- Empowering decision makers with data analytics and trusted insights building interactive dashboards and reports.
- Organized BI project manager offering 25+ years of experience leading key growth initiatives overseeing development of MicroStrategy configuration objects, schema, reports, and dashboards. Known as an expert in optimizing architecture based on platform needs and tool usage in a fast - paced environment.
- Collaborative, analytical and hands-on with a solid career history reflecting strong leadership experience that builds and motivates matrixed and cross-functional teams.
- Highly praised for critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills and in-depth knowledge of data warehousing concepts and dimensional modeling.
- MicroStrategy Schema
- Hybrid Schemas
- Business Metrics
- Acceptance Testing
- Project Management
- Business Intelligence
- Data Integrity
- Virtualization Platforms
- Software Development
Operating Systems: MicroStrategy (4.x-10.x), Informatica, Sane Solutions, DBA Studio, Visual Studio.net, Expressions Studio, Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Cognos Dream Weaver, Lotus Notes, Business Objects Windows (All Versions), some RH Linux, some UNIX, some Solaris
Database Platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2-UDB, Sybase, Informix, AWS Redshift/RDS/Aurora, Hive, Impala
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Senior MicroStrategy Architect
- Deploy 30+ data warehouse projects using platform versions 4.x - 10.x fixing MicroStrategy data for 15+ clients across the food and beverage, retail, financial, science, and service verticals. Architect projects involving tuning, dashboards, mobile technology, metadata, migrations, upgrades, reports, documentation, and training users.
- Lead teams of 30+ analyzing, auditing, and developing software and business-critical data models.
- Project Scope: MicroStrategy Reporting & Architecture - 2 years (ongoing)
- Add new mobile line of business building BI architecture, reports, and dashboards to existing ecosystem increasing sales capabilities with zero interruption to existing reports.
- Maximize transparency enabling data-driven decision making designing and architecting Viewership data from Hadoop into MicroStrategy.
- Improved cube and query tuning for reports and 50+ intelligent cubes optimized using VLDB settings, schema adjustment, and partitioning. This reduced the loading time to meet SLA’s
- Project Scope: Global Financial Data Warehouse (GDW) - 15 months
- Optimized performance for environment with 20K+ users and 25+ projects leveraging schedules, caches, cubes, and tuning with Enterprise Manager.
- Streamlined GL data co-designing new MDM processes, governance, policies, standards, and tools to consistently define location generating single point of reference.
- Produced 10+ SOPs concerning migrations and testing procedures used by dozens of developers and architects across as many projects maintaining sanctity of the schema.
- Delivered BI solution architecture and 2K+ reports containing Teradata tables and 2B+ rows for GDW Finance and Global Analytics, and Global Restaurant Operation Improvement Process (GROIP).
- Increased productivity and communication of 3 project teams (union SME’s, MSTR developers, and HW vendors) quickly turning stalled project around speeding up completion by 4 months.
- Changed processes around development, pre-production, and production environments, as well as around upgrades and migration control significantly decreasing post-launch errors.
- Eliminated compatibility errors helping upgrade-proof 5+ web customizations using Web API.
- Project Scope: Financial / Project Management / Human Resources Reporting Applications - 21 months
- Contributed project management expertise helping visualize, document, and map out migration of ERW self-service Oracle reports into MicroStrategy.
- Reduced reporting time 80% replacing large OBIEE application; redesigning warehouse to accommodate as-is and as-was reporting needs.
- Optimized performance for ~300 end users balancing use of caching, cubes, and tuning to accommodate instantaneous reporting upgrades keeping load within established SLAs.
- Minimized downtime while working on POC’s involving XQuery data sources in FFSQL for mobile app, Cloudera (Impala) as warehouse, and cutting-edge MSTR portal integration.
- Introduced FFSQL queries to rapidly retrieving reports from Teradata allowing customer reports to be QA’d and into production in under
- Generated high customer satisfaction using URL API to distribute new MicroStrategy reporting to existing SharePoint location that end users were already familiar with.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Transformed large, complex, and problematic implementations into successful deployments including ODS, EDW, and Datamart design, management, and implementation.
- Designed ETL plans, maintenance and data plans, and data change controls.
- Gathered requirements, assembled and mentored development team, and produced competitive product analyses.
- Produced 1st-ever stock index based on online trading data for AmeriTrade; implemented in MicroStrategy
- Generated “Lights Out’ production system from 3+ AmeriTrade source systems through presentation layer.
- Redesigned data alignment and aggregation strategy for FedEx producing application in 45 days.
- Overhauled data and schema architecture at Ace Hardware enabling atomic-level analysis while maintaining current aggregate reporting.
- Influenced data warehouse deployment strategies at well-known firms including Hallmark Cards, Speedway, SuperAmerica, ShopKo, Sprint, and Kohl’s.