With over twenty years as a Business Intelligence Data Architect, Mr. Sheffield has successfully implemented numerous business intelligence solutions ranging from enterprise data warehouses and data marts to custom OLAP reporting systems. Mr. Sheffield’s solutions consistently exceed customer expectations and are delivered on time.Recent Engagements
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Confidential, Greenplum
OLAP Clients: MicroStrategy, Tableau, Toad/ Confidential SQL Assistant, SQL Server Management Studio, Cognos, SAP (MDX) Connector
Data Modeling: Erwin, Power Designer, Visio
- MicroStrategy Platform
- Data Warehousing
- Problem Solving
- Financial Services
- Energy (Oil & Gas)
Senior BI Solutions Architect
- Responsible for implementing MicroStrategy solutions for various business partners.
- Duties include gathering requirements, designing logical and physical data models to support data sources required for the data mart, providing wire frame mockups for dashboards and analytics, developing dashboards and analytics to provide actionable data to end users, and maintaining the MicroStrategy environment from an administrative perspective which would includes user management, cube and report scheduling, migrations between environments, and upgrades.
Senior MicroStrategy Engineer
- Responsible for design, maintenance, and development of the Pieces Tech software stack.
Senior BI Consultant
- Responsible for the gathering and development of new requirements for existing dashboards across multiple projects.
- This typically includes identifying source data, developing models to support the MicroStrategy reporting requirements, and developing the MicroStrategy schema following best practices.
- Manage scope and estimates for MicroStrategy related work in an agile environment, creating user stories in Jira, providing daily updates, and delivering results in line with estimates. Address open issues in Jira backlog by providing solutions to resolve existing defects or enhancements.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 10.3(upgrading to 10.10), Confidential, SQL Server.
- Helped lead a team of five developers to successfully deliver a series of MicroStrategy dashboards to the business sponsor of long - term services and supports and dual eligibles.
- Managed and created project plans, scope, risks, and issues as well as helped develop a Business Intelligence roadmap for a capital budget request to continue development through 2017.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 10.3, Confidential, SQL Stored Procedures.
- Assisted customers build business intelligence solutions following industry standards and methodologies by providing sound technical guidance and leadership.
Senior MicroStrategy Architect
- Participated in Scrum team to develop a spend analytics dashboard for the product management team.
- Responsible for sizing and developing new functionality introduced into the dashboard.
- Participated in analyzing and preparing for a MicroStrategy upgrade to version 10.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 9.4.1, Confidential, Confidential SQL Assistant
MicroStrategy Program Manager
- Led the end-to-end conversion of the Cognos reporting environment to the MicroStrategy platform.
- Provided creative solutions for dynamic, personalized email subscriptions.
- Created various proof of concepts for different business areas and provided initial user training.
- Lead team to develop an iPad application for the account team to help drive sales and identify areas of improvement.
- Managed onshore/offshore resources to maintain 16 hour development cycle.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 9.3.1 (Cloud 3.0), SQL Server, Oracle, SAP MDX BEX Queries
- Led initiative to convert the MicroStrategy environment to the Greenplum Database backend.
- Provided guidance to the IT department on the conversion process which included an upgrade to an older MicroStrategy 8.0 environment.
- Performed all cutover activities related to the transition.
- Worked with business users in various departments on the intricacies between the two environments.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 9.2.1, Confidential, Greenplum
- Designed data model to support dashboard solution for data management services.
- Created MicroStrategy schema in support of the MicroStrategy project.
- Worked with administration group to create stored procedures responsible for dynamic dashboard access.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 9.2.1, SQL Server
- Provided business intelligence implementation assistance to customers while managing various internal projects and resources.
- Interacted with business users, gathered requirements and provided business intelligence solutions to satisfy the analytical needs of the customer.
Delivery Manager / MicroStrategy Architect
- Managed multiple resources across several projects at the client site.
- Worked with project management to define and outline MicroStrategy tasks and deliverables for a store performance dashboard project that was rolled out to 1,100 Confidential stores.
- Assisted UI design team and business ownership team on designing the MicroStrategy user interface.
- Worked with database team to design semantic layer to support the dashboard reporting requirements. Developed MicroStrategy schema to support the dashboard project.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 8.1.1, DB2 UDB, Confidential SQL Assistant
- Responsible for developing an online reporting system which included 28 report services documents and over 500 schema objects delivered in a very short timeframe.
Technical Environment: MicroStrategy 8.0.2, DB2, DBVisualizer