- Over 14 years of total IT industry experience of which 12+ years on Microsoft Business Intelligence tools and on Database development & Client - Server Architecture.
- Extensive experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence application design, development and deployment with SQL Server.
- Experience in Client Server applications using Visual Basic, Active X, ADO, COM, HTML, ASP & VBScript and worked on Windows NT, 95, 98, 2000, Windows XP, Server 2003 and Windows 7 &10 platforms.
- Experience in coordinating with users in gathering source data files, defining data elements, business rules, data and process flow documentation, prepare High level and Low level design documents.
- Expert in designing ETL data flows using SSIS; creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Data Migration and Transformation from Oracle/Access/Excel Sheets/flat files using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Proficient in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging, Archive data files from different legacy systems using SSMS on SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 environment and deploy the data, Schedule the jobs to execute these tasks periodically.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations, increasing default buffer sizes and rows, parallelism, applying all SSIS best practices.
- Having exposure in data visualization tools by creating dashboards/workbooks/reports.
- Having experience in creating ETL using Informatica Designer and Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets along with re-usable tasks like sessions, pre/post session commands.
- Having experience in Data modeling using Erwin.
- Performed performance optimization for several projects with significant performance gain.
- Experienced in creating and using Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, User Defined Functions, Sub-Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables and exception handlers.
- Proficient in SQL Server and T-SQL (DDL and DML) in constructing Tables, Normalization/ De normalization Techniques on database Tables.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization. Applying stats on key tables to improve SQL performance.
- Experience in creating and managing fragmentation of Indexes to achieve better query performance.
- Expert in developing SSIS packages. Experience in SSIS 2005 to SSIS 2012 Migration and Metadata Management.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Have good knowledge on designing and processing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cubes, Dimension modelling (Star and Snowflake schema), OLAP architecture, MOLAP & ROLAP.
- Extensively worked on Creating, Populating and maintaining Data marts. Thorough knowledge of Features, Structure, Attributes, Hierarchies, Star and Snow Flake Schemas of Data Marts.
- Having experience on Database administration like creating the roles, users and giving the permissions for the database, tables, functions etc.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Expertise in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Drill-down, Drill-through and Cascading reports using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS).
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/XP/2000/2003 Server, UNIX
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL,HIVE HQL, Shell ScriptingRDBMS/Databases, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012Data Modeling, MS Visio
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, SSIS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Data Transformation Services, AbInitio, Hive, Informatica Power center.
Confidential, Irvine, CA, USA
- Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development efforts. Play a key role as a technical lead or individual contributor on complex projects. Maintain an excellent technical understanding of the supported application(s).
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks for any scope project.
- Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
- Confer with other development, operations and technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans. Complete any required debugging. Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation. Prepare charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems. Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated periods and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies. Lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Recommend new technology and related policies or processes to enhance applications and ensure technical support provided clients is efficient and effective to meet internal and external customer needs. Provide technical feedback to internal application owners on current or proposed vendor software, including what the application does or the extent it supports predefined business needs.
- Complete status reports on system changes; present project, status or activity-related information to senior management to ensure their awareness of pertinent issues and that the technology portfolio is efficiently and effectively supporting applications that meet business needs.
- Identify performance and effectiveness enhancement opportunities and recommend new policies and procedures that support improvement.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or technology study activities.
Environment: Microsoft BI: SSIS, Informatica for building the ETL pipeline to read data from flat files provided by multiple sources, Building Rest APIs for cloud integration. Database: SQL server 2010, JIRA, Confluence
Confidential, Livingston, NJ, USA
Senior SSIS/SQL Developer
- Working with business users and business analyst for requirements gathering.
- Extracted Data from various sources like flat files, MS Excel, MS Access Oracle and Sqldata based on user requirement using with SSIS and loaded data into target, by scheduling the sessions.
- Written SQL Scripts and Views to extract data from database and for Application Reporting Purposes.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Using with SQL scripts generated Monthly Applications reports for Business Users.
- Created complex stored procedures to perform Index maintenance, data profiling, metadata search, critical staging procedures for loading data marts and reporting database.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Provided documentation for the implemented procedures that involves Go live activities and support work.
- Used SSIS to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created Sequence in SQL Server 2012 to insert same identity value in multiple dimension tables as per the business rules.
- Proficient in Migration of Data from various heterogeneous sources to MS SQL server by using SSIS/DTS utility or by Linked Server.
- Monitored and troubleshoot jobs in production, preview and development servers.
- Scheduled SSIS jobs (SQL Agent) and migrates DTS packages to SSIS packages using DTS exchange.
- Worked on Query Optimization, analyzing the execution plan and index management for better Query performance
- Created SSIS packages for Dynamic ETL flow to validate, extract, transform and load data into database.
- Created Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub-reports, Charts, and Grids using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created SSISDB catalog with SQL Server 2012 to support SSIS package deployments in SSMS with Environment variables respective to each environment.
- Involved in debugging of packages with help of Breakpoints, Checkpoints, Event Handlers and Loggings.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization on SSIS, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Automated the ETL process by scheduling SSIS package execution by creating jobs.
- Ensure regular Database backups and implementing tests on backups and generating reports.
- Worked on database activities not limited to resolving performance issues, utilizing high availability options, create/drop/offline database, solving job failures, start stop SQL services.
- Performed maintenance activities like analyzing/rebuilding indexes, update statistics based on business needs.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Visual Studio, BIDS, SQL Data tools, Erwin, JIRA, MS Team Foundation Server(TFS).
Technical Lead Developer
- Worked closely with application users, business and senior analysts, architects and other developers to analyze, design and develop database related components for data flow and data content/quality issues.
- Leading & working with the Team in designing & building Data warehouse as part of.
- Created ETL Extraction Strategy architecture as part of Development plan to extract & load data
- From source systems to operational staging and to DW.
- Extensively worked on performance tuning of slow running stored procedures.
- Worked on Debugging and maintenance of ETL packages and ETL optimization using SQL Server best practices (using unblocking Transformations and row transformations for better Performance).
- Created the SSIS packages to read/extract the data from excel sheets, SQL Server, other data sources and merge into SQL Server and vice-versa, involved in scheduling and monitoring.
- Developed Complex ETL SSIS packages purpose of which to load Fact and dimension tables.
- Handled multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Defined test conditions and developed accurate and complete test plans.
- Created Development and Production support documents.
- Monitored issues on regular basis and resolved issues based on the priority.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SSIS, Windows 2003, SSMS, Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS) 2008, Visio, MS Visual Source Safe, TFS, JIRA.
Tech Lead / SQL Server /SSIS Developer
- Extensively worked on stored procedures, triggers, Views, cursors, CTE’s, T-SQL scripts, schemas, permissions and performance issues with client/server database design and wrote Queries with best execution plan.
- Created UserDefinedFunctions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Defined Checkconstraints, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Worked with Exception handling with @@error.
- Designed SSIS Package for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transform and load into the Staging Data base.
- Created packages using Environment Variables for Dynamic Selection of Development and Production Environments.
- Created packages using script task, containers to logically execute the SSIS package to improve performance and execution time.
- Worked on data cleansing techniques using look ups, conditional split.
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental Loading and slowly changing dimensions.
- Developed Query for generating drill down and drill through reports in SSRS 08.
- Uploaded reports on to the report manager and organized them into folders.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008, SSIS, Windows 2003, SSMS, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) 2008, MS Visual Source Safe TFS.
Tech Lead / SQL Server /SSIS Developer
- Participated in gathering User Requirements and System Specifications.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Normalized the database into small tables by applying rules of Normalization, defined Check Constraint and applied Business Rules.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to perform bulk insert operations from SQL Server 2008 databases to flat files/CSV files and vice versa.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to datawarehouse databases, datamart databases.
- Improved automation of existing processes of SQL using stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Worked Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task and xml task.
- Created SSIS packages to extract the data from CSV Files. These files contain varying numbers of columns.
- Used query analyzer to write several DBCC commands and perform database performance tuning.
- Performed job scheduling to ensure execution of certain jobs and daily updates.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, MS Excel, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS) 2008/2005,SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio,TFS.
Confidential, Louisville US
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Collected and managed data information including its regions, patients, ICD 10 codes, GPs.
- Worked in creating complex Stored Procedures, DTS packages, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications.
- Experience in Creating SSIS packages to integrate the data coming from various data sources.
- Analyzed, designed and developed Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes for a data warehousing and Data Migrations projects using Integration services (SSIS) on SQL Server 2005.
- Migrated SQL server 2000 DTS packages to SQL Server 2005 SSIS packages using SQL Server 2005 Upgrade Advisor.
- Responsible for the design of the SSIS packages for updating the data mart from OLTP database and validation of the aggregate data from the ODS and the OLTP Database.
- Validated business rules and data mapping rules and Performed data modeling, data integration modeling and design.
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental loading and slowly changing dimensions.
- Used various data flow and control flow controls for the ETL.
- Develop and support reports built with Microsoft Reporting Services on SQL Server 2005.
- Set up database backup and recovery strategies.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS, SSRS, Windows server 2003, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Confidential, Chicago, US
Database Developer/DBA Consultant
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various DTS packages.
- Migration of databases from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005. DTS to SSIS 2005 packages
- Involved in Data modeling to develop the database design.
- Involved in designing of Conceptual Logical Model and Physical Model.
- Created new database objects like Sequences, Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and additional Referential Integrity.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Scheduling transfer of backups and log files to different servers.
- Creation of schema objects, rules and granting of roles to the users.
- Testing and implementing Database Backup Procedures, Restoration Procedures, Disaster Recovery procedures and Contingency plans.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, DTS, T-SQL, Windows Server 2000/2003.