Confidential is a Senior Enterprise Application Integration consultant with over 18 years industry experience with Gentran Server and IBM Sterling B2B Integrator. In this capacity, Confidential has been involved as a Senior Delivery Consultant or Technical Lead for numerous mid to large scale implementations. His success is attributed to his technical skills, business acumen and strong work ethic. Confidential has frequently been recalled by clients during multi - stage deployments.
Sterling B2B Integrator 4.0 - 5.2.x
Gentran Server for Windows NT 5.3
Sterling File Gateway
Mule 4, Anypoint Platform/Studio
RAML with JSON/XML
XML, XPath, BPML, XSLT, HTML
Oracle PL/SQL, SQL
FTP(s), sFTP, HTTP(s), AS2, SMTP, JDBC, ODBC, MQ Series, Connect Direct, SOAP, REST
JDE One World, Enterprise One (E1)
AS/400, OS/390, AIX 5.3
Office 2013, Visio, MSProject, TOAD, DBVisualizer, SQLPlus, FileZilla, WSFTP, Putty, SQLDeveloper, Eclipse
B2B Integrator Architect
- Installed and configured Gentran Server for Windows, trading partner relationships, EDI and communication sessions including File System, MAPI and FTP Gateways. Implemented AS2 partners In B2Bi with File System Gateway in Gentran Server. Performed mapping for 850, 810, 820, 823 and 856 document types.
- Conducted knowledge transfer session for EDI staff on mapping and EDI processing best practices.
- Responsible for Migration Design from Gentran UNIX to B2Bi 5.2.5 Linux for phased migration.
- Implementation of Confidential Framework for facilitation of integration with back-end system, VAN communication, FTP over VPN, SFTP, Connect Direct, SFTP, PGP encryption, TDAccess for data compression, Data Visibility and partner onboarding.
- Mapping design and testing for X12, EDIFACT, XML, SQL and SAP, UDF and JDE formats.
- Architecture Design and Plan for As-Is and Future state
- Installation and Configuration of Core Product, Confidential Framework, SAP Suite
- System Performance Testing and Tuning
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator Developer
- Created XML to Oracle SQL maps including XML and EDI Order Creation, invoice and complex ASN payloads.
- Developed custom SOAP web services business processes for sending XML payload to Oracle E-Business Suite (OEBS).
- This included creation of customer accounts and updates to existing customer records.
- Currently performing IT/SIT and UAT Testing prior to migration from SAP to OEBS and TIBCO Business Suite.
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator Developer
- Created custom Oracle table used for document tracking of EDI X12, EDIFACT, VDA and SAP Idocs.
- Developed Inbound business processes for handling of inbound EDI messages.
- Developed business process for reporting acknowledgement statuses sent by partners back to SAP.
- Created SQL maps for updating Document Status tables with document info and status codes for inbound and outbound data movement.
- Performed system tuning by moving business processes to appropriate queues based on load and priority.
- Created custom FTP script for automated testing of inbound and outbound data.
- Met with clients and technical stakeholders to analyze and document detailed B2B statement of requirements.
- Analyzed and documented existing or legacy system B2B processes, components, interfaces and supporting systems within the Confidential to determine their function within an enterprise B2B capability.
- Design data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, on line, and production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems.
- Developed and implemented a B2B processes using Graphical Process Modeler (GPM) and Business Process Modeling Language (BPML).
- Managed Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) processing and exchange of routine business data between trading partners in standard data formats.
- Develop and implement: adaptor service configurations; data transformation; data content parsing and extraction; and data routing.
- Perform troubleshooting and performance tuning of SBI product and Data Maps.
- Perform SBI product customization to meet Confidential requirements.
- Discuss and define B2B end-state integration technology with the architecture group.
- Identify Confidential activities for an integrated implementation plan.
- Use supported industry standards, prebuilt processes and services (for example: EDI, EDIINT, etc.) to implement SBI data mapping and map conversion.
- Create Map Source and Destination Schemas.
- Design and develop Data Maps.
- Process Inbound and Outbound business information.
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator Architect
- Working on Phased project using SI 5.2 multi-node cluster and Confidential ’s SIMON Framework to provide users transaction visibility for EDI and non-EDI document processing through the use of custom trackpoint services utilized in business processes.
- Used Eclipse and MESA Developer Studio Skin Editor to provide customized schemes for 4 SI environments.
- Developed custom alert processes for notification of MQ queue failures using custom XSLT’s.
- Provide technical support for dealers and suppliers to ensure supply chain continuity for quote and order fulfillment.
- Developed utility using business processes, XML maps and interactive spreadsheet to facilitate automated loading of partners, envelopes, mailboxes, routing rules, identities and delivery channels into SI and Confidential Framework.
- Developed custom processes to automatically create SI components (Envelopes, Identities, Mailboxes, routing rules) using Excel VBA macros, custom FTP scripting, business processes and XML maps.
- Currently support two major, high visibility client interfaces. One consisting of financial documents MT940, ISO20022, 820, 823 and 828, and the other consisting of JIT Quote, Proposal and Order documents.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Working remotely as a consultant for Sterling Commerce Managed Services on Global Integrated On-Demand Environment.
- This environment consists of a series of “pods” that are instances of GIS/Sterling Integrator.
- Built custom XML typing maps to facilitate load of envelope data into Sterling Integrator.
- Created maps for X12, EDIFACT and TRADACOMs managed clients in North America, United Kingdom, France and Australia.
- Configured AS2, FTP, sFTP and HTTP(s) communications between managed services clients and their trading partners.
- Created comprehensive Business Requirements document that details scope of work. Created and presented Solution Support manuals for handover to Managed Services Support teams in North America and Europe.
- Configured client specific end-to-end EDI process flow using pre-defined business processes to facilitate data translation, manipulation and secure delivery.
Gentran Integration Suite Consultant
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Currently involved in a wide range of management consulting activities for Confidential clients that involve business process re-engineering, business process modeling and information systems implementation.
- Discussions with personnel regarding existing business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement in the manner in which business is conducted.
- Providing staff supplementation with the adoption of industry ‘Best Practices’ for EDI document exchange between trading partners.
- Provide consultation on High Availability environments in order to ensure business continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Preparation of comprehensive documentation as to findings and recommendations for courses of action for improves internal processes.
Senior E-Commerce Consultant
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Engaged in implementations using Sterling Commerce’s Gentran Integration Suite EAI application for the past 5 years. Primary functions include design of proposed integration architecture, development of business process models to facilitate end-to-end movement and manipulation of data between internal business application(s) and external trading partners.
- 5 years working with Gentran Server for Windows NT. Functions include creation of Technical Architecture Documentation for new and existing implementations, creation of Mapping Requirements Specification/GAP analysis.
- Setup and maintenance of production and testing environments for EDI document flow between client and trading partners.
- Inbound and Outbound mapping and unit testing for transaction sets including 810, 812, 820, 824, 850, 852, 864 and 856. Experience with SAP mapping, IDOCS and status reporting.
- Mapping with Oracle 11i. Mapping to Enterprise One (E1) and JDE One World. Advanced mapping includes SDQ (Store Destination Quantity).
- Creation of sessions and unattended processes to facilitate documentation processing, data and archive management.
- Setup of partner profiles, relationships, functional group and interchanges for Inbound and Outbound processing of documents. Setup of File System, FTP, Frame Relay, SOCKETS and MAPI gateways and mailboxes.
- Maintenance of SQL Server Relational Database using structured queries (SQL).
Confidential, Bristol, PA
Senior Delivery Consultant
- Worked on custom UPS 240 process (Motor Carrier Package Status) to replace manual, in-store inventory scanning. This process would compare warehouse shipment information to goods delivery for inventory control.
- Designed custom file specifications and data mapping for 810, 850 and 856. Data formats include SAP IDOC X12 Custom Flat File.
- Effected changes to complex Sterling Integrator business processes to facilitate efficient movement of data to internal business groups. An example of this would be the document merge of several thousand transactions prior to payload delivery.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Technical lead for GIS to SAP ECC 7.0 engagement.
- Developed ALE business processes to handle inbound and outbound EDI document exchange to and from SAP. Incorporated comprehensive error handling to notify EDI staff when a document was non-compliant or a communication error occurred.
- Developed maps specific to the steel industry including XML, CSV, JDBC and delimited formats. Transactions include X12 850, 810, 855, 856, 860, 861, 863 and 870.
- Performed data mining and conversion from legacy AS/400 system during conversion to GIS and SAP.
- Successfully designed and implemented high availability, custom Failover solution for GIS using MicroSoft Cluster Manager.
- Prepared comprehensive document for business process development and high availability environment.
- Developed complex business processes for processing of subscription messages delivered by trading partners to GIS mailboxes via multiple protocols i.e. FTP, HTTP etc.
- Performed complex operations using SOPHOS virus scan, Document Merge, Translation, JDBC SELECT, UPDATE and INSERTS to populate Oracle database with statuses during message transformation. Document tracking was facilitated using custom web application.
- Comprehensive error handling incorporated to facilitate proper notification and resolution with minimal disruption to business.
- Developed processes to integrate with SWIFT gateway and Connect Express protocol.
- Assisted in creation of database model to be used by GIS and SWIFT web application.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Delivery Consultant
- Lead delivery consultant for Phase One implementation of Managed File Transfer solution.
- Architected solution for highly available and redundant environment for the secure movement of large files from and to external clients.
- Utilized GIS mail boxing as the repository for encrypted and zipped files for inbound and outbound processing.
- Implemented Connect Direct Server Suite adapters for file transfer from GIS mailboxes to internal mainframe systems.
- Created inbound and outbound business processes to facilitate the movement of files to and from internal systems.
- Setup and configured GIS 2-node Active-Active cluster. modified mailbox jsp's to provide form fill functionality in order to simulate single sign on from security gateway system.
- Prepared complete design solution for implementation.
- Consulted on best practices for performance tuning GIS.
Confidential, Freeport, IL
- Technical lead for long-term engagement.
- Currently on Phase One of implementation.
- Gentran Integration Suite 4.1 implementation with SAP ECC 5.0 for large Confidential 500 manufacturer in Illinois.
- Facilitated migration from GENTRAN OS/390 mainframe of strategic EDI partners for Phase One implementation.
- Developed business processes and data maps to control movement and translation of X12 EDI data to SAP IDoc structure. IDocs include ORDERS05, INVOIC02, SHPMNT05, DELVRY03, PEXR2002, PROACT01.
- Constructed complex maps including transactions 850 and 852 SDQ (Store destination quantity) incorporating client’s unique business rules. Made use of JAVA hash tables for creation of IDocs for each store location.
- Used tRFC (ALE) and File based RFC as transport mechanisms for IDocs to and from SAP. Also built processes to send and retrieve documents between client systems and Value Added Networks using FTP and AS2 protocols.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Senior Delivery Consultant
- Gentran Integration Suite 4.0 implementation for large Atlanta based packaging company.
- Installation and configuration of GIS on AIX 5.3 UNIX in a clustered environment with ORACLE RAC.
- Implemented Connect Direct as the primary communication mechanism for guaranteed delivery of documents from and to Sterling Information Broker.
- MQSeries was the message queuing mechanism used to receive messages from HP3000 systems located in a number of plants to obtain shop floor information in real time.
- Designed business processes to facilitate movement and translation of data. Incorporated comprehensive error handling using email and html notifications.
- Installed and configured iWay55 software for data enrichment. Messages were posted to iWay from JDE Enterprise One (E1) and enriched via the JDE interoperability adapter, then posted to a URI on the GIS server via an HTTP Server adapter.
- Created complex maps that would split purchase orders received by key partners that would output one purchase order per line item.
- Installed GIS cluster with Oracle’s RAC solution.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Performed Gentran Integration Suite implementation services for large chemical manufacturer in the Richmond area.
- Drafted Technical Architecture Document, which served as the basis for the implementation of Gentran Integration Suite 4.0.
- Developed necessary business process models to facilitate EDI-X12 and EDIFACT movement of data to and from trading partners. Development included FTP communication between MCI VAN as well as direct with external and internal trading partners.
- Established successful ALE communication with SAP R/3 46C application system using GIS’s SAP Suite Adapter. This involved use of SAP x-ref’s and routes to direct data and track movement of IDocs to and from SAP.
- Incorporated comprehensive error handling at critical points in business processes. This included email notifications to key staff in order to maintain system health and data integrity.
- Performed mapping of 850, 810, 855, 860, 865 and IFCSUM EDIFACT documents.
Senior Delivery Consultant
- Successfully implemented GIS 3.2 at two divisions of a large Confidential and building materials manufacturer in Ontario.
- Developed business processes to facilitate EDI exchange of documents 850, 810, 856 and 855 to and from trading partners. These involved 2 distinct implementations, however, the application system architecture was BAAN 4C4 in both environments.
- Incorporated use of FTP communication to and from ALLSTREAM VAN using MULTIPLE PUT and GET commands.
- Created custom maps used in conjunction with JDBC lookups to an ORACLE view to retrieve data from customer and item master tables. This provided less overhead for BAAN as the application was not tasked of capable of performing this function.
- Developed error handling business processes to trap errors at critical points end-to-end.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Developed 24 maps including EDI transactions 850, 810, 940, 943, 944, 945. These were flat file maps written to and from JDE One World application system tables.
- Incorporated custom JAVA user exit to handle complex delivery schedule based on location of vendor and requested shipment date.
- Moved all trading partners from GENTRAN Director to GIS.
- Setup AS2 communications via HTTP via Apache web server deployed within customer DMZ.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Architect and Technical Lead
- Implemented Gentran Server NT EDI software with integration to Oracle 9i interface tables.
- Developed ODBC maps for translation of data for transactions 210, 816, 867, 810, 850, 940, 945.
- Performed unit, bracket and volume testing with all EDI partners using business scripts provided by customer.
- Developed disaster recovery plan and setup up failover system.
- Successfully configured and deployed AS2 communication with key high volume vendor using TIBCO Business Connect software.
- Monitored order import process in ORACLE APPS after EDI orders were written to interface tables by GENTRAN.