Confidential, Southfield, MI
Manager, Financial Applications
- Led the evaluation and RFP of new financial ERP (SAP S4/HANA Multi - tenant) and new FP&A ( Confidential Planning & Analytics). Actively participated in the Explorer Phase to define future processes, identify gaps and propose solutions to close gaps through business process re-engineering and technology innovations.
- Managed a team of 2 direct reports and 3 contractors to support a variety of financial applications including Elite AR/AP/GL, Hyperion HFM/Planning, Concur Travel/Expense/Invoice, Intapp Time and complicated custom integrations. Drove strategic initiatives and projects to standardize the technology platform/applications to reduce run costs, increase efficiencies and improve user experiences.
- Managed the total budget of $3.8M in 2018 including run ($2.1M) and investment ($1.7M). Collaborated with IT functions to achieve cost savings of $300K for 2019 budget and expect to maintain the same service level.
Confidential, Greenfield, IN
Manager, Financial Applications/Processes
- Transformed the global financial reporting and planning processes to increase accuracy/consistence/reliability, automate business processes and enhance capabilities, leveraging existing systems (SAP ECC6.0/Finance and Confidential TM1).
- Participated in the implementation/upgrade of SAP ERP from ECC 6.0 to S4 HANA on Prem, representing FP&A.
- Managed roadmap of financial applications and led the deliveries of key projects to support business initiatives.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Manager, Financial Systems
- Managed a team of 8 consultants to deliver planning and budgeting solutions to Finance based on Cognos TM1 and BI.
- Acted as Platform Owner and Single Point of Contact with Wing - to-Wing responsibilities from project planning, resource allocation, project development, testing, and production promotion to post-production support and issue fixes.
- Collaborated with business to identify pain points in the existing business processes and proposed best-fit solutions to improve business processes.
- Prioritized projects based on Cost/Benefit and Payback analysis to meet budget requirements.
- Implemented the on-shore/off-shore resourcing model to meet budget requirement. Coached up team members to drive efficiency for project delivery and support.
Confidential, Van Buren, MI
Senior Solution Architect
- Managed a team to deliver solutions of business analytics, financial modeling and financial Planning/budgeting to business functions. Built the business analytics and self - service platform using Cognos TM1 and Spotfire.
- Established and coached a very efficient development team and standardized the design and release processes. Introduced 14 new business analytics and self-service solutions in 4 years.
- Delivered the financial planning/budgeting solution, COBRA, for Confidential Treasury IT and assisted in re-engineering the business processes. Enabled senior management to have clear visibility of budget, forecast, costs and labor utilization. Achieved hard cost savings of $5M through vendor re-negotiation and resource planning/pooling.
- Suggested and drove the Match Funding Analytics solution based on deep knowledge of the business processes and data, with capabilities of modeling critical financial metrics, funding forecast and planning, what-if analysis on FX and IR rates and stress testing management. Achieved cost savings of 0.8M annually and reduced cycle time of the stress testing by 90%.
- Collaborated with the Cash team to introduce the FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Reporting) business analytics solution, with built-in intelligence to select signers/accounts to report. Achieved cost savings of $3M through automating the business processes and much reduced consulting service.
- Led a project to convert Hyperion Planning Essbase models, used by FP&A for annual planning/budgeting and quarterly forecast, to TM1 platform, including analyzing the existing models/calculations, proposing bet-fit technology solutions, re-engineering business process and training financial users globally. Achieved goals of simplifying the technical environment and cost savings of $250K.
- Delivered the following business analytics and self-service solutions for Confidential Treasury applications and business functions: Inter-Company Funding Analytics, Cash Forecast/Planning, Cost of Fund Analytics, Derivative Analytics/Reporting, Cash On Hand Reporting, Third Party Debt, Fund Transfer Pricing, and Match Funding.
- Specialized in delivery of business analytics/performance management consulting service to large corporate clients based on Cognos products (TM1, Planning, Controller and BI). Actively involved in business development opportunities, prototype development and preparing project proposals.
- Manage full life - cycle implementation of projects including client business review, requirement analysis, solution design, preparation of SOW and project plan, cost estimate, project scope/budget control and change management.
- Designed and Delivered TM1-based financial performance management solution to a client in consumer packaging industry, including cube/dimension design, data loading through TI processes, complicated business rules, version control and scenario planning. Assisted in user training and knowledge transfer.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Managed Cognos TM1/Planning/BI environment to support various business functions (Finance, Marketing, Sales, Procurement, Engineering, etc.). Worked closely with business partners to identify business needs, recommend workflow/process improvement and propose solutions based on Cognos TM1/BI platform.
- Designed TM1 solutions to support Procurement Capacity Planning process, including cubes, conformed dimensions, sophisticated rules and TI processes. Loaded data from enterprise data warehouse into TM1 and created reports using Report Studio. Created ETL process with Cognos Data Manager to load data from Cognos Planning to data warehouse.
- Implemented Cognos Planning including Analysts models and Contributor applications to support Confidential process of Marketing.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Proposed new BI architecture based on Cognos TM1/BI/Planning platform fro Confidential . Developed business case and created project plan to migrate home - grown application (Excel/Oracle based) to the new platform with additional functionality to increase productivity, targeting $300K annual hard cost savings.
- Coordinated with infrastructure team to install and configure Cognos servers in different regions. Created TM1 dimensions/cubes/rules to model enterprise structure and business processes. Created data replication processes to consolidate Confidential data worldwide. Developed ETL processes with TI programming to load data into TM1.
- Supported BMS Confidential and budgeting processes.
- Developed Excel VBA interface (Add-in/TM1 API) to collect user input and consolidated forecasting data through TM1. Created reports/metrics/dashboards with Cognos Metric Studio to support senior management.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Senior Business Analyst
- Coordinated with key stakeholders and IT infrastructure to translate strategic objectives into actionable technology roadmap and designs.
- Built business cases with costs, benefits and efficiency measures.
- Developed solutions on Cognos TM1 platform to support financial reporting processes with the following typical duties: designing data architecture, creating cubes/dimensions/views, defining ETL processes using TI (with sophisticated programming) to load GL transactions from Global Data Warehouse and load budget/forecast from Excel files, writing rules for advanced calculation, managing security and performance tuning.
- Participated in implementation of Hyperion System 9 focusing on Financial Planning and Essbase.
- Collected and consolidated requests from business partners.
- Developed deployment plan. Led data migration from Cognos TM1/Planning to Essbase.
Senior Financial Analyst
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Managed $75M IT annual investment budget and prioritized project proposals to balance between business needs and IT budget.
- Allocated budget to IT towers, monitored project progress and adjusted budgets on monthly basis.
- Delivered financial support to IT Technical Computing Systems (TCS) tower in financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, monthly end closing and actual tracking and reporting.
- Coordinated with other IT towers to utilize IT assets and resources more efficiently, and achieved the goal of reducing TCS Run expenses by 5% every year.
- Managed the largest IT project with $31M budget Next Generation IPT/LAN Network Upgrade as the project controller.
- Actively involved in RFP, vendor selection and project proposal. Developed the forecast of project costs, quantified potential cost savings and created accounting proposal to capitalize hardware, software and external labor in different countries.