- Well - rounded, hands-on, innovative individual having 5 years of experience in Information technology with over 3 years in Data Analytics committed to solving business problems and improving skills
- Experienced with full software development life cycle, object-oriented programming, database design, and agile methodologies.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts using Python, JAVA.
- Utilize Microsoft excel and access to manipulate, cleanse, and process large data set.
- Proficient in SQL databases MS SQL and Oracle.
- Experience in writing Subqueries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions on MS SQL and Oracle database.
- Experience in Data Transformation, Metadata, Data Dictionary, Data Loading, Modelling, and Performance Tuning.
- Experience implementing dashboards, data visualization, and analytics using Tableau desktop.
- Experience in implementation of Data Cleanup Procedures, Transformation, Scripts, Stored Procedures, and execution of Test plans for loading the data successfully into Targets.
- Good Knowledge of web services using SOAP and REST protocols.
- Good knowledge of Version Control Software - SVN, GitHub.
- Good knowledge of Apache Spark for using Big Data
- Hands-on experience with bug tracking tools JIRA and IBM Peregrine.
- Good Knowledge of SDLC, Waterfall, Test-driven development (TDD), and Agile/Scrum Methodologies.
- Skilled in debugging/troubleshooting issues in complex applications.
- Excellent team player with strong Communication and interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and positive attitude.
Programing languages: Python, JAVA, R, SQL
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, OracleData Visualization Tableau and Power BI
Source Control: SVN, CVS, Git, GitHub
IDE’s: NetBeans, Eclipse, PyCharm, Sublime Text
Bug Tracking Tools: Bugzilla and JIRA
Big Data Processing: Apache Spark (PySpark)
Machine Learning: Linear and Logistic Regression Algorithms, Random Forest, Cluster Analysis, K-Means Clustering, Support Vector machines, Time Series Modeling, Chi-Squared analysis and A/B tests Methods, Predictive Analytics
Data Analytics Specialist
- Was among the top 1% percent of the students who will be chosen as a Graduate Research Assistant at Confidential effectively handling more 400 Undergraduate Students each semester working towards their continuous improvement.
- Developed Python scripts, to extract the student information and performed regression analysis to document the findings.
- Developed Machine learning models and python scripts for analysis and real time data prediction and visualizing the data points.
- Created a high-level ER model for the student database, used the ER model to build the database and populate it with the data.
- Tested Database by writing queries in MS SQL to extract the data from the created database, writing SQL queries to extract data.
- Present the final outcomes and findings to the assessment committee and working with other department counter parts for documenting.
- Performed data analysis using SQL, provided quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Assessed tests and implemented new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Managed master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Provided technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, data mapping and data cleansing.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Developed Tableau reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
Business Data Analyst
- Collaborated with various business teams to document and translate business requirements to technical user stories using Agile methodology, decreasing gaps in requirements and requirements gathering time by 50%
- Created Tableau dashboards to report key metrics, using action filters, parameters and calculated fields and communicated business insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Improved the process of predicting credit defaulters for a bank, by introducing Logistic regression algorithm in Python
- Gathered large structured and unstructured data from multiple sources to perform data analysis using Python, making datasets usable for visualization reporting and analytical modeling
- Conducted data mining techniques and retrieval of data by applying statistical and mathematical analyses, identifying trends and solving analytical problems
- Worked on writing complex SQL queries in performing Data analysis using window functions, joins, improving performance by creating partitioned tables.
- Analyzed 15 years of bank trade data using Oracle RDBMS and formulated an action plan for project migration and decommission, completing business sign off before deadline
- Led a team of 8 people in migrating and decommissioning a module of Java applications
- Wrote Subqueries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, and Functions on MySQL and PostgreSQL database.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks. Interfacing with supervisors, artists, systems administrators and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules, and data definitions.
- Created Data Mapping Document, for defining data flow between data source and target, with business rules.
- Developed tools using Python, Power Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices and development life cycles, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience working with Agile and Test-Driven development within the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Participated in grooming backlog, daily scrums, retrospectives, and sprint reviews with product owner and technology partners to meet release timelines and adding business value.
- Headed 35-member onsite and offshore team in client training and compliance to support client engagement
- Automated job monitoring and ad hoc report generation using complex SQL queries and JAVA, improving application performance and reducing 80 manual hours/ month
- Supervised new hires on technical knowledge to develop business logic coding, reducing training effort by 50 hours/month
- Optimized a major issue that was causing financial reconciliation for the bank using SQL and Core JAVA, saving $100,000 for the client