- SAP BW HANA Consultant with 16.5 years of extensive experience in IT industry and 14.5 years of experience in SAP BW Implementation, Upgrade, Support and Enhancement projects. Experience includes system configuration, technical developments, system testing, user training, documentation and post go live support.
- 15 years of IT experience as a technical consultant including 14 years’ experience in SAP BW 3.5, SAP BW 7.0, SAP BW 7.3, SAP BW 7.4, SAP HANA, Microsoft Power BI and BO XI R2, BO XI R3 and BO 4.2
- Lead SAP BW account for 9 Countries Live - Global Implementation of SAP BW with BO. Responsible to provide resolution to all levels of users from LATAM, APAC, EMEA, NA.
- Managing team of Onsite and Offshore resources. Onsite/Offside Coordination
- Experienced in the areas of Project and Operations Management & Co-ordination, and Solutions’ Architecting, Testing and Development.
- Extensively worked on optimizing the loading performance of SAP BW data loads and reports.
- Hands on experience in Archiving BW objects using ADK & NLS.
- Hands on experience in Archiving BW & POSDM Data into SQL server on Azure MS SQL 2016 through SSIS and Integrated SQL Server with SAP HANA using SDI (Smart data Integrator) to get archive data for Reporting.
- Worked in multiple industries like Retail, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Shipping, Insurance Services, Construction, Steel and Entertainment.
- Worked with other Project Managers to gather requirements, identify and manage Cross functional deliverables and rolling out BI solutions to end users.
- Worked on managing Budget for Support, Development and Small Enhancements
- Worked on Budget and Projects Forecast for next month and for 3 years.
- Make sure SLA and work procedures are followed by support team.
- Responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Designed, developed and implemented data models for enterprise level applications and systems.
- Ensured integration of data from both SAP and non-SAP sources. Performed impact analysis of changes and enhancements. Agile Project Management.
- Regular review of system performance. Oversight of installations, integration, upgrades, migrations and ongoing maintenance.
- Overseen testing procedures and signoff procedures. Quality gate management as well as change control and release/transport management.
- Identified and grouped scope of BW development and defined patterns for SAP BW vs ECC/BODS reports.
- Exclusively worked on reports of OTC, P2P and FICO.
- Solid End to End Technical Expertise - Extraction through Modelling to Analytics.
- Expert in building custom Update rules, Transfer rules, Transformations, Start Routine and End Routine.
- Expert in designing and developing BW Objects and Business Objects Reports. Developed and enhanced BW reports using SAP BO 3.1 and BO 4.1
- Extensively worked with ABAP on user exits, update rules and transfer rules.
- Worked with reporting agent for sending emails, alert monitor entry, exporting data, RRI.
- Experience in Unit test, Integration testing, User acceptance tests (UAT).
- Hands on experience in archiving BW objects using ADK.
- Experience in support for BODS jobs and feeds. Creating Jobs, Work flows, data flows and scripts in Data Integrator to pull data from the legacy systems and load the data into target database.
- Conducted BW reporting (BEx, BO/WEBI) features workshop with business users.
- Conducted reporting workshop strategy to gather new report requirements in BW landscape.
- Worked on reporting Governance in BEx and BO reporting areas.
- Experience in working with scheduling agents like Control M, Maestro for SAP and Non-SAP Jobs scheduling.
- Good understanding and knowledge of working with See burger for EDI reports and partner reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple assignments simultaneously and maintain high standards of client satisfaction.
- Prepared Business process documents and handled end-users training sessions by educating them on the technical limitations and alternative & efficient approaches for accessing BI data.
- Weekly Time sheet tracking of team.
Business Intelligence Tools: SAP BW 7.4, 3.5, 7.1, 7.02, 7.3
SAP Modules: FI, CO, COPA, FM, SD, MM (PUR), IRDA, IS-Retail, POSDM, Solution Manager.
Reporting Tools: Query Builder, BEx Analyzer, WAD, Report Designer, Pre-Calculation server, Enterprise Portal, Power BI
Business Object: Web Intelligence, Universe Designer, Xcelsius, SAP Business Objects Analysis 4.1, 4.2, Analysis Office 2.3/2.7, OLAP Analysis.
BODS: SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.1
Databases: Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and MS SQL Server 2016, SAP HANA 1.0
Service management tools: Service-Now - BMC, Remedy, HPQC, Jira
Business Intelligence Architect
- Working as Business Intelligence Architect.
- Managing team of Onsite and Offshore of total 7 resources.
- Provide expert guidance on SAP Business intelligence and Data Warehouse technologies like SAP BW, SAP BO, MS power BI.
- Review and Approve project and support work.
- Lead hands-on data modeling design and development on SAP BW and SAP BO.
- Archiving SAP HANA data to MS SQL server 2016 and Website data in Azure Data Lake.
- Cross system reporting using PBI. HANA and MS SQL server 2016.
- Evaluate user reporting requirements and translate to technical solution designs.
- Define SAP BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
- Establish and drive data governance standards and practices.
- Support SAP BI tool upgrades and patches across reporting landscape.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for SAP BI tools.
- Provide technical training and knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Work with business groups and technical teams to develop and maintain data warehouse
- Designed, Developed and Implemented enterprise-level Business Intelligence solutions to address ongoing business strategies
- Worked closely with SME’s, functional specialists and process owners to gather detailed business requirements and translated the requirements into robust reporting solutions.
- Developed data models, Data flow diagrams, functional design and technical design documents for BI Solutions and make sure SDLC is followed.
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- Managing support issues, ensuring performance optimization, planning and managing upgrades and enhancement packages.
- Used ABAP to develop/modify Function Modules, Programs, Start Routines, End Routines, Enhance Data Sources with User Exits, Classes for Virtual Key figures, Characteristics & Input Variable F4 help
- Extensively used BEx Analyzer, created Queries with BEx User Exit Variables, Restricted Key Figures, Calculated Key Figures, Conditions, Exceptions etc.
- Used BW Statistics, Query Monitor, Aggregates, Compressions, partition to improve the loading & Query performance
- Integrated SAP HANA systems using SDA
- Integrated SAP BW & HANA system with Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server on Azure using SSIS, SSAS and vice versa using SDI (Smart Data Integration).
- Successfully configured Table Placement for POSDM Tables and involved in Table Redistribution activity post HANA Memory scale-out.
- Monitored SAP HANA Memory utilization and created Webi report to have daily memory usage for all Memory Nodes.
- Created Webi report on SAP HANA SQL to have weekly growth/shrinkage of HANA Tables.
- Successfully setup Data Archiving process for SAP BW objects & HANA Tables into Flat files or SQL Server on Azure which helps client to reduce HANA Memory Cost.
- Manually split Data of SAP BW Cubes/DSOs > 2 Billion rows into multiple objects
- Analyzed SAP HANA Mini Check list as part of SAP HANA Recommendation.
- Created HANA Calculation Views, Analytical Views, Scripted views and Stored Procedures.
Sr. SAP BW consultant
- Managing SAP BW upgrade from SAP BW 7.0 to SAP BW 7.4. Responsibilities include creating project plan, resource estimates, and budgeting for this phase and developing high-level plans & estimates for the rest of the project.
- Leading Pre-upgrade and Post upgrade activities. Directing Pre-upgrade activities like consistency check, Clean up activity, Temp table checks, Check/Repair Status of Info Objects, Clean/delete the messages for error logs, Checks for Master data consistency, Clean up background jobs, Repair inconsistent info packages and backup for Bex query outputs before upgrade.
- Involved in HANA migration cockpit install and check pre and post upgrade activities.
- Worked on ASU Tool, SCI and STC01 during Pre and Post upgrade.
- Checked RFC’s and source system connections and replication of source system.
- Involved in Post upgrade activities like check for Delta working fine, Check data flow for master data and Process chain up to Bex query.
- Migrated older version of Bex queries to newer version.
- Involved in testing master data and transaction data loads.
- Checked the routines, transformations and DTP’s.
- Checked Aggregates and Indexes of Info cube.
- Validated Bex query and report output after upgrade.
- Involved in checks for existing and new functionality of BW 7.4
- Involved in UAT for Quality and mock testing before Production.