- GDPR, FERPA, PCI/DSS, Some SOX, Some HIPAA
- RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows 2012R2, Windows 2016, Windows 2019
- Active Directory, LDAP, Confidential IAM
- VMWare ESX, Citrix Xen, Hyper - V
- Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
- DNS, NTP, Load Balancers, Firewalls, Software Defined Networking, Reverse Proxy Servers
- Assessment, Mitigation, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Honeyd, Labrea, SNORT, ACID, Wireshark, Nessus, Cobalt Strike, netcat, pcap, nmap, tcpdump, fail2ban, ModSecurity
- Cassandra, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, PostgreSQL, MSSQL
- Apache, Tomcat, Nginx
- Bash Shell Scripting, Powershell Scripting, PHP, Python, Ruby, Git, Redmine, Jira, Scala
- Trello, Project, Agile, SCRUM, Kanban
- Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, WebEx, Slack
Technical Solution Manager
- Collaborate with sales team to provide technical expertise during the sales process
- Design advanced integrated solutions for software, hardware, and support delivery
- Design service workflows and process for clients, third party suppliers, and support delivery teams
- Conduct product demonstrations with clients including executives as well as C levels (e.g. CEO, CIO, CFO, CTO, etc.)
- Responsible for the development and sale of infrastructure, network, and workplace services
- Make holistic assessment of client needs and tying solutions into a cloud based architecture
- Responding to RFPs and RFIs to orchestrate complex multiyear custom solutions and cost cases
- Elicit and evaluate both functional and non-functional requirements to determine optimal proposed solution
- Create and maintain strong relationships with clients as a trusted advisor
- Communicating ideas and proposed solutions executives and other stakeholders
- Leverage innovative solutions and emerging technologies to improve ROI on proposals
- Assessing SOWs, DOUs, and negotiating with delivery teams and vendors on customized services
- Work with legal team to refine contract language for custom solutions
- Vet proposed solutions for fitness for purpose and technical feasibility
- Obtain necessary approvals, track and update with reports to management and stakeholders
- Generate high level solution design documents
- Facilitate demos, white board discussions, and POCs
- Provide technical support to the sales team in developing solutions and proposals
- Assessing systems and architecture currently in place and make recommendations for improvements both to process and architecture.
- Responsible for development and implementation of repeatable solutions and sharing those with other Technical Solution Managers
- Providing guidance on integration and assessing the business impacts that technical choices have
- Providing updates to stakeholders on risk, time, cost, and effort for potential projects
- Act as a champion for changing architectural standards and guidelines to promote the use of newer technologies like containers, micro-services, automation and AI
- Recommend solutions, upgrades, or replacements based on business needs and productivity gains
Senior EU Support Manager
- Leading by example and Managing 2 LOBs Support (Tier 1 and Tier 2) and Technical Account Managers.- a team of 45-50 full-time employees including 3 front-line managers
- Working with a very diverse group of 10 to 12 nationalities
- Managing service level agreements and customer satisfaction. Identifying opportunities to reduce support through product improvements, automation, self-service, documentation, training, and on-line support.
- Providing leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations and coaching employees to achieve support goals.
- Planning and managing the team’s schedules along with their technical and professional development.
- Selected managers and assisted with hiring front-line employees.
- Created structure in a newly formed organization by aligning processes with the global team
- Working with front-line mangers to define individual and team KPIs based on data driven metrics
- Collected data and created metrics dashboards so that teams and individuals can trend their performance
- Driving customer-centric mentality throughout the team via training on cultural differences (North American vs European vs Asian)
- Best practices in customer service for interacting with various cultures as the team provides global customer support
- Increasing the center’s NPS from 37 to 58 in a matter of months via the items above
- Managed team’s budget for Amsterdam center ensuring that staffing levels were met
- Managing GDPR implementation, training, and compliance in EU Support Team
- Created a framework to objectively determine the current skill levels of employees
- Standardize skill levels for each position
- Align current skills with future global requirements
- Creating a training platform with industry standard training materials
Business and Data Analyst
- Designed initiatives to quantitatively analyze and improve business processes, gain competitive advantages, and drive profitable growth.
- Predictive analytics for hardware replacement and fraud detection
- Prescriptive analytics for infrastructure management and product management
- Descriptive analytics for customer issues to locate bugs in software and other underlying problems
- Utilized data capture and modeling technologies to lead business process and workflow mapping and analysis during a company-wide Quality Improvement initiative. Collaborated with other teams to ensure support for the company-wide improvement program.
- Compiled and analyzed multiple data sources to identify customer and internal process trends; built and utilized Cassandra, Spark, and Scala to develop meaningful reporting on these trends, and provided alternative solutions to address these business trends. Presented influential proposals to senior management regarding the various trends and detailed solutions.
Senior System Engineer
- Served as the front-line contact for sensitive, high-value customer accounts, including Fortune 500 companies, managing the following systems and technical functions: Linux, Windows, VMWare ESX, Citrix Xen VMs, Load Balancing, Software Defined Networking, SAN, NAS, Firewalls, and other cloud technologies.
- Managed global Active Directory domain for all Confidential Cloud Managed Hosting customers including GPOs, Certificate Authorities, multi-factor authentication, and replication.
- Responsible for all aspects of management, administration, and technical support in Windows, CentOS, RedHat, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, CloudLinux, Brocade Vyatta, Citrix Netscalers, Quantastor, Fortigate Firewalls, VMWare, and other operating systems in customer environments. Ensured consistent compatibility with established infrastructure when upgrading to new versions of these operating systems.
- Wrote and applied firewall rules, routing rules, and load balancing rules to various devices.
- Created and managed point-to-point IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Established standards for system monitoring and performance, support, maintenance and utilization for each customer; regularly provided proactive communication on these standards to customers and leadership. Also analyzed business data metrics and recommended changes to customer environments based upon quantitative reports.
- Assisted in the development of formal policies and procedures for the Managed Services team and their product offerings; created and maintained documentation for policies and procedures, and ensured the information was shared and trained amongst the team.
- Lead multiple customer systems improvement projects, effectively managing priorities and deadlines for both the internal team and external customers.
- Utilized technical and customer service skills to assist with internal department escalations regarding a wide variety of customer-facing issues, such as networking, storage, server deployment, service issues, and technical questions.