- 10+ years - project management and leadership including agile, and waterfall
- 20+ years architecting data warehousing, data marts, and relational databases ODS, data pipelines, dimensional, fact, usage of 3rd normal form, real time, batch, mission critical.
- 15+ years in data modeling conceptual, logical and physical using ER Studio Architect and Team Server (similar to ERWIN), Power Designer, MySQL Enterprise, Visio, Manta View lineage.
- 5+ years - very large data warehouse environments and tables in multi-terabytes.
- 20+ years - SQL (ETL, ELT) - Teradata, SQL Server, Netezza (MPP), ORACLE, Tandem / HP Non-Stop (MP / XP)
- 2+ years - Teradata using Golden Gate, Control-M, DMX, UNIX, MIMIX Share, SNOWFLAKE
SPECIALTIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Data Architect & Modeling
- Neoview Architecture same as AWS Redshift
- ETL design and architecture
- Data pipeline ODS
- Data integration plan & design
- Data Governance
- Data Cleansing
- Data Modeler (CDM,LDM,PDM)
- Team Development
- Project Management
- Enterprise Data Warehousing
- Exposure to elastic search like uses (homegrown)
- Metadata Management
- Datamart Design
- CI / CD in DevOps
- Vendor Relations
- Software evaluations
- POC Management
- Manage and expand DevOps in a team of about 25 people at Boyd.
- Interfacing and translating Business Intelligence to requirements.
- Interpreting user asks into needs and requirements - including prioritization.
- Transferring user / technical specifications to stories.
- Understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Standard and matrix resource environments and special task teams.
- Leading and managing teams including onshore and offshore resources.
- Data needs of MicroStrategy, Tableau, Excel Power Pivot (dashboard), Power BI.
- Create easy to understand documentation.
- Consultant (12+ years) to various small and large companies including Compaq and HP.
- Interim Consulting Director of a 35+ people team, while the company looked for a FT Director. I was in this position for just over 6 months at ITI Telemarketing.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Data Operations Manager
- Collaborate with multiple PMs and Agile Scrum Masters
- Data Operations Manager
- Vendor Relations and Negotiation
- Integration Development
- Data Operations KTLO
- Data Quality / Data Governance - matrixed
- Business Intelligence Reporting - matrixed
- EDW development - matrixed
- Lead the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team about 25 team members.
- Handled multiple consecutive projects and enhancement requests, incl. CI/CD
- Resource Management including effort allocation, staffing / interviews, SOWs.
- Architect the new Data Environment approach for Data Pipeline utilizing Attunity, and SHNOWFLAKE for the new EDW / Data Lake, include DW, and DMs for streamlined BI access. SNOWFLAKE is a cloud environment that simplifies the overall process minimizing the old approach of using such as SSIS packages and other ETL / ELT processing.
- Provide Vendor Relationship for SNOWFLAKE and ATTUNITY. Used UNIX interface for SnowSQL for ODS Initial loads and maintenance, and SNOWFLAKE s Interface mainly for monitoring and sizing.
- Risk management mitigation by expediting and managing hot issues and blocks
- Rebuilding of small team into a multiple EDM Team consisting of:
- Business Continuation / Day - to-day operationData ArchitectureData GovernanceData QualityBusiness InteligenceData Provisioning, and Development.
- Member of the Data Dev Ops Management
- Participate in departmental strategic and daily management
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- SQL Server SSIS including Stored Procedures.
- Build / Modify Solutions / Packages.
- Job and Step creation and monitoring.
- Use TFS for code control
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
EDW Architect / Data Modeler
- Data Modeling - Conceptual, Logical, Physical review needs with various business units and development teams and convert to model.
- Governance - Metadata Architecture, Knowledge based dictionary, standard naming
- Governance - Process Improvement and Cross team relations development
- Process Improvement and Cross team relations development and Performance Tuning
- Introduced Manta Lineage tool into company
- Create education materials for ER Team Server, and How To documents for ER Architect
- Create education materials for BI Report developers to enhance manpower efficiency, and knowledge of EDW.
- Usage: Teradata SQL, ER Studio, Manta View, Control-M, Confluence, Golden Gate, DMX
- Adopted CI/CD principles for Data Modeling
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Appl. Architect / Data Governance / Data Modeler
- Data Governance, Data Modeling, Metadata Architecture, Knowledge based dictionary, Create new ITIL development documentation process in 3 months for own team, and implement across other teams for use by a total of about 100 people in less than 1 year.
- This removed 100% of the requirements and specifications previously using emails and phone calls, both with internal, offshore, as well as with the Business Units. This approach improved productivity, reduced errors, implemented total traceability of requests and changes.
- Create API Contract Document to standardize process for consistency and detailed specifications for all interfaces with all other systems / teams.
- Create API protocols to ensure accurate Logging and Tracing enabling efficient troubleshooting and stop finger pointing.
- Data Access Control, Data related Process Improvement
- Conduct DB SQL Server performance and tuning enhancements.
- Architect approach for faster processing, enhanced transactions from 30 to over 200 per second.
- Key proponent for MS PDW so as to enable advanced application processing performance.
- Create Data Models (LDM / PDM) large SQL Server 2012 DW
- Data Governance for change process and approvals for all databases / tables.
- Application Modeler/Architect for multiple applications.
- Technical Leader for multiple simultaneous Projects.
- Evaluated SNOWFLAKE for use as the new ODS / EDW / Data Lake.
- Usage: SQL Server 2008, 2012, Oracle, ERWIN, SharePoint.
BI Dashboard Architect Consultant
- Provide general guidance and architecture for the Risk Management Dashboard, and DB structure.
- Evaluate and recommend presentation alternatives, establish prototype guidelines, and determine query needs.
- Provide dashboard presentation knowhow.
- Create Requirements Document and design for the Risk Management Dashboard using Archer.
- Guide data architecture foundation / model for solution.
- Prepare road map for current phases and future guidance for growth.
- Work directly with Director, Project Manager, and closely with other peer management members.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Data Warehousing Architect / Modeler
- Combine two large relational applications into a single very large data warehouse MPP platform.
- Provide logical and physical data modeling for VLDW from relational to SQL. This effort combines two very large applications and VLDB/VLDW into a single VLDW. Using MySQL for the model.
- Create the OneCard Enterprise Data Model to combine SNAP cards, debit cards, cash cards, and credit cards into one cohesive enterprise model.Champion SOA approach for the OneCard project main concentration on Data Layers.
- Create a single standard script to streamline file transfers to internal and external entities for use with FTP, SFTP, NDM, and NDMS.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Senior Database Support Analyst
- Provide support for all aspects of the HP Neoview environment, including rotational 24/7 on - call
- Create level-2 guide for navigation, troubleshooting, and orientation for supported clients.
- Provide level-2 support for all software, including some customer supported items.
- Create help desk service guide of access, troubleshooting, and how to for familiar issues.
- Establish remote customer support services
- Create SOW. Manage issue resolution - interface and moderate with various internal and external organizations to resolve organizational and process issues.
- Devise communication protocol between Customer and Help Desk with SLAs.
- Reduce initial callback from 45 minutes minimum to 5 minutes average.
- Point Person for complex issues, requiring multitasking, troubleshooting, risk management, resolution, and post-mortems. Normally involved up to 10 people externally and internally simultaneously in various world regions with diverse technical skills levels.
- Investigate long running queries and platform overall performance
- Create professional PowerPoint training materials and conduct customer education.
- Create platform load execution resource histogram guide to educate people on workloads.
- Identify bad query patterns for quick recognition, and set procedures to expeditiously communicate issue and resolution back to customer.
- Provide sales support to enhance customer satisfaction
- Create professional status presentation for machine usage histograms, tasks, resource assignment, target date, risks, impacts and historical performance enhancements list.
- Enhance client relations through attention to details, assiduous meeting and impromptus clarification discussions with customer staff.