- Over 6 years of experience working with Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and Data Warehouse Concepts (OLTP & OLAP).
- Expertise in MS SQL Server suite of products like Power BI of MS SQL Server 2012/ 2014/ 2016.
- Experienced in building, publishing and customizing interactive reports and dashboards using Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience in creating complex Stored Procedures, Macros, Triggers, Tables, Indexed Views, Table Partitioning and other SQL Joins and Statements to facilitate efficient data manipulation and to maintain data consistency.
- Experienced in creating Dashboards and writing reports using action filters, parameters and calculated sets in PowerBI.
- Experience in data migration from various data sources like Excel, SQL Server, Oracle, XML files, Flat files using SQL commands. Monitoring, debugging and tuning ETL jobs and workflows.
- Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings, and SQL queries in transformations.
- Responsible for Query Optimization and Performance Tuning using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Worked on Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototypes.
- Expertise in creating Power BI Dashboards, Interactive Reports and Compelling Visualizations.
- Worked on creating Relationships, Measures, Calculated Columns and Tooltips in the Power BI.
- Expert in using DAX and KPIs in the Power BI.
- Experience in using Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Expertise in writing and tuning Transact - SQL (T-SQL) (DDL/DML) Queries.
- Good Knowledge of Normalization/De-Normalization, Normal Form and Data Modeling.
- Expertise in designing highly flexible Database Architectures and Data Modeling, Data Mapping, Table Optimization and Performance Tuning.
- Experienced working with various project management technologies (Waterfall, Agile & Safe Agile)
- Experienced working in fast paced environments as a team player and an individual contributor.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access
Languages: SQL, T: SQL, Python
Reporting Tools: Excel, Tableau, Power BI
Dashboards: Power Pivot, MS Power BI, Tableau.
Confidential, Fort Mill, SC
Business Intelligence Engineer
- Formulate Stored procedures to extract data and compile it into Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reports to Power.
- Responsible for Impact Pro Applications from Optum for further processing in Power BI Dashboards.
- Design and Create Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Macros and Triggers on Teradata and SQL Server Instances.
- Working on the design, development, deployment of Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drill through menu options, and Parameterization of the Reporting Dashboard reports with business KPI's in Power BI using DAX functions and maintaining its dashboards and reports up to date with Power BI Gateways.
- Create Fact/Core tables and Dimension tables in SQL server back-end databases to support and store massive data used by the front-end Power BI Provider Analytics Dashboards.
- Using Sql Server can simultaneously load data from multiple and dissimilar data sources, and extract data from and to MS SQL Server Datasets.
- Develop Stored Procedures in T-SQL that were invoked to load Dimensions and Fact tables and for Error handling during the ETL process. Perform root cause analysis on failures and resolve performance tuning related issues and any bottlenecks in queries. Documented the development work and production releases for future reference.
- Perform Backup and restore of databases to migrate Enterprise SQL Server Database instances data between Reporting SQL servers, and work on deployment of latest services packs, content updates, patches and updates to Database Applications.
- Validate change requests, work on appropriate recommendations to standardize the implementation process.
- Work with different Agile Methodologies which implies an iterative and incremental method of management for all the new and on-going projects.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Develop complex Stored procedures, Function table and views to generate various Drill-through, Drill-down reports, with Dynamic grouping capability, Parameterized dynamic Dashboard/Scorecard and link and pass the selected parameter values it to its subreports using PowerBI.
- Configuring Indexes for Maximum Performance-Configuring Index statistics, Exploring Fragmentation Considerations, implementing fill factor administration, determining when to rebuild or reorganize an index, sorting indexes in the tempdb, using the database engine tuning advisor.
- Implement Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages to monitor performance of data load activity.
- Quickly created commonly used database objects from predefined scripts(templates), executed and debugged stored procedures (T-SQL debugger), Debugged query performance problems (Show execution plan, show server trace, show client statistics, Index Tuning wizard).
- Develop logical and physical data models (using Star Schema), design data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Develop visualizations and dashboards using Power BI using MDX expressions for specific OLAP reporting requirements.
- Using DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions for creation of calculations and measures in Tabular Models.
- Experience in developing and managing reports and Dashboard using Power BI.
- Coordinate with front-end for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions.
- Expertise in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User-defined functions to implement business logic and create clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Maintain and Manage SQL Databases including Backup, Performance Monitoring and optimization.
Confidential, New York
- Developed complex SQL queries to validate the tables based on the FRD (Functional requirement Document) and Mapping document.
- Got a detailed understanding of business functionality and took the responsibility of preparing the Functionality Test Plan which was used by testing team while doing their testing process.
- Worked on T-SQL programming, stored procedures, user-defined functions, cursors, views setup and management of linked servers to Non-SQL-Server databases.
- Developed Stored Procedures in T-SQL that were invoked to load Dimensions and Fact tables and also for Error handling during the ETL process. Documented the development work and production releases to repository.
- Designed the packages in order to extract data from SQL Database, flat files and loaded into Oracle database.
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security.
- Developed user defined financial reports to provide on demand financial data analysis using Tableau and SSRS.
- Performed data conversions from flat files into a normalized database structure.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries with SQL Management Studio for backend data validation testing.
- Used SQL server profiler for performance tuning analysis services, to track full text queries by using profiler. Analyze some of the long running slow queries & tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Responsible for design, programming, deploy and Unit testing of requested Reports.
- Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Interacted with customers to analyze business needs. Provide software product design and developed technical roadmap for the solution through the project lifecycle and beyond.
- Implemented Triggers for checking complex business conditions, providing security for the tables.
- Worked on Database Maintenance Plan Wizard for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-indexing.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Prepared the Layouts by placing the fields to the appropriate place according to the requirement of the final Report.
- Using Power BI tool has developed some reports which have great visualization and analyzed data with greater speed and efficiency.
- Created different PowerPivot reports as per the client requirement.