best practices, lessons learned and industry trends through participation in industry associations.
- Analytics as a Service
- Support the development of standard operating procedures for identified key service offerings.
- Oversee, support and manage client specific data flows and reporting
- Engage and drive client interaction towards the fulfillment of our contractual obligations and management of agreed upon engagement SLAs.
- Involved in dimensional modeling and design of Star/ Snow flake schema for SSAS.
- Create cross-tab reports, MS excel based reports with dynamic data content changes, slicers, time-slicers, graphs,
- Performed data validation and accuracy checks timely on databases, reports & dashboards.
- Resolved tickets raised by program managers for Power BI, Tableau and SSRS regarding existing report's functionality and managed the enhancement of the existing reports and dashboards.
- Participated in Design & Development of Processes& database incorporating business logic and user requirements and building entity relationship (ER) diagrams.
- Actively participated in Data Modeling, Data dictionary mappings and structural design of the database and ETL Architecture
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Involved in building data marts and multi dimensional models like star schema and snowflake schema.
- Experience in creating calculated columns and measures in Tableau depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Responsible for developing user interactive reports in Tableau by using charts, maps, matrices, slicers, tiles, gauges and funnel.
- Designed & executed work schedules in Airflow to transform and load data into the data warehouse.
- Integrate data utilizing Airflow, SSIS, Tableau Prep, and other tools to provide quick but unified insights
- Designed and created standard dashboards in Tableau based on company requirements and further designed or customized to match client's data and requirements, by ensuring the performance of dashboard.
- Incorporated user level and row level security using permissions and filter in Power BI & Tableau
- Created validation & test case mapping documents to match data from source to destination.
- Ensured the data refresh on reports, workbooks and dashboards were not coinciding with the server refresh schedule.
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
Power BI developer/SQL Developer
- Responsible for designing and creating a staging database for temporary processing of data, consolidating data and loading data to central repository using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Created stored procedures to load data using incremental loading techniques.
- Gathered requirements, conducted one - on - one meeting, articulated requirements, from user interviews, and workshops and then converted requirements into technical specifications for developers.
- Worked on TSQL Optimization creating stored procedures and user defined functions for the data analysis and data visualization.
- Built SQL queries to mirror sales force records to verify and SOQL to retrieve data from service cloud.
- Developed, tested and Deployed SQL stored Procedures and MDX/DAX queries to solve complex data analysis problems based on requirements from different team on Power BI.
- Involved in applying data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that took longer execution time using SQL Server Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Developed complex data extracts, mappings and ad-hoc queries as requested by internal and external clients using SQL and SSIS to transform and load data received from clients into the central repository.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, script task using visual basic which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Databases.
- Elicited requirements and generated ad-hoc and custom reports for executive reporting and business analysis using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Designed, created and published data sources to the Tableau Server and used for developing and designing dashboards on Tableau Desktop.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Developed and analyzed business performance multilevel parametrized reports and provided notations of performance deviations and anomalies using Tableau.
- Involved in creating calculated members, named set, advanced KPI'S for SSAS cubes.
- Used analytical skills and growing knowledge of our data products and customers to help the product team develop requirements for Tableau dashboards that surface meaningful, actionable insights for our customers
- Built dashboards that utilize design best practices to distill complex data into visually pleasing, actionable insights
- Thoughtfully built and redesigned reporting data architecture to maximize performance, harden access security, and allow for iterative dashboard improvements at scale
- Championed data and visualization integrity through thoughtful testing prior to production
- Managed the internally and externally facing Tableau server to ensure that all users have timely, accurate access to their visualizations
- Involved in the data analysis and database modeling of both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Utilized Power BI to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Created power BI dashboards and reports for sales group by connecting Oracle database.
- Successfully designed logical and physical data models using the Erwin data modeler tool.
- Developed and implemented new ways to increase customer engagement with our analytics
- Created documentation and processes to help support a well-maintained BI system
- Built more measures to derive KPIs in reporting tools with visual reports & dashboards in Tableau.
- Created workspaces and organized content into apps on tableau.
- Coordinated and led meetings with business, technical teams, reviewed requirements, addressed open issues/questions, performed estimates, gap and risk analysis, suggested efficient solutions throughout SDLC.
- Created/amended BRS, FRS, URS, UAT Plans & Reports, process maps, presentations, agendas, minutes.
- Working with Robotics Process Automation (RPA) team in planning and developing proper logic and structure of the program.
- Understanding process Requirements and develop/ provide logic solution through Automation tools like (Automation anywhere).
- Expertise in creating custom Objects, custom fields, related list objects and junction objects.
- Created Workflow diagrams, use case diagrams, and activity diagrams, depending up on business rules.
- Documenting artifacts including, not limited to, Functional Specifications, and Use Case Specifications.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Created designs and process flows on how to standardize Power BI dashboards to meet the business requirement.
- Involved in requirements gathering process for building Operational cubes by meeting with SME's in base lining the details.
- Created data mapping document between source, staging and target per tubular cubes documentation during the analysis phase.
- Primarily worked on producing monthly, weekly and daily reports in Power BI.
- Financial data mart dimensional data modeling (Conceptual >> logical >> physical).
- Design governing policies around GL, Customer, and Product domain Master data management (MDM).
- Communication of data product requirements to business and tech teams.
- Designed and delivered Enterprise data warehouse design strategy.
- Business Data Analysis to build out and oversee financial data infrastructure and processes, including data governance and data integrity approaches
- Able to modify users and licenses within the Office 365 Admin center.
- Involved in creation and maintenance of SSAS cubes, perspectives, aggregations and named sets for reporting.
- Designed and created OLAP cubes by selecting proper user defined hierarchies, dimensions and aggregations.
- Involved in optimizing SSAS Cubes by assigning appropriate storage modules to partition improving query performance.
- Extensively used Join and Sub-queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Created calculated columns and measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Involved in complete lifecycle implementation of the project from user requirements gathering, preparation of Technical Specification Documents, designing and developing reports, integration testing, unit testing to Go Live Production support.
- Created workspaces and managed in assigning access to Active Directory (AD) groups.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype for advanced visualize reports.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau Software like link to data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Extensively involved in Unit testing, Quality Assurance testing and User Acceptance testing of Power BI reports and modifying the code accordingly to satisfy business requirements.
- Designed and developed Power BI Dashboards and reports and published them on to Power BI Sites.
- Created Master/Work Repositories and configured connections for source and Target systems.
- Extensively used ETL/ELT Tools & Utilities like Informatica/ODI with multiple sources such as Relational Databases, various flat files for extraction, Transformation & loading the data into Target Table.
- Experience working with Oracle RDBMS/OLAP, Teradata RDBMS/OLAP, Hadoop DB.
- Working knowledge of Knowledge Modules, Workflows/Applets/Mappings, Map-Reduce jobs
- Implemented all SCD Type1, SCD Type2, SCD Type3 based on the user requirement and Data Warehouse build requirement.
- Participated in all phases of Project development, testing, deployment and support.
- Performed Unit testing at various levels of ELT flows & created various test cases with multiple data sets to attain exact test results and capture faulty construction.
- Experience in both relational/Operational data modeling/designing with expertise in SQL, PL/SQL Programming & Scripting.
Data Modeler/Data Analyst
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Elicited requirements from various divisions to improve and modify data corresponding to business logic.
- Created and managed database objects that include tables, views, stored procedures, user-defined functions and constraints to implement business logic.
- Work with business users to elicit and document enterprise data requirements.
- Lead development of data architecture solution across enterprise and managed offshore team of data developers and data architects.
- Establish and enforce data architecture standards to meet client requirements and business needs.
- Logical and physical data model design. Implementing a physical data model for OLTP database
- Development and documentation of complex enterprise database sourcing, quality, and transformation requirements.
- Ensuring that the language of the data is consistent across the enterprise. Defines the processes that ensure proper creation, integration and control of data model metadata.
- Logical and physical data model design for enterprise data warehouse.
- Business data analysis to develop and deliver enterprise data warehousing strategy and General Ledger & Financial Instrument product domain Master Data Management (MDM).
- Work with business users to elicit and document enterprise data requirements.
- Development and documentation of complex enterprise database sourcing, quality, and transformation requirements.
- Managed and enhanced Canonical data model by designing new subject areas.
- Partner with leaders/stakeholders across the organization to ensure we are effectively using data to drive informed decision making
- Develop and improve custom data visualization and analytics tools to help teams identify trends and best practices, and support in their monitoring of progress towards business goals
- Understand business needs, provide actionable recommendations, and communicate them effectively to business stakeholders
- Build, develop, and maintain highly collaborative working relationships across teams to understand analytics needs, available data, and growth opportunities for the business
- Succinctly communicate business insights to high-level decision makers throughout the organization
- Ensure information on key metrics is accurate, complete, and reliable to support relationship management and optimize team performanc
- Querying, creating stored procedures and writing complex queries and T-SQL Joins to address various reporting operations and random data requests.
- Rectified and fixed various bugs in the stored procedure as well as various suggestions of the outsourcing team is incorporated.
- Responsible for designing, developing and testing of SSIS packages and SSRS reports to support business initiatives, goal setting, performance management and risk avoidance.
- Incorporated Error Redirection during ETL Load in SSIS Packages. Performed Unit testing and System Testing of ETL Process.
- Created and developed query for Tabular and Matrix Reports using SQL Server 2008 Reports Services (SSRS) and report builder.
- Responsible to create, execute, and deliver tabular, matrix, and charts reports, debugged and deployed reports in SSRS.
- Published reports on to Share-Point 2010 and Report Server and set the data-driven subscriptions for these reports.
- Administered and deployed OLAP cubes on development and production server for performance analysis using SSAS.