- Over 8 years of IT experience working in Business Intelligence (Reports/Dashboard), Data warehouse and Data Mart Systems.
- Proven experience in implementing complete software life cycle involving various phases of design, development and implementation of Data Warehouses, Data marts, Reports with ETL and BI Tools.
- Experience in designing and developing ETL with OBIA, JDE 8.9/9.2, Oracle P6 and OPPM
- Experience in building Analytical reports with Oracle EBS, JDE 8.9/9.2, People Soft EPM 9.1, Oracle P6 and OPPM.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing business requirements, functional requirements and converting them into technical requirements.
- Over 8 years of experience in implementing Oracle Business Intelligence (10.1.x) (22.214.171.124, thru 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52).
- Two years of experience with reporting using OTBI in OFC environment (Oracle Fusion Cloud)
- Two years of experience in Developing Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop
- More than 3 years of experience on building OBIEE infrastructure involved in various activities like installing servers, configurations, clustering, migrations, security setup and upgrades.
- Expertise in converting and using Oracle pre - build rpd's PeopleSoft (Financial, HCM, Campus Solutions), Oracle P6 and Oracle EBS (HR) according to business requirements.
- 6 Years of Experience in Developing Strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading mechanisms using Informatica Power Center.
- Having good experience on Oracle Data Integrator Designer ODI to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data into data warehouse.
- Extensive experience in writing, testing and implementing of the triggers, functions, packages using PL/SQL.
- Experience in Oracle BI Repository development (RPD) like creating Time Series Functions, Aggregate Persistence, Fragmentation, Level Based Measures, Variables and Security (Data Level and Object Level).
- Extensive experience in configuring Interactive Dashboards with drill-down/drill-through capabilities using global/local filters, Predictive Analytics, Contextual Analytics, Guided Navigation, Alerts on Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects like Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports, Prompts.
- Experienced in configuring the security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool to set up Groups, Access Privileges and Query Privileges using LDAP, and External database authentication.
- Experience in configuring/integrating and developing reports using Oracle BI Publisher.
- Excellent Team Management Skills with good business acumen, effective communicator, good team mentoring and training skills, experience in working with Business Users, Controllers, Directors, Senior Managers, Executives, Department Heads and Project Stake Holders.
BI Tools: OBIEE (10.1.3.3.X, 10.1.3.4.0 ), OBIEE (184.108.40.206, thru 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168), Oracle BI Publisher, oracle visualizer, Tableau 10.2, KNIME 3.5, Power BI
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center (7.1.X/8.1.X/8.6.X, 9.1.0). Oracle Data Integrator ODI.
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, C, C++, Python, Unix Shell Scripting .
ERP: PeopleSoft Applications 9.1 (HCM, FSCM and Campus Solutions), BI Apps 7.9.6 (OBIA), Oracle EBS, JD Edwards. Oracle Primavera 8.3, 16.2. Oracle Primavera Portfolio Management 22.214.171.124
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i/8i, DB2 9.5, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , MS-Access
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java Script, VB Script
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ 2007/2008/2010 , Windows server 2003/2008/2013. HP-UX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 uses kernel 2.6.9/2.6.18.
Others: TOAD, SQL Developer, Service now (IServe), HP Service Manager, SQL Navigator, PVCS, CVS, ERWIN, Mercury Quality Center, WinSCP, Visio 2007/2010.
- Working as a Data Architect for the Project automating financial reports and build data lake for IT performance improvement. Planned, designed, developed & implemented Transplant & Oncology Data Models for the homegrown EDW, under a very aggressive time line.
- Worked on upgrading P6 Application, reporting database and OBIEE for EPPM upgrade Project.
- Rewrite/redesign the existing custom scripts for P6 Analytics in informatica 9.1 as part of the P6 EPPM upgrade project.
- Designed, developed, test, and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts and Density Chart.
- Implemented data blending to blend related data from different sources.
- Converted few existing reports in OBIEE to tableau dashboards to enhance the visualizations.
- Created custom Function's Date range, Time functions, array functions, and Conditional formatting functions in the reports.
- Involved in Designing the ETL process to Extract translates and load data from OLTP Oracle database system to Oracle data warehouse.
- Used ODI 11g for extraction, loading and transformation ETL of data in the data warehouse
- Worked on Oracle Data Integrator components like Designer, Operator, Topology and Security Components.
- Created and Imported/Exported various Sources, Targets, and mappings in interfaces using ODI Designer and generated scenarios and scheduled as per business requirements.
- Analyzed and created several custom OTBI reports for various subject areas like Compensation, Payroll, Workforce development and Learning Enrollment and Completion.
- Created several data models and reports in BI Publisher to support OTBI custom reporting requirements.
- Worked on Knime to create visualizations on health care data for authorizations.
- Worked on creating data lake for the applications JIRA and P6. Created data warehouse on top of consolidated data. Used power BI to creates dashboards/reports
- Recreated OBIEE 10g custom reports/dashboards in OBIEE 11g and performed unit testing.
- Worked on EPPM upgrade project in upgrading oracle primavera 8.3 to 16.2, reporting database 3.2 to 16.2 and upgraded OBIEE reports from 11g to 12c.
- Designed and Tested Reports in the Dashboards for the OBIA HR/Finance Analytics and created the Ad-hoc report according to the client needs.
- Developed complex RPD design to accomplish fragmentation and content navigation that involves 3 to 5 multiple LTS.
- Created several level based measures and developed many multi dimensional measures.
- Support requirement gathering efforts and development of functional/technical specifications.
- Developed strong knowledge around the related business processes and how they will be supported through the primavera application.
- Build strong relationships with the business across PMO and Medicaid services business units to enable effective primavera implementation and ongoing support.
- Worked on a PPM reporting project to get Oracle Portfolio Management (OPPM) and JDE data into data warehouse and combine with existing P6 analytics tables in OBIEE RPD (Custom Subject Area) for reporting purpose.
- Worked on the design for the Data Warehouse and Data Marts that address the business requirements, including data modeling, data quality and development for P6 Analytics (Resource hours and capacity dashboards) and OPPM data mart.
- Successfully created Gantt chart (not present in OBIEE out of the box views) report for project status dashboard by creating the dataflow between project phases in ETL.
- Enhanced performance of Reports / Dashboards by implementing the Aggregate tables, Aggregate Navigation, Table partitions, Proper indexes, managing Cache and following Best Practices etc.
- Worked on Usage Tracking setup in RPD and development various trending reports to track the usage and statistics of reports. Used the usage tracking to identify the reports for the upgrade.
- Worked on agent to send several alert emails regarding timesheets and configured the mechanism that agent to save the report on a shared folder for business purpose.
- Worked with diplomat team in sending/receive files to various business groups across the organization (Field Glass, IT performance, Apptio etc).
- Designed and developed Verizon dashboard (ETL, RPD and report) for BYOD team to track the devices usage and contract eligibility dates.
- Supported and modified the ETL/RPD changes according to business need for oracle ERP HR and finance analytics.
- Created several documentations related to ETL, Security, BRD’s, RRD’s and dashboard user guides.
- Worked with change management on various changes/releases and successfully implemented them without any rollbacks.
- Worked with external audit team for annual entitlement review of oracle primavera application.
- Presented various Oracle BI Publisher features to business that includes reporting on XML, direct data sources etc.
Environment: OBIEE 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, SQL server 2008/2012, Informatica 9.1, HTML, JDE ERP, P6A 8.3, 16.2, OPPM 12.1, 15.2, Tableau 10.2, KNIME 3.5, Power BI
Sr. BI Consultant (Onsite Lead)
- Participated in User meetings, gathering requirements, discussing the issues to be resolved.
- Participated in the walkthroughs of the data models, ETL specifications, identification of dimensional attributes Facts and Star Schema to fulfill requirements.
- Preparation of Functional Design documents and provides them to offshore for development.
- Participate in Design Reviews of Data model and Informatica mapping design.
- Successfully implemented Change data capture using informatica power exchange during the manufacturing plants go-live from Legacy AS- 400 to JDE.
- Worked on transformations like Lookup, Sequence Generator, Filter, Expression, Source Qualifier, Router Update Strategy etc.
- Involved in Data loading to staging tables and from staging tables to Target tables i.e. Data loading from JDE/Legacy (source) to OBIEE (target) Database.
- Involved in RPD development using Admin tool to build Physical layer, BMM layer and presentation layer.
- Identified joins, tables, Dimensions, Facts, Aggregates, and Measures etc.
- Unit testing the reports, debugging and fixing the errors for Right reports.
- Designed mapping with a slowly changing dimension Type1 and Type2.
- End to End testing of Reports for data and functional behavior.
- Involved in merging changes of OBIEE Repository and WebCat from Development to Test and Production
- Involved in Informatica Mappings/Sessions migration from DEV to QA, QA to Prod.
Environment: OBIEE 184.108.40.206, AS400, DB2, Informatica 9.1, Tidal, HTML.
Confidential, Phoenix AZ
- Worked during the whole life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix and Mapping Document to trace requirements in BI implementation.
- Used ODI 11g for extraction, loading and transformation ETL of data in the data warehouse
- Analyzed the data and developed Logical Star Schema model with consultation from Data Modelers and Business Analysts.
- Configured Oracle Data integrator ODI Master Repository Work Repository on Oracle Database.
- Created and Configured ODI Repositories, Interfaces, Packages, Procedures and Scenarios.
- Developed metadata repository using OBIEE Administration tool in Physical, Business Model and Mapping, and Presentation Layer.
- Developed Time Series Objects using Ago and To Date functions for time series comparisons.
- Designed and developed various Interactive Dashboards and reports with drilldowns, guided navigation, filters, and prompts.
- Created various session and repository variables and initialized them in the Initialization Blocks to change metadata dynamically as the environment changes.
- Worked towards the Performance Tuning of Dashboards and Reports with Business Analysts and DBAs.
- Used various cache management techniques for performance tuning including configuring, defining cache parameters, cache persistence time, cache seeding and purging, and event polling.
- Created security settings in OBIEE Administration Tool and set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and managed security for groups in Answers.
- Developed test cases and performed Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the Repository and Web Catalogs.
Environment: OBIEE 220.127.116.11, BI Publisher, SQL Developer, Oracle 11g, HTML.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Performed data validation by going through the ETL Scripts from source to target to report.
- Worked closely with the PeopleSoft Functional Team in understanding the requirements and created the business model for generating reports as per the user requirements
- Worked on identifying the gaps and issues on PeopleSoft FMS (GL, AP, AR, Grants, Commit Control Ledger) delivered reports.
- Communicating with stakeholders and project team apprised of the reports progress and status through written correspondence, weekly/monthly project status reports.
- Presented deliver reports to project stake holders and users for further enhancements and uses.
- Created different kinds of test reports and queries to test hierarchies, various joins, snowflakes, logical LTS, implicit fact columns, aggregate columns, clobs/blobs, security (row, role, column and content filter) and validate repository, filling all test results with time, rows retrieved, test comments, physical and logical SQL’s in spreadsheet for each subject area.
- Implemented Dynamic Navigation to allow the system to pass parameters from the summary Reports to the details reports.
- Identified the customizations made at ETL Level and implemented accordingly on delivered reports.
- Identified the aggregate levels for each source and created dimension sources for each level of aggregates.
Environment: OBIEE 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, Sql Developer, PeopleSoft 9.1 EPM, Oracle 11g, HTML.