- Highly analytical, solution - driven and team-oriented strategic thinker with extensive experience in planning, developing, and managing projects, people, schedules and priorities with the Information Technology sector.
- Proven record of increasing application performance and reducing production delivery issues.
- Successfully and efficiently known to guide technical teams in application management and delivery. Key competency areas include:
- Team Leadership | Product Support | Agile, Scrum, Waterfall | Project Management | MVS Systems | COBOL
Confidential, Lone Tree, CO
- Reviewed, oversaw and ensured accurate delivery of mainframe efforts and code implementations.
- Oversaw up to 15 applications supporting over 35 internal domains and interfacing with 13 external systems.
- Collaborated with Business to prioritize and implement over 90 separate EPICs from small enhancement items to large projects during 2018 with no implementation-associated outages.
- Led CAT development and delivery of company critical projects to include Senior Vulnerable Investors, Customer Due Diligence, Tax related changes and client experience projects including Paperless processing, Customer Profile changes/Digital Self-Service.
- Built and strengthened relationships with strategic technical partners to include multiple front-end teams to include Rep UI, and company flagship Schwab.com and SAC.com and other back-end teams to include electronic correspondence and next generation customer data storage. Partnerships helped teams strengthen collaboration and understand the immediate and future needs of the teams.
- Led teams’ transition from waterfall methodologies to agile/scrum delivery and from mainframe legacy platforms to cloud foundry Java technologies, collaborating with Schwab agile coaches and other agile experts.
- Established a production support team. Developed initial policies and procedures, established processing priorities, reviewed and approved metrics reporting and provided direction when procedures were in question.
Confidential, Lake Mary, FL
Manager, Cost Basis Reporting System
- Hands on managed three mainframe Cost Basis Reporting offshore teams totaling 15 individuals with responsibilities for development, re-engineering, performance tuning, testing and quality control.
- Implemented standard development life cycle procedures where few existed. Obtained formal agreement on changes from Business partners before initiating or implementing development efforts.
- Obtained Cost Basis Business understanding and reviewed IRS Guidelines for background and intent, ensuring technology designs met minimum needs of Business and applicable regulations.
- Managed redevelopment effort of four teams to help correctly identify covered and non-covered securities and to implement process improvements efforts to centralize logic.
- Established a COBOL testing review process to institute quality coding, testing and implementations.
- Developed guides for developers to ensure effective, efficient, and maintainable code.
Confidential, Mettawa, IL
Basel Mainframe Application Architect
- Oversaw Basel Regulatory and Compliance technical processing to include management, architecture, design, and full lifecycle development that supports credit card, mortgage, and auto loan systems.
- Developed technical team by providing guidance, training, and oversight on multiple concurrent projects.
- Served as Mainframe liaison to business teams, and managed oversight of priority projects through delivery.
- Championed the implementation of a system to expedite delivery of compliance production changes in minimum time, ensuring solutions aligned with long-term strategies. Standardized processing and delivery.
- Led a cross-functional technical team in the implementation of a server-based, data quality application.
- Included daily involvement with eight technology and business teams and other supplemental teams on a frequent basis.
- Led team of four onshore individuals and six offshore contractors during discovery, design, and build of a retail card services reengineering effort. Designed changes in Card Retail Services processes to ensure quick turnaround on business requirements and implementations.
- Presented proposals, concepts, and project information via MS Office products such as Visio and PowerPoint.
Confidential, Highlands Ranch, CO
Senior Analyst/Technical Lead
- Led a team of five Mainframe developers in the delivery of high quality products to Business customers.
- Managed a major vendor upgrade to application and back-end processing, ensuring that all in-house applications were modified to communicate with new vendor processes. Served as primary point-of-contact to vendor throughout implementation of upgrade. Ensured all critical issues were resolved prior to implementation.
- Designed, developed and implemented a customer account archival and de-archival system to replace vendor-processing tool that did not meet company performance requirements. Reduced processing time by 90 percent.
- Performance tuned high cost/long run time applications. Reduced costs in excess of $27K per month in 2006 and $40K per month in 2007. Reduced nightly critical path time by 100 minutes during 2007.
- Reduced unit person-hours required to support test systems. Designed applications to refresh test systems with production data. Reduced total test system build time from multiple people/days to one person/two-hours.
- Planned and managed mid-tier server virtualization, saving over $15,000 a month in server CPU costs.
- Coordinated all aspects of the creation of new collection test environments to include mainframe DB2 environments and mid-tier application server environments.
- Learned, trained, and coached. Learned new processes assigned to unit, documented methods and procedures, and instructed co-workers until they were confident of their responsibilities.
- Known for providing total Business satisfaction. Discussed projects in business terms. Learned processes based on their workflow. Implemented major projects with functionality exceeding Business requirements, ahead of schedule, under budget, and defect free.