IT Manager/Lead Developer
- Led a team of 20 +/ - IT professionals in supporting GM’s mainframe systems, applications and platforms utilizing DB2, COBOL and Easytrieve languages.
- Worked closely with developers through all stages of GM SDLC including code updates, development, testing, and promotion.
- Managed multiple ongoing projects for both in-house and offshore teams.
- Updated existing software and developed new solutions to add business functionality and solve critical business problems.
- Mentored new team members during onboarding.
- Supported various business partners in achieving strategic goals and finalizing project completion.
- Completed year-end processing of GM Canada financial commitments.
- Provided IT Transformation presentations to potential candidates and visitors.
- Interviewed potential GMIT candidates for skill assessment and screening.
- Provided technical support for the Claims processing area.
- Completed complex modifications, testing and implementation of modified software via COBOL, DB2 and Easytrieve.
- Assisted customers with any concerns that arise to include resolutions which provide greater efficiency in the processing arena.
- Translated business and technical requirements into application systems providing integration solutions via major and minor system modifications.
- Utilized CA’s Intertest software during testing phases of project work.
- Elevated software based on client specific modifications once all testing has been verified, validated and completed.
- Provided design recommendations for enhancements to system and application software.
- Led projects from a technical standpoint to insure all architecture remains intact and each milestone is met during the life cycle of the project.
- Contributed to multiple projects at the same time often as Lead Developer.
- Provided Production support across numerous platforms.