- 8+ years of Extensive experience in Business Intelligence Tools using SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview, BIG DATA, SAP HANA, IoT (Internet Of Things).
- Worked on end - to-end implementation on Data warehouse development management (Data warehousing and Business Intelligence) and Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts Star Schema, Snowflake Schemas and Multi-Dimensional Models for query and analysis requirements
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to gather and understand Complex data and translate Business Knowledge to Technical Data/Visualizations and vice versa.
- BI Tools and Dashboards migration e.g.: COGNOS to SAP BO and SAP BO to Tableau POC
- POC of Migration from Oracle Star schema to SAP HANA
- With Strong Knowledge in all phases of Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as developing, testing, Migrating, Administrating, security management and production supporting.
- Experience includes project planning, estimation, budgeting, resource finalization and technology planning.
- Work with Third party vendors for relationships, support and resolving issues.
- Experience in creating Metrics and Analytics like Customer Analytics, Health care Analytics, Financial Planning Analytics etc. and also create diverse Dashboards for better decision purpose.
- Experience in creating Dashboards, Metrics, Rules, Alerts and Goals using various BI technologies for user analysis based on user requirements.
- Create best practices for Enterprise DW architectures and Dashboards.
- Involved in training internal business users and external vendors on creating ad-hoc reports.
- ETL/ELT tools like SAP BO Data Services/Integrator, Informatica, Pentaho: Created ETL Mappings, jobs, Workflows, Data flows, Single and Multiple Source Consolidation..
- Experience in Integration of various data sources like SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 , SAP ECC, Oracle 10g/9i, MS Access, DB2 UDB.
- Proficient in working on development environment in different RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.) and strong troubleshooting skills
- Expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, My SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Packages, Views, Indexes.
- Hiring of Leads, Developers and also Mentor fellow team members and users
ETL Tools: SAP Business Objects Data Services, Pentaho, Informatica
OLAP & Reporting Tools: Business Objects XI 4.x/3.1/3.0/R2/6.5 (Designer, CMC, Dashboard manager, Web Intelligence), Xcelsius 2008,Tableau, Cognos, Qlikview, Oracle Business Intelligence
Modeling: Star schema, Rapid Miner, Snow-Flaking, Normalization, Hadoop
Databases: SAP ERP, MSSQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 12c/11g/10g, SAP HANA, DB2 UDB, MS Access
Languages: COBOL, RPG, C, Perl, VB scripts
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Others: MS Office(Excel, Access, Project, Word,PowerPoint), IMS, CICS, Flash
Business Intelligence Engineer
- Partnered with business owners, project manager, dev manager to proactively understand ongoing projects (business and technical changes) and identify project impacts on BI
- Build dashboards for full visibility into operational performance, track KPIs and strategic scorecards, and understand how your organization stacks up against industry benchmarks.
- Analyzed business processes ensuring best practices were captured and implemented consistently.
- SAP BO dashboards to Tableau Migration POC
- Translate complex Business requirements to Technical requirements
- Work with developers in architecting the solutions and provide sample models / Queries or POC solutions for faster development
- Develop complex SQL queries
- POC and Knowledge of Data science and Predictive Analytics using Rapid miner
- Create and validate Linear and Logistic regression models
- Define solutions & frameworks with BI or Data Visualization tools
- Provide Mobile Dashboard Solutions for Executives and Sales Reps to empower them with the latest information available at their fingertips.
- Provide advanced data discovery capabilities help business users identify and understand these relationships and leverage them for a strategic advantage.
- Holistic dashboards to see trends at a high level with a real time view of selected metrics and simply drill down to uncover the underlying data for root cause analysis.
- Provide Self Service BI to enable business users to access the specific data desired, quickly and easily with dependency on Data analysts or IT
- Understand the metrics (Real-time or Batch updates) and provide appropriate Information Lifecycle management.
- Incorporate additional data sources into the BI application which ensures a single basis of truth and eliminates data synchronization issues.
- Establish governance process to align business objectives and department initiatives.
Business Intelligence & Analytics Practice
- Tasked to establish a complete solution and delivery organization manage the development and delivery of an Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Center of Excellence (COE)
- Worked closely with the project management team to analyze and consolidate request requirements to improve the decision planning process and meeting project deadlines.
- Defined data requirements and report layouts for the business to review. Created testing plans and scripts based on requirements.
- SAP HANA - Created Attribute Views, Analytic Views and Calculation Views to model data.
- Connect to SAP HANA Modeling Views in SAP Lumira
- Experience in leading centre of excellence / practice for Business Intelligence tools like SAP BO, Tableau, Pentaho Kettle, Cognos, HANA etc.
- Hiring and Mentoring of Architects, Leads, members and users
- Worked with the reporting developer to gathered, created and provided tests plan for 28 reports for four departments in three months.
- Business Development, Pre-sales and Sales support to targeted Accounts in US/Europe.
- Targeting SAP BI/BO customers to add more value to their existing system
- Architecting BI & Dashboards Agile reporting solutions using leading BI tools - SAP Business Objects, Xcelsius, Pentaho, Tableau, Qlikview and Cognos Solutions
- Contribute to marketing activities and development of new service offerings in BI, Analytics, Big Data and IoT (Internet Of Things).
- Create best practices for Enterprise DW architectures, OLAP and Data Marts
- Build Internal and Customer centric BI products - Like ETL testing framework, Sentiment analysis products
- Define solutions & frameworks with BI or Data Visualization tools
- Built team of successful developers, leads, and data /quality analysts for ETL, Data Warehouse, Big Data, Analytics, and Business Intelligence.
- Work with other departments and/or peers to provide comprehensive BI solutions across the departments
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Business Intelligence Architect
- Gathered functional requirements from CEO, CIO, CFO and Senior Vice Presidents (Marketing/Sales/Production/Procurement/Accounting) for DWBI platform, Data Engineering, Reports and Dashboards
- Design Data warehouse/Data Mart tables (Dimension and Fact). Data Modeling to build Scalable data models to accommodate future data growth
- Identify Data Source tables from SAP and pull data to Extended Rapid Mart database tables.
- Build ETL Mappings, Data flows and Workflows using BO Data Services ETL tool
- Mentoring Team members and Users on creating Business Objects reports and help them in solving complex issues
- Daily Monitoring of ETL jobs and Report Refresh Jobs and fix if any issues found
- Create and Modify Business Objects Universes
- Resolve various issues like Loops, Chasm and Fan Traps
- Involved in building, Testing and Tuning Data warehouse Tables, Business Intelligence Reports
- Created queries to extract data from database for multi-dimensional analysis using Slice & Dice, Master Detail and Drill up/down/by/through functionality.
- Evaluation of New Software releases, service and fix packs
- Created and Maintained 80+ Webi reports with Drill capabilities and Alerts
- Spearheaded and Architected 10 Xcelsius dashboards using Live office
- Used multi value components like line, bar charts, stacked column charts and combination charts, and single value components like gauge, slider and progress bars in the development of the Dashboards.
- Extensively used slice and dice, filtering and ranking to create cross tab and master/detail reports.
- Used alerts to highlight critical data based on business conditions.
- Created templates to support corporation style and color scheme.
- Develop Consolidation Methodology for Single and Multiple Source Dimensions
- End to End Testing of Data warehouse and BI.
- Expertise in full Cycle of BI Implementation (From Data Source to Analytics)